The Monday

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris needed vacation, he really did.

Waking up with a massive hangover was not as bad as recalling the whole night and the way it went.

He stood up from the chair where he was sleeping for few last hours, feeling his long legs being absolutely numb. He scanned the salon in Jongin’s apartment, spotting few random people resting here and there. Additionally he saw Yongguk and Chaerin together on the couch, her figure practically curled in a ball in his arms.

Sigh.

The truth was that he felt absolutely stupid, awkward and full of, somehow, hypocrisy about his yesterday’s outburst on Yongguk.

He felt like he was questioning himself. Hard.

First he tells Yongguk he is too good for Chaerin and later he is accusing him for dragging her (and some other people by the way) down. Just what the hell was that? Even Kris did not know.

He shook his head and went to the bathroom, feeling his legs being stable again.

As soon as he opened the doors he jumped in his spot.

“, sorry”

“No problem” Himchan muttered while standing in the front of the mirror and observing something inside his wide opened mouth.

Kris’ eyebrow perked.

“Just what the hell are you doing?”

“Trying to get my memories about one certain situation together…Too bad they’re not here”

This time Kris just rolled his eyes. Himchan was still standing still, his profile slightly frowning.

“Nevermind” the taller boy sighed “Could you, um, get out? I need to take a piss. Immediately”

“Then take a piss, Jesus. I won’t be looking. Besides we’re not the only people in this bathroom now”

With that, still not looking away from the mirror, he pointed at the other side of the area.

The blonde furrowed his eyebrows and stretched his neck, seeing Jiyong, Kiko and Kyung sleeping, probably still drunk, inside the bathtub.

“Are they even alive?”

“Obviously but they went crazy yesterday” Himchan, still facing the mirror, shrugged his shoulders ”I’m not sure what Kyung took but he was chasing ing rabbits for the whole night”

Kris’ eyebrow perked again as he heard something strange in the way he was speaking. Since when Himchan has a lisp? He used the toilet and decided to ignore the other boy and the sleeping trio completely.

When he was done and preparing to leave he heard Himchan’s groan.

“I can’t ing believe it!”

“Can you finally tell me what happened?” Kris crossed his arms “You’re staring at yourself for the past minute non-stop and I’m not even sure how long you’ve been standing here”

“This ing happened!”

And then he finally turned his head and that was the moment when Kris widened his eyes but soon after that he burst into laughter.

There was standing Kim Himchan – with a missing upper central incisor.

“What. The. Hell” he cried “Kim Himchan! What happened to your tooth?! What is it? Hangover 4: Seoul?!”

“Very ing funny!” the guitarist yelled in frustration and came back to the mirror “Like I know! I don’t remember the half of the night”

“Oh really?” Kris winged his eyebrows “So you don’t remember making out with Hyoyeon?”

“What?!” Himchan suddenly squealed “You’re joking…”

Kris shook his head in response as the view of suddenly pale Himchan was a true pleasure for his eyes. And his missing tooth was making it even better.

“Nope. Ask Yukwon. I’m pretty positive he was taking pictures”

“Holy …” Himchan covered his face with his hands “I’d rather have no teeth at all!”

The smirk suddenly grew on Kris’ face as he turned around to leave. When he stepped inside the salon again he saw only Yongguk sleeping on the couch. Chaerin was gone.

The he heard some noises coming from the kitchen so he went there straight away. As expected, he saw her getting through kitchen cabinets.

“Morning” he faintly said, making her stop in her actions.

“Good morning” she turned around “Hangover?”

“Still drunk. You?”

“Is it possible to be both?” Chaerin smiled softly and they both laughed weakly “I’m looking for coffee but it seems like Jongin has none”

“Yeah, about Jongin…” Kris sat down “I know he’s participating in the illegal boxing matches”

“Well, yeah” Chaerin reacted like nothing happened “I know what you’re thinking but don’t worry, he’s fine and we’re looking after him. Still too bad he was stupid enough to break Zico’s arm. If he didn’t then it wouldn’t have happened”

“It’s not like he knew” he pushed.

“Karma?” Chaerin raised her eyebrow before closing the last drawer “Really no coffee”

Kris rolled his eyes. She was a true master when it was coming to ‘change the subject’ game.

“And you’re ok with that? I thought you guys quitted this whole mess”

Chaerin finally stopped, her head dropping a little. She took a seat on the other side of the table.

“You know it’s nothing serious” her voice became really firm “We’re doing nothing but watching”

“I know” Kris nodded “It’s just I’m worried. You became involved in too many things…Illegal boxing, Nan-“

“Hi guys, good morning!”

Chaerin and Kris practically jumped on their chairs before seeing Chanyeol entering the kitchen. He was eating a hot dog while heading another one to Kris.

“I decided to go out and buy a breakfast when you were sleeping” Chanyeol grinned upon seeing Kris’ widened eyes and then looked at Chaerin “I’d get you one too if I knew you’ll be up”

“No worries” Chaerin waved her hand in response “Should we go now? I’m heading to Dara’s by a taxi and I can give you a ride somewhere”

“I guess so…But I just spent my last money” Chanyeol pouted and stared questionably at Kris. He just shook his head signaling he did not have any as well.

“Yeah, we all have the same problem” Chaerin said “Where’s Jiyong? Dara told me he has some cash inside his jacket no matter what”

“Bathtub” Kris pointed at the bathroom doors and then looked up to see their confused expressions “Yeah, I know, don’t ask”

“Cool, I’ll get it” Chanyeol wiped his mouth “Inside pocket?” he lastly asked before looking at Chaerin. She only nodded and then moved her eyes to Kris, seeing that Chanyeol was gone. He was already gazing at her.

