Chapter 9

Soul Mate

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

 

I followed them. They were taking the elevator. I couldn’t risk being seen. It looks like they’re hiding something from me. Who would they visit together? It seems too odd to me.

The elevator stopped at 7th floor.

So I took the next available so I took the next available elevator up there.

For a moment I thought I might have lost them. But it’s really hard to miss them since they’re wearing bring colored clothing.

I spotted them down the hallway. I followed them quietly.

They finally entered a room. Not wanting them to know I was here, I didn’t dare to open the door. So I listened to their conversation.

“It’s been 2 years now. Still nothing. She’s not getting better at all. The doctor said she’s still in a coma. She can wake up anytime. They were sure she isn’t brain dead….”

Brain dead? Coma? Who are they visiting anyways? Seems like someone I don’t know. I guess I’ll just go back and find hyungs.

 

______ mom’s P.O.V

“How could we ever tell Dongwoon this? It’s not his fault. He wasn’t there. He just doesn’t need to know about this until his school is over. I know you guys are worried too. But think about your son. His future? It would be a lot better if he doesn’t know about this.”

“He has the right to know. They’re best friends. As all of us can tell, they’re also in love with each other. It’s not just about my son’s sake. It’s about ______’s too.”

“Just hear me out, once Dongwoon gets out of college, we’ll tell him the truth. It’s just that I can’t watch him throw away his future for ______. It’s not a risk she would want to take also.” I told them.

“She’s right. Dongwoon has a good future. Let’s not ruin it for him. This can wait. She can wait. Maybe she will even wake up before time.” My husband sided with me.

“But Dongwoon has changed. Ever since I’ve told him about ______ supposedly studying in Japan, busy with school. His tone is just cold now. I’m afraid that he’s changed. I know he wanted to see her again.”

Not yet. I know Dongwoon’s not yet to face the truth.

“He will blame himself for this. We all know. I’m not letting that happen. It’s sad enough already. Let’s just keep it this way for now. Until we are all truly ready to face the truth.” I told them.

 

I wish this was all a dream.