The dumb questions

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Go, Yeol! She’s standing right there! Alone!”

“Yes Baek, I definitely see”

“Better stay here Yeol, it’s not like you have a chance”

“Shut up Sehun-sshi! Geez, I can’t believe you’re such an …”

“What is ‘’?”

“Ah, Luhan-sshi, please do not listen to them, especially Baekhyun here…”

“Oh come on Kyungsoo! He needs to learn whole Korean, right? I’m sure he will use ‘’ a lot, especially if he keeps hanging around this cigarette jerk…”

“ ’Jerk’ ?”

“You see Luhan, jerk means not more not less than peni-“

“Jesus Christ, Jongdae! You too?”

“What? Besides weren’t we talking about Chanyeol and his long-legged crush?”

“ ‘Crush’ ? It’s like ‘love’, right?”

“Whoa whoa whoa, easy there Chinese boy! I do not love her, ok? I just…I just like her”

“Yeah, right”

“Shut up Jongdae or she might hear you!”

“Dude, you’re staring at her almost constantly when you have a chance so I am pretty positive she knows already”

“True…It’s still strange she didn’t smack you or call you a ert”

“Sehun-sshi!”

“ ‘ert’ ? ”

“Sehun-sshi, you’re really a mood killer! Yes, Luhan-sshi, a ert is a person who-“

“Why would she smack me? She’s nice”

“Nice? She’s a queen bee already”

“So what? You’re not and you still act like a prick”

“ ‘Prick’ ?”

“Well, Sehun-sshi is partly right here… She’s the prettiest girl in school so no wonder people labeled her already…But the truth is that we don’t know her and we can’t judge her yet”

“Whatever”

“Thank you Kyungsoo for existing and for shutting Sehun’s mouth”

With that Park Chanyeol rolled his eyes and left his new friends and schoolmates – Byun Baekhyun, Do Kyungsoo, Kim Jongdae, Oh Sehun and Xi Luhan while making his way to the other side of the roof.

Being accepted to St. John’s high school was already exciting but everything became even better when he saw her.

Blonde, slim, incredibly tall with unbearably long legs and sweet giggle that he was hearing sometimes at the hallway when he was passing by.

Nana.

He knew only that, nothing more…Well, sort of.

In the past few weeks Park Chanyeol managed to gather some informations – more specifically her blood type, date of birth, favorite food, band and movie, her perfume brand and her unofficial title of the queenka of school. Why that happened?

Nana was simply beautiful hence students were talking about her all the time (even though she was just a freshman, just like Chanyeol himself).

It was somehow ironic since she seemed to be interacting only with few people – his own classmate from basic courses, Lee Chaerin, some Japanese model (he did not remember the name, Riko? Miko?) and this one Chinese boy, Kris, who was luckily taller than him. Yes, he kind of knew her friends but not enough to ask them for help.

Additionally it was already 8th week since the school started and Chanyeol could not find a nerve to actually approach her. No, he was not shy and it was not like he did not know how to talk to a girl, but there was something odd about Nana… She seemed too perfect.

Finally he stood beside her, on the opposite side of the railing that Sehun was usually occupying. She did not notice him at first, still being busy with her cigarette and undoubtedly deep thoughts.

“Hi”

Nana jumped in her spot, her hand mechanically going to her chest.

“Oh God, you scared me” she gasped “Hello. Can I help you?”

“Not really” Chanyeol leaned on the barrier nonchalantly “I just thought it’s weird seeing a girl like you alone…What if aliens kidnap you?”

Nana blinked her eyes and soon after that she giggled.

“You’re funny…Chanyeol-sshi, right?”

He paled. How did she know?

“Um, yeah. And you’re Nana”

“No…Actually it’s Jinah” she smirked and his eyes became even bigger than usual. He looked absolutely troubled and awkward as he was sure her name was Nana. Jinah?

What a faux pas, way to go.

“Oh come on, stop with this face” she waved her hand “My real name is Jinah but everyone calls me Nana…What’s with your shoulders?”

Chanyeol looked even more troubled now.

“Excuse me?”

“Yeah, your shoulders” she poked his arm “You always walk like you’re trying to hide your neck. You look like a turtle”

“Oh, that” Chayeol laughed nervously “Dunno. A lot of people talk about my height so I’m trying to hide it somehow”

“Why?” her eyebrow perked “You should be proud of your height…It’s not your fault they’re just short”

“Really?” unknowingly Park Chanyeol smiled. Widely.

“Of course” she stated “I mean I know how it is to be tall…All the names your classmates give you…Giraffe”

“Palm Tree”

“Ladder”

“Tower”

“Lantern”

“Pikachu”

“Yeah exactl-wait, what?” Nana blinked while staring at him again but all she saw was him laughing loudly and in some way teasingly. But soon after that she did the same – minus the teasing part.

And Chanyeol caught it.

“But wait…You’ve been actually watching me? I mean…You’ve noticed how I walk…”

Suddenly he became serious and now it was Nana’s turn to became slightly troubled. But that mask quickly dropped from her stunning face.

“Well, yeah…You’re pretty…”

“Pretty?” he felt his cheeks burning hard.