“He’s a good kid” he stated “He should know and we need to tell him”

“I know” she sighed and crossed her arms, knowing well that the time to reveal the true story behind Nana’s departure was coming fast “Monday”

“Monday” Kris nodded and right after that they both heard Chanyeol’s loud laughter coming from the bathroom.

“What the hell Kim Himchan? Where’s your ing tooth?!”

“Shut up Yoda!” Himchan hissed in response “No, don’t you dare! Take it away from me!”

“No way ” suddenly Chanyeol was back in the kitchen, with a big grin on his face and a phone in his hand “This is so going to be uploaded on Instagram!” then he showed the picture of Himchan in his current state “What the caption should be? #toothfairy?”

Chaerin laughed loud enough to wake up the other present guests and Kris only face-palmed.

Yes, he needed vacation…But the hot dog in his hand was good for a start.

 

 

 

MONDAY

 

 

 

The weather forecast this morning stated it should start snowing and this time Sehun really believed it. He looked up to see heavy clouds coming from the west, their color matching with the smoke from his cigarette.

He found it cheesy as it seemed like the sun decided to disappear completely since Dara stopped coming to the roof for their usual morning talk.

No, it was not cheesy – it was simply ironic.

And no, he was not expecting her to come. With that thought he was enjoying his quiet, lonely time at the roof again. It is been a long time, huh?

Suddenly he heard the doors opening behind him. His eyes widened a little but still he was sure it was not Dara.

And he was not wrong.

He did not turn his head but he felt someone leaning on the railing next to him. The person lit up a cigarette.

Sehun did not need to look down as he already knew who that was. His charisma was truly overwhelming, he had to agree.

“So” his tone was somehow amused “You’re the dude who fell in love with my sister?”

Sehun sighed as he was sure, still without looking, that Kwon Jiyong was smirking.

“I’m sure Luhan is the dude” he rolled his eyes and came back to his cigarette “And besides what you’re going to do? Throw me behind the barrier? Or tell me to stay away from her?”

“As for the barrier - nah, not today. As for Dara – I’m her brother, not her nanny. She’s a big girl and she doesn’t need me to deal with her stuff” Jiyong waved his hand nonchalantly, like he was really stating a fact. He was looking at the boulevard, his profile visible and sharp “But how is it?”

Sehun blinked his eyes right before raising his eyebrow and finally looking down at the smaller blonde.

“How is what?”

“Falling in love” Jiyong quickly explained while shrugging his shoulders, like he was asking the most obvious question ever. Sehun grimaced.

Jiyong’s tone was rather unusual. He did not know him well, actually they were never introduced to each other formally, but he knew Jiyong was always quiet – due to hangover or loud – due to his troublesome personality. But now he sounded like he was simply curious.

He was not cynical or angry and far from being judgmental as well. What was that?

“Dunno” Sehun answered “It’s hard to explain…But why are you asking me that?”

“Dunno” Jiyong perfectly mimicked Sehun and his voice “When I want to know something I simply ask. And you look like a person who’s experiencing this for the first time so I wonder how is it”

And now it was Sehun’s turn to become curious.

“Why? Something is bothering you?”

“No, why?” Jiyong frowned a little and Sehun tried his best to fight a smirk growing on his face.

“Liar”

“What did you say?”

“Nothing, all cool”

“Cool”

“Your name’s Jiyong, right?”

“Yep, and you’re Sehun?”

“Yeah”

“Cool”

“Cool”

Two boys looked at the view before them, enjoying the rest of their cigarettes in some strange but peaceful silence.

 

 

 

LATER

 

 

 

Chaerin could say that the weekend was quite awesome (minus the hangover she had for almost the half of Saturday) even though there were two big things that managed to occupy her mind completely.

Firstly she decided, together with Kris, to finally tell Chanyeol the truth about Nana. Actually she was looking forward to do it despite the consequences it will surely leave, but she was ready to face them. The only thing she truly regretted was the fact she was waiting so long to do it – but then maybe she just had to grow up to finally make such a decision?

Kris was right after all – she was involved in too many things and it was the time to clean up the mess. The weekend somehow proved her that she was not alone and it gave her a lot of strength.

She spent Saturday on dealing with hangover together with Dara, Jiyong, Luhan and Yongguk. They were smoking joints, watching movies, eating lots of junkfood and enjoying Jiyong’s lame jokes he was throwing at them almost constantly that day. Chaerin simply loved those precious moments with the people who were important to her.

But then something gave her a lot of hope – Luhan confessed that the things between him and Oh Sehun are probably fine. Dara almost burst into tears of happiness, Yongguk and Jiyong made some toast and Chaerin just sat still, listening to the whole story and thinking that maybe every mistake and bad situation can be fixed.

But the case of Nana was not the only think that was bothering her. Another one was Byun Baekhyun, namely.

As much as she wanted to she could not deny that something strange happened between them (or rather with her) when they collapsed during the race on Friday night. Chaerin was not able to name that situation or the feelings she was having but one thing was sure – it was odd. And bothersome.

But then again maybe Dara was right when Chaerin shared the story with her. She told her to not think about it because there was nothing to think about yet, simply.

No, Dara was absolutely right. Chaerin could not take it all seriously when they all were partying and practically drowning in wine, beer, vodka, whatever.

Baekhyun came to her life rather unexpectedly, what made him something new and fresh as she was always practically closed in the same group of people. Hence it was obvious that she might feel something. But what was that? She could not discover. And that was bothersome.

With that she sighed deeply and crossed her arms, deciding to put it somewhere in the back of her mind. She had more important things to deal with now anyway.

Her head suddenly perked when she heard principal Kim’s office doors opening. She saw Kyungsoo, Taeyeon and Yongguk stepping out of the room.

“So?” she asked “What is it? Why did he call you?”

“Just a chat about what we should do after fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter