Chapter five

Soul Mate

Your P.O.V

We finally reached my house. An empty feeling is filled within my heart.

My whole world is going to change now. Without Dongwoon, what would my life be like?

He was my life. Not anymore. He’s leaving. He’s not going to be there as often as I wish he would be.

I did not cry this time. I know I have to be brave to show him that I will indeed be okay. At least, that’s what I think.

He let go of my hands. Now we’re facing each other.

He held up a weak smile on his face. I know it’s a fake smile. It isn’t a smile that I see on his face all the time.

Is he sad too?

I don’t want to let him go yet. I wasn’t prepared for it. I wanted more time. More time with him.

“You know, it’s not like we’re never going to see each other again right? I’m just going to really busy from now on. If I have time, I’ll be sure to come visit you as often as I can. We can still talk and text each other through our phones.” He told me.

He held up his phone and I held mine up. We have the same phone case. It was to remind us of each other. We promised not to change it.

“Oppa, I just hope that you will enjoy your time in university. Maybe I can find one near yours! That way it would be a lot easier for us to see each other from time to time. What do you think?”

“I think that would be a wonderful idea. However, you’ll have to study really hard for me. Are you willing to do that?” He asked me.

“Of course, anything for you.” I smiled.

“I want you to take care of yourself, you hear me? Take really good care of yourself. Remember to eat. And those tricks I’ve taught you? Remember those? Use them if necessary. Beat the crap out of people who are not nice to you. I only wish I can prote..”

“Yes, yes I get it MOTHER.” I laughed.

He smiled at me. His eyes, full of sadness, are now staring at mine.

He leaned in. My heart is beating fast for him.

I closed my eyes as he planted a soft kiss on my lips.

“I love you, _____-ah. I do. Sorry I have to leave you. Take care.”

He opened the door for me, and let me walk inside the house.

But I watch him leave.

What is this feeling? Butterflies in my stomach. Heart beating fast.

I didn’t get to say I love you back to him. What was I thinking? I need to tell him too.

I ran outside, searching for him. But it’s so dark outside. I can’t see him. I ran back to the park. Nothing.

“Dongwoon oppa!” I yelled.

No response.

He’s truly gone. Away from me. Tears are now streaming down my cheeks.

This is reality. He’s not here anymore.

I’m going to miss him. More than anything else.

Not in the right state of mind, I ran back to my house. I want to get away from here. A place that would remind me of him. For now, I can’t stand it. I can’t stand being here without him. It’s too terrible. It’s not right. Not the same.

Everything is blurry. My eyes hurt. But I didn’t care. I want to run. Run away from reality. I want to wake up. Hoping this is all a dream. When I open my eyes once again, I’ll see him smiling, waiting for me.

Is that a light in front of me? It that the way to wake me from this nightmare? I ran towards it, and then everything became dark.