Chapter four

Soul Mate

Your P.O.V

 

We had spent the whole day together. We went to ice cream shop, a café, a fancy restaurant, the amusement park, and last but not least, the park where we used to play together all the time.

Time went by fast, it was 10:30 p.m. when we arrived at the park.

Of course, no matter how old I am, I always ran for the swing first. Dongwoon always teases me because of it.

Sitting on the swing, sadness suddenly struck me. This is it, my best friend is leaving, he’s not coming back for a really long time. I’m going to be alone.

“_____-ah, are you okay?” Dongwoon asked me.

I looked up at him. He was standing in front of me, looking worried.

“Oppa…..I…..I’m really going to miss you.”

I can feel tears streaming down my cheeks. His face is becoming blurry due to my tears. I can’t, I have to stop crying, I have to remember his face.

“_____-ah, I’m going to miss you too. So badly.” He bends down, looking me straight in the eyes.

I hugged him. I hugged him tightly with all the strength I have left in my body.

“Why do you have to be so smart oppa? With my grades, I can never enter the same university as you.”

He chuckled.

It was silent for a really long time. I enjoyed this silence. It was nice and calm. I can hear him breathing next to my ears.

I don’t want this to end. I wish we can stay like this forever. I can’t imagine my life without him. It’s too horrible to imagine. Just the thought of him leaving terrifies me.

After god knows how long, my phone suddenly starts ringing. It was a text message from my mom telling him to go home soon because it’s getting late.

The park isn’t far away from my house, so we decided to walk back instead of driving. Of course that’s not the reason why I wanted to walk home. I still want to spend whatever time I can have with him.

While we’re walking back, we saw shooting stars in the beautiful night sky.

I closed my eyes and made a wish.

A wish I hope will become true. A wish that would make my life perfect. A wish that will put everything back to where it used to be. A wish about him.

“What did you wish for, _____-ah?”

“If I tell you oppa, it wouldn’t become true.”

“Fair enough.” He smiled at me.

We are now holding hands, walking back to my house.

On our way, we saw an old couple holding hands, walking together in the park.

A thought went through my head. A thought how I wish would be reality.

Me and him, holding hands together, even at old age.

The thought of it made me smile. Maybe it could possibly become true. Maybe one day……one day.

 

 

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

I know how sad _____ must be. She finally realized I’m truly leaving her.

The thought of her hurting because of me gave me heartache.

She was crying. Crying because of me.

I can’t stand her being hurt. Whenever she’s hurt, I’m always there to protect her. This time, this time is different. The reason why she’s hurt is because of me. I, Son Dongwoon, am the reason why her tears are falling.

I walked up to her asking her if she’s okay. Of course she’s not okay. She’s crying.

She hugged me after me telling her how much I’m going to miss her.

A hug that melted my heart. A hug that made me realized something. A hug which I never want it to end.

Her phone suddenly went off so we had to pull off. It was of course from her mom, worrying about her.

We walked back to her place. A walk which brings me closer and closer to my departure.

While walking, we saw shooting stars in the sky. We both made a wish.

“What did you wish for, _____-ah?” I asked her curiously.

“If I tell you oppa, it wouldn’t become true.”

“Fair enough.” I smiled at her.

My wish….a wish I hope would become true one day. A wish that would make my life perfect. A wish that would bring all the happiness in the world to me. A wish about her.

I held her hands with mine. Intertwine ours fingers together. My heart beating fast.

As we are walking back to her house, we saw an elderly couple, holding hands, talking and laughing.

A thought flashed through my mind. A thought I wish would be true one day. A thought about me and her, growing old together.

Perhaps one day. One day it will be true.