The Bohemian like you

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon could not believe that.

She woke up at the couch in the middle of Dara and Jiyong’s salon. She looked around in panic and spotted a clock – 5:48am.

Then she saw Dara sleeping on the other sofa. She quietly stood up and reached for her phone, making a way to the kitchen. The view on the screen caused her to become paler than usual.

 

Mom (12 missed calls)

 

“” she hissed and then covered after realizing what she just said. She dialed the number and came back to the salon, checking if Dara set up her alarm to get up to school. It happened that she did so Taeyeon, still with her own phone by the ear, ran across the room to check up on Chaerin and Minji. She opened the doors to Dara’s bedroom and saw both of them asleep as well, on the other sides of the king-sized bed.

Finally the other side of the line picked up.

“Mom!” Taeyeon stood still and closed the doors to the room quietly “Hi! Sorry I’m waking you up…I fell asleep at Dara’s…No…No, we didn’t…No, I don’t have a hangover…Don’t worry” she rolled her eyes “Yes, I will be home soon…I told you I’m around the corner…” she reached for her bag and made her way to the exit “Yes, they’re ok…Still sleeping…I told you they’re sleeping so that’s why I’m whispering, jeez…Ok…Ok…” she reached for the doorknob when doors opened just before her, revealing the person on the other side, with tired eyes and keys in the hand.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she saw Jiyong, raising his eyebrow and looking at her from head to toe.

 

“And I thought I sobered” he smirked.

“I have to go, bye” she quickly said and ended the call before looking up to meet his puzzled stare “What are you doing here?”

Jiyong raised an eyebrow once again.

“I live here?” he answered to what Taeyeon face-palmed. Of course he does.

Then she heard him laughing and saw leaning on the doorframe, arms crossed.

“So…May I come in?” he asked teasingly. She stepped from her spot, letting him in. Jiyong stretched his neck, looking inside the messy salon and then back at her.

“I see you had fun, girls”

“Yeah, you too” Taeyeon frowned and waved her hand before her face “You smell like a mix of vodka, beer, rum and Marlboro”

“You guessed!” Jiyong grinned and went to the kitchen “Wanna coffee?”

Taeyeon looked after him ad blinked her eyes.

“No, I have to-”

“Oh right” Jiyong was back from the kitchen while lighting up a cigarette, his voice amused “You might be late to school”

“I need to go back home and take a shower before classes!” she stated “I would suggest you to do  the same”

“How about no?” he smiled as the smoke came out from his nose “I just sobered so my hangover will start in few hours…It’s obvious I’m not going to school today” he pointed at the kitchen with his thumb “Still no coffee?”

“Ugh, no” she rolled her eyes “As you wish. Just make sure they’re up soon”

“Of course. Now go, you might be late” he grinned and then winged his eyebrows “Chicken”

Taeyeon fumed.

“Jerk”

“Love you too”

“Double jerk!” she exclaimed and went out of the apartment, slamming the doors behind her.

Jiyong could not help as he laughed as loud as it was possible, waking the rest of the girls up.

 

 

LATER

 

 

Jongin was more than delighted to share his lunch time with Minji, as she had a break in the practice.

He was already tired of his friends gazing suspiciously at him. On the other hand he should not be that surprised – the first illegal boxing fight left him in a worse state than he firstly assumed.

“Really Kwon Jiyong did that to you while training?” but of course, Minji was not very different from the rest in that case.

“Yeah” Jongin smiled widely while trying to ignore the pain itching around his eye “He’s really special”

Minji only raised her eyebrow. Of course Kwon Jiyong was a lie, but he himself and Yongguk told him to keep telling that as the cause of his current state.

“It’s odd” she said and then came back to her sandwich “I mean it’s not like I underestimate him but still, you’re a pro-fighter”

Jongin wanted to face-palm. She had a point after all.

“He’s a kickboxer, that’s why” he lamely explained, trying as hard as he could to not look at her “He uses his legs, while I only punch”

The truth to be told, he felt terrible while lying to her but he knew there was no choice. He just wished they could end that topic already.

“And how was the little party at Dara’s yesterday?” he asked, suddenly remembering why Minji could not meet with him last evening.

“It was awesome, actually” she laughed “Dara-unnie is fun, as well as Taeyeon-sshi. I was surprised to see her there but she seems to get along with Chaerin-unnie. I never knew they’re kinda close…Not friends but not strangers” she took another bite “We were watching Sailor Moon and drinking some colorful drinks, nothing more” with that she raised her eyebrow, like some sudden thought invaded her mind “Actually, Dara-unnie spoke a lot about Jiyong-sshi yesterday. He seems like a good guy…It’s strange he did that to you”

Jongin suddenly paled.