“Pretty tall. It’s hard to not notice you” she finished and giggled.

Chanyeol felt his hopes dying but they bloomed again in supersonic speed when she spoke again.

“Not that I mind…I could even wear high-heels”

 

 

Chanyeol’s eyes opened rapidly and he felt intolerable heat around his forehead and neck.

This dream was driving him crazy for the past years and now it was back again. What worse - it was an actual memory and it kept on repeating again and again.

He looked frantically around his room – everything was the same. His bed, his books, his uniform ready for the morning, his training bag in the corner.

Only one thing changed - he felt like living in a lie for the past two years.

He massaged his temples and got up from the bed, spotting the clock – 5:43am.

Yes, everything was the same but different in the same time.

He had some time to think last evening after Kris and Chaerin decided to share some decent revelations with him and he decided to do something about it.

He went straight to the bathroom, preparing to take a shower.

It was not like he was going back to sleep – he could not risk to see that memory-turned-dream again anyway.

But on his way he made sure to have Yongguk’s number on his contact list.

 

 

 

LATER

 

 

 

“Are you sure nothing is bothering you?” Sehun, again this morning, asked and the annoyance was clearly hearable in his voice.

Jiyong shook his head in the response and came back to his cigarette.

To be quite honest Sehun did not mind his presence at the roof but Kwon Jiyong was rather hard to deal with. He was this kind of person who had a character summed up in the sentence ‘take it or leave it’ and Sehun truly hoped he will not be forced to take any side.

But it was somehow impossible since Jiyong was simply difficult to be ignored – he was mysterious but random in the same time.

And somehow childish.

And he had a hangover thus he was hyper.

And he loved to ask dumb questions.

“So…If you, kind of, want to see someone badly, like you miss this person – is it love already?”

Even super dumb.

“Or when you feel something hitting you on the chest when you see someone who looks similar to that person on the street or some other random place?”

Still dumb.

“Or how about when you see that person’s face when you’re about to go to sleep?”

Dumber.

“Or when you think about this person when you’re drunk? I heard love is the person you think about when you’re drunk”

The dumbest.

“Jiyong-sshi, please, enough”

“Man” Jiyong scoffed “You’re boring”

Sehun sighed and looked at his unique companion with raised eyebrow.

Yes, Kwon Jiyong was unique, end of the story.

“Dunno, maybe? It’s rather personal. Each person takes it differently” Sehun finally answered and lit up another cigarette, not really minding being late for history class “So you miss some girl?”

“I never said that” Jiyong’s sharp eyes landed on taller boy’s face.

Sehun could only smirk.

“Your whole existence is saying that”

Jiyong looked away, muttering something under his nose.

“Don’t fight it” Sehun spoke again “There is nothing wrong with that”

“That’s what this whole ery with Luhan and Dara showed you?”

Now it was Jiyong’s turn to smirk and Sehun’s turn to look away.

As much as he wanted to question it he had a point. Yes, unknowingly Luhan and Dara were teaching Sehun something. But what was it?

“And I’m not fighting anything” the atmosphere became thicker so Jiyong decided to cut it, changing the subject a little - but not entirely “I’m just trying to figure out what I feel”

“And that’s why you’re asking me all those questions?” Sehun frowned “I should charge you for this”

“Nah, you’ll make a ty psychologist” Jiyong waved his hand “But yeah, you’re right. Since you’ve been through it all recently I think I might use your knowledge. You figured out you love my sister so you came to this conclusion somehow…I want to do that too”

Sehun scowled again and decided that Kwon Jiyong was officially the weirdest person he met in his entire life.

“Then why you don’t ask her? Or Luhan? Or even Yongguk? They’re all in love, right?” the large cloud of smoke escaped Sehun’s mouth and his eyes widened when he heard Jiyong’s casual answer.

“We’re alike”

After few seconds of realization Sehun could only nod in some kind of approval.

Yes, they were alike.

They both were sharing this rare ability of having two different but matching personalities.

Just like Jiyong was childish but mature Sehun was cold but…Yes, exactly, what?

He frowned again and shook his head.

“Yeah, maybe we are…” he nodded and then pointed with his chin at the boulevard below them, something catching his eye “And what is going on there?”

Jiyong quickly looked down as well, concentrating his sight on few figures gathered around the main entrance.

His eyes widened when he recognized Yongguk, Himchan, Yukwon and Kris.

 

 

 

MEANTIME

 

 

 

“I was absolutely sure you s will take it all too seriously” Kris rolled his eyes upon seeing Yongguk and his sidekicks approaching him on his way to school.

When yesterday he and Chaerin met Zico, Kyung and Baekhyun near the bar he knew it will cause many misunderstandings. Of course they told them the truth - that they met with Chanyeol to discuss something that was none of their concern.

Luckily Baekhyun confirmed that he saw Chanyeol somewhere on his way but Kyung and Zico were far from believing, being more than sure that Kris and Chaerin met just because, accusing her of betrayal, naturally.

Kris simply ignored them but Chaerin (who was still emotional about everything that happened that evening) started to yell and call them from ‘idiots’ to ‘gossiping ers’ while demanding to leave her and Yongguk alone. Then again Kris became more than glad to have Baekhyun there since he dragged Chaerin inside the bar to end that unnecessary and growing drama.

It worked but not for long, as Kris was sure that Yongguk will know about everything the next day and of course he will take it out of proportion.

And he was so damn right.

“I told you to stay away from her” he practically roared, his usual calm expression long time gone.

“We had one thing to talk about with Park Chanyeol, nothing happened” Kris crossed his arms “Why don’t you ask her?”

“Shut up Kris, you sleek bastard” Himchan hissed “Just stay away from her for ’s sake, how many times do we have to tell you?”

“Oh, I’m sorry but I think you’re not in the position to tell me what to do” Kris smiled ironically and then looked back at Yongguk “Just calm you , nothing happened. Go and talk to her”

“It’s not the case of her, it’s the case of you completely ignoring me” Yongguk narrowed his eyes “I was trying to talk to you like an equal partner but you’re the complete opposite”

Kris felt his jaw dropping.

“What?!”

Yongguk was simply impossible.

To be absolutely honest Kris was getting tired of him already as his thinking changed drastically after Jongin’s party when he found out about illegal boxing and the fact that Yongguk is still a part of it.

He did not care about Zico, Yukwon or Himchan but at least Yongguk should leave Chaerin and the new kid, Kim Jongin, out of it.

Therefore Kris was simply done and mad. Especially now.

“I am not an equal partner for you?” Kris furrowed his eyebrows “Are you out of your mind and you really feel like an actual king of school or ing life?”

“You know what I’m talking about, stop changing the subject” Yongguk, completely unimpressed, answered “You’re constantly ignoring me and my simple, normal asks. I asked you to stay away from my girl, that’s all. You’re showing no respect and it’s not the matter of me but the matter of everything”

“I have nothing to respect you for”

“You have no respect for anything!”

“Yeah, you’re right, you’re actually anything”

“Stop testing me…”

“Or what?” Kris raised his eyebrows and unknowingly clenched his fists.

“Not sure” Yongguk shrugged his shoulders and smiled widely “How about this?”

 

And then he punched Kris straight in the face.

 

“What the dude?!” Yukwon cried while looking down at Kris who collapsed on the ground “Who are you? Kwon Jiyong?”

“Well, sometimes…” Yongguk casually answered and before he said another word he saw Kris coming back at him.

And just like that, after many years of growing tension, Bang Yongguk and Wu Yifan finally got into a regular fight – much to Himchan’s happiness and Yukwon’s face-palm.

When Himchan was truly delighted and busy cheering for his best friend Yukwon decided to go and search for Chaerin.

No, he never liked Kris but seeing Yongguk getting into trouble because of that brat was not needed.

He reached the auditorium rather quickly, knowing well that today they were having another general rehearsal for the musical and Chaerin was present there together with the rest of the cast and crew.

 

“Chaerin-ah, Yongguk and Kris are fighting!” he announced, too dramatically and loudly for his liking.

 

She firstly gaped while raising her eyebrows and exchanging stares with her classmate, Key, but soon after that she nodded and ran after him.

“I can’t ing believe it” she hissed “Let me guess, Zico and Kyung told him I met with Kris and Park Chanyeol yesterday?”

“Obviously” he answered and pushed the doors open as soon as they reached them.

Chaerin was truly and utterly furious.

She wanted to tell Yongguk everything personally – why she met with Kris but most importantly, why they met with Park Chanyeol. That was also the reason why she decided to not bother him yesterday.

Yes, Chaerin was getting ready to tell her beloved boyfriend the truth about Nana but she never assumed that those two es, namely Zico and Kyung, will destroy everything.

There was no need for another drama that involved her and Kris in Yongguk’s eyes, especially now.

 

Then she stopped and paled, seeing Yongguk and Kris on the ground, throwing punches wherever they could.

 

“What are you doing?!” she screamed “Stop it! Stop!”

She ran to them, grasping on Yongguk’s shoulders and trying to get him off Kris.

“I said stop! Yongguk, please!”

Suddenly Yongguk turned his head to her, his expression becoming automatically softer and calmer. Later he looked back at Kris while releasing the grip on his jacket.

In the meantime Himchan was whining and saying something stupid but Chaerin caught in the corner of her eye how Yukwon smacked his head and told him to ‘shut his bloody mouth’. Gladly it worked.

Two boys got on their feet, fixing their clothes in the meantime.

“What the hell was that?” Chaerin cupped Yongguk’s face “Are you nuts? What if principal Kim would come?”

“Sorry” he flashed his typical gummy smile, completely ignoring the bruise in the corner of his lips “But Kris was asking for that from a long time now”

Chaerin closed her eyes and sighed deeply.

Then she looked at Kris from behind Yongguk’s shoulder.

He was still busy with cleaning his jacket from mud and snow, his expression frustrated and angry. His bruised, pink cheek was only deepening the feeling.

She stared back at her boyfriend and asked quietly.

“Was it because of our meeting yesterday?”

“No” Yongguk shook his head while massaging the a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter