The post-drama syndrome

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk experienced many ‘post-drama syndrome’ situations before but that particular one was simply a mess. For the first time in his life he was not sure where he should focus his annoyed stare.

 

The options he had were – the BTS group slowly leaving Jongin’s place,

Minzy looking with disbelief at Jongin,

Jongin looking like he saw a ghost,

Luhan looking at Dara with the beaten puppy face and Dara trying to calm him down,

Kris looking like he was about to explode,

Chanyeol looking around everyone with pure confusion,

Himchan making everything worse with his panic looks and moves and Yukwon hissing at him to ‘shut the up’.

The only plus he was seeing in that moment was drunk Baekhyun who was grinning widely and telling everyone to ‘calm the down’. 

Yongguk only sighed and gazed at Chaerin who managed to stay cool.

 

Why, just why this town was small enough to gather BTS and them in the same place at the same time?

 

“Where’s Jiyong?” he finally asked while looking at Yukwon. The blonde only pointed at the other room with his thumb so Yongguk nodded in response and went there.

As expected, he saw him doing shots together with Kyung.

“Jiyong-ah, we have a problem” Yongguk called, his deep voice getting through the loud music. Jiyong moved his eyes lazily from the glass and his grin dropped immediately upon seeing Yongguk’s serious face.

“Dude?”

“Do you know the group called BTS or Bangtan or some similar ?” Yongguk asked while leaning down to whisper in his ear.

“Well yeah” he shrugged his shoulders “Seunghyun’s newest pets, fresh and dumb. They are dancers but they also have this kid, Jimin, who fights. I heard he’s strong”

“I thought so” Yongguk sighed “They were here just seconds ago and almost got in the fight with Jongin”

Suddenly Jiyong sobered.

“What?!”

“Yeah” Yongguk scoffed “They are Minji-sshi’s friends if you’re interested why they were here. It doesn’t look good”

“” he stood up from the table, ignoring Kyung’s protests “Are they far?”

“No, they left seconds ag-“

But before Yongguk could finish he saw Jiyong running to the exit, presumably to catch the group somewhere outside.

“Just awesome…” Yongguk rolled his eyes, not really believing the order of events he was experiencing at this housewarming.

And then he lost his hope completely when he saw Kris in front of him.

His eyes rolled automatically this time.

“And what do you want?”

“Are you guys still playing this dumb illegal boxing ?” Kris crossed his arms “I thought it’s only Zico involved”

“And it’s only him” Yongguk frowned and wanted to leave but Kris stopped him by standing on his way “Dude, you’re pissing me off”

“Like I care” Kris snickered “Stay inside this with Zico but don’t get anyone in. Jongin is fighting, right?”

Yongguk was truly taken aback. He never underestimating Kris’ intelligence but he never saw that coming.

“And what made you think that?”

“One of the odd dancers referred to him as Kai and I remember the fighters need to have codenames. Also he’s always beaten up…Quite strange for a pro fighter” 

Yongguk could not fight it - Kris had a point, or actually few good ones.

He remembered when Kris told him he wants to separate from the group and pointed out the illegal boxing as one of the reasons.

He actually was not surprised now that the taller boy linked everything.

“He broke Zico’s arm” Yongguk finally confessed “So he’s only taking his place for some time” then his stare became more relaxed “Kris, I know we’re not good but please, keep it a secret. Don’t act like you know”

“I won’t” Kris nodded “But you need to try harder with keeping the secret…I bet the situations like with those dancing s will happen more often”

“Don’t worry” Yongguk assured, his voice serious “We’ll be fine”

“I’m worried actually” Kris narrowed his eyes “You’re stepping on a thin ice and you’re dragging others with you. Especially her”

“Well, cool” Yongguk smirked in response “Thank you for your useful advice but fortunately, this is not your business”

With that he passed by him and went back to Chaerin, mentally high-fiving himself for staying calm and not punching Kris straight in the face. Because yes, he really wanted to.

 

 

 

MEANTIME

 

 

 

“Jongin-ah, what the hell was that?” Minji asked after closing the bedroom doors behind them “Were you trying to get in a fight with my friends?”

“I wouldn’t if they didn’t behave like idiots” he answered in annoyed tone.

Yes, Jongin was glad that Minji was not referring to any connections between him and BTS group he presumably and unknowingly had (he will catch Yongguk to ask him about it later). Now he was only focused on BTS connections with Minji since they managed to get on his nerves quicker than his training partner, Mike, back in LA “I know they’re your friends but they are pricks! One of them called Luhan a girl! I couldn’t just leave that”

“Who, Suga?” Minji rolled her eyes “He was just fooling around, he’s always like that! You’re in good terms with Himchan-sshi so that shouldn’t be new to you!”

“What?” Jongin’s jaw dropped “Wait, are we seriously fighting over them?”

“We’re not” Minji sighed “But they’re my good friends, we dance together from few years now. They’re my partners in the training group outside school” she sat down on the bed “I just wanted you guys to get to know each other. You know, you’re my boyfriend, they’re my friends…But now it’s just, ugh!”

Jongin gulped and wanted to face-palm himself. She was right and he felt like an idiot he was.

Maybe he really reacted too harshly for her sake, but for his own sake – he was glad he did. The group somehow knew he was Kai after all. Maybe they were part of the public during the illegal boxing matches? Or even worse.

But it was not important now.

“Mingkki…” he started while kneeling in front of her and taking her hands in his “I’m sorry, I really am. They are your friends and I should think more before…reacting”

“No, it’s ok” she shook her head “I will deal with them later…But there is something you should know about them too” with that she squeezed his hands firmly “Or rather about Jimin”

Jongin’s eyes widened while recalling the boy with impressive abs and muscular arms. That was not promising.

“The thing with Jimin is that…” Minji scratched the back of her head “I used to date him”

This time Jongin’s jaw dropped.

“What?” he shook his head “Where? When? Why?!”

Minji rolled her eyes playfully upon seeing his childish reaction.

“Summer. It wasn’t anything serious, we just went for few dates” she squeezed his hands again “But we decided we were doing better as friends so we stayed like that…And then you came back” she smiled shyly “But since we’re together and we promised to be honest with each other I thought it’s better to tell you”

Jongin blinked his eyes. He was partly glad because even if BTS had something to do with the illegal boxing they managed to keep her out of it.

But on the other hand he felt incredibly jealous. Finally he decided it was still better.

“Ok” he simply said “Thank you for telling me”

“Of course “she smiled widely “I don’t want to keep anything from you, you know. And I hope you do the same”

Jongin said nothing. Instead he nodded his head slowly, still looking her straight in the eyes.

He was an idiot, he knew that. But there was no way for her to know the truth.

“I’m glad” she grinned again and leaned a little to kiss him. Suddenly Jongin forgot about everything as he climbed on top of her while responding to her actions and pinning her back a little against his bed.

“Jongin-ah” Minji giggled across his lips “What are you doing?”

“Well” he winged his eyebrows “Reminding you a little who your boyfriend is”

She laughed a little but mostly because of the tickling she started to feel as his mouth moved to her neck.

“B-But you have guests…”

“They’ll make it”

“And what if someone will walk on us?”

 Jongin’s head perked up and he grinned mischievously.

“As long as it’s not Bacon we’re fine”

Minji could not help is and she laughed loudly, with Jongin joining her immediately.

“But seriously” soon after that he came back to her neck “I locked the doors”

“Mhm” Minji smiled “That changes everything”

And with that she began to take his t-shirt off.

 

 

 

ALMOST MEANTIME

 

 

 

Yukwon, Himchan, Dara, Luhan, Chaerin and Baekhyun went outside the apartment, searching for the nearest convenience store to buy another dozen of beers.

They decided to go and help themselves with coming back to the party mood as Yongguk and Jiyong calmed them down after the little drama with the BTS, or Bangtan, dancers.

Yukwon and Himchan were arguing where they saw the nearest 7eleven while turning on the GPS in their phones and Chaerin was just rolling her eyes at Baekhyun who was roaring.

“What are you doing?” she asked, trying her best to be serious instead of bursting into laughter “You look and sound like a retard”

“You said it yourself!” he exclaimed before roaring again “I’m Simba!”

Chaerin face-palmed.

Few steps behind them there were Luhan and Dara, walking slowly in silence.

Dara could not help it as she was looking at his profile all the time, the evident worry painted on his face.

“Lu” finally she grabbed his hand and stopped in her spot, making him to do the same “What’s wrong?” she asked after checking if Chaerin and roaring Baekhyun are far enough already “Is it that Suga guy or whatever his name was?”

“No” Luhan shook his head and smiled softly “Nothing’s wrong Dee”

Liar.

The fact that she was far from believing was clearly visible so Luhan sighed deeply and his head dropped.

“Just tell me” she said before cupping his face to make him look at her “Please”

“I just know something is up…” Luhan answered “Something involving basically everyone but me. And my cafeteria’s friends minus Jongin” he took a deep breath “I respect if you don’t want to tell me but I can’t help it as I would like to know”

Dara’s eyