Chapter 12

Soul Mate

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

 

Ever since the incident at the club, I never went back there again.

It was a stupid idea. I thought it would help erase _____ from my mind.

Ever since then, I’ve been thinking about her more and more every day.

. I can’t even concentrate. Final exams are coming up and I really need to study.

I need those grades, those credits to graduate early.

But somehow, I feel like I did see _____ at the club that day.

 

How am I to kid? She’s probably having a fun time without me in Japan.

Thanks for not contacting me for the past three years.

Not even a hi from her. So much for a friendship we had all these years.

Do I even mean anything to her?

 

Forget it. I have exams to study for. I don’t need a friend who doesn’t care about my existence to be on my mind right now.

 

“Dongwoon-ah!”

“What hyung?”

“There is someone looking for you. You might want to come out.”

“Who is it? Do you know the person?”

“No. I don’t know him.”

Him? Who would be looking for me at the time of the day?

 

 

I walked towards the living room and saw a priest sitting on our couch.

I don’t know any priest?

 

“Um….sir….I’m the Son Dongwoon that you’re looking for.” I said while walking towards him.

There was an awkward atmosphere rising.

He kept on staring at me. Seems like he’s in his deep thoughts.

 

“Sir? I still have exams I would like to study for. Would you mind telling me what is the reason that you are looking for me?”

His expression didn’t change. However, this time he finally spoke.

“Are you friends with ______-ssi?” He asked suddenly.

I was shocked. Not many people know about our friendship here in this big city. Especially a priest who is a stranger to me.

“Did my parents send you here? What kind of joke is this?”

I was angry.

“I see. So you aren’t friends with ______-ssi then, am I correct?”

I stared at him.

“I didn’t deny our friendship. I just want to know why..”

“That’s all I need to know. Thank you. And sorry for interrupting your studies. I’ll get going now.”

What the hell is happening?

“Do you know her? Why did you bring her up all of a sudden? She has been gone for almost 3 years now! Do you still expect me to say anything about it?” I yelled at him.

He smiled at me. HE SMILED AT ME! What is he thinking?

“I’ll be at St. Mary’s church if you ever wanted to talk. I believe you need to go back to your studies now.”

He left right afterwards.

St. Mary’s, St. Mary’s……

That’s near my university.

Wait, how did that priest find out where I live anyway?