“Can we please stop talking about this?” he said, but the way he did that was too much. He widened his eyes and looked at Minji.

She looked absolutely startled.

“, Minji, I’m sor-“

“I will be going” she smiled uncomfortably and stood up from the bench “Thank you for the lunch. It was fun”

“Minji, wait, I’m really sorry!” Jongin called after her but she was already on the way back to the school. He sighed and covered his face with his hands.

“Congrats Kim Jongin, you’re an idiot” he muttered to himself when another voice was heard.

“True story”

Jongin’s head perked up to see Kris above him, smirking and crossing his arms.

“You made your girlfriend mad?”

“Yeah” Jongin scoffed and then looked up at him again “She’s not my girlfriend”

“Right. We, guys, always say that” Kris stated and pointed at the sports center building with his head “You’re coming?”

Jongin only nodded and stood up, following his tall figure.

This day was already strange. First Luhan and Chanyeol and theirs never-ending questions about his black eye (for the second day), later Baekhyun sitting in the cafeteria together with Yongguk, Chaerin and their crew, not to mention Jongin’s unintentional outburst at Minji and now Kris and his unusual behavior. They were “desk-mates” so they were speaking from time to time but it never went deeper than random talk about essays, their new literature teacher or asking for a pen to borrow.

Just then they reached the main entrance while noticing a person, who smiled widely upon seeing them.

“Hey Yongguk” Jongin waved his hand and the said boy only nodded.

“Hey New Kid, you’re ok?” he asked and then pointed at Kris “Mind if I borrow him for a moment?”

Jongin blinked and looked at Kris, and then back to Yongguk.

His classmate only raised an eyebrow.

“I guess no” finally Jongin said, still shocked by another strange event today, and went to the building “See you”

 

Yongguk looked after him and then turned to face Kris.

“Have a minute?”

“Depends” Kris answered “What’s up?”

Yongguk nodded and then crossed his arms, gazing at the taller boy with a serious face.

“One of Himchan’s friends, I believe her name is Krystal, saw you together with Chaerin at some bar few days ago” he raised his eyebrow “I would like to know what the hell was that”

Kris blinked his eyes.

“Not much” he answered, his voice unaffected “I was friends with Chaerin once. Maybe it’s time to burn the hatchet”

“Bull” Yongguk snapped “You’ll never give up, right?”  

“Actually no, I won’t”

Yongguk snickered after hearing his words.

“Leave it, Kris” he became serious again “There is nothing to fight for. She’s with me for more than few years. Just drop it”

“And I always thought you’re clueless” Kris smirked “Oh right, I forgot. You’re in advanced classes. At the top of the list but you keep your results a secret”

“Another problem that you have with me?” this time Yongguk smirked “Just leave her alone. She will never go after you”

“Maybe that’s your problem?” Kris’ stare became challenging what cause Yongguk’s eyes to widen.

“Excuse me? What was that supposed to mean?”

“That you’re too sure” Kris shrugged his shoulders “You’re so sure about her, about your relationship and about your life with her that it became nothing special for you. It’s normal, it just is. Even now you’re talking to me instead of asking her. Are you even jealous? Or mad at her sometimes?”

“I trust her” Yongguk stated “Simple”

“That’s what I’m trying to say” Kris took a step forward “I’m not saying it’s wrong but that’s not how the relationships work. At least not with a people like Chaerin” Kris squeezed Yongguk’s shoulder “You’re the knight in shining armor and she’s your absolute opposite. You two will never last”

“Funny” Yongguk smiled while shoving his hand off “You were ok for the last 2 years and suddenly you’re trying to get her. Why is that?” he crossed his arms again “Is it about her or rather about me?”

“I can see you two are falling apart” Kris answered and then laughed “Besides are you trying to play Jongdae and give me the role of Baekhyun? It’s not about you, you’re not a special snowflake”

“Baekhyun was just jealous of Jongdae” Yongguk specified firmly “But you truly hate me. That’s the difference”

With that Yongguk passed by him and made his way back to the school’s main building. Suddenly he stopped, turning his profile to Kris.

“One last question…Have you really decided to end our friendship because of basketball and illegal boxing?”

“Partly” Kris only answered “But after that party at Nana’s you and Chaerin became too close. I couldn’t watch you anymore”

After hearing that Yongguk nodded and left.

 

 

LATER

 

 

Baekhyun felt awkward, he really did.

He met with Chaerin, Yongguk, Dara, Jiyong, Yukwon, Himchan and Luhan near Hapjeong metro station. They were supposed to go to some karaoke bar to have fun and drinks before the concert. He was getting used to Himchan and Yukwon, felt comfortable around Chaerin, Yongguk and Dara, apologized to Jiyong (to what he answered with ‘Calm your , no offence taken’), but the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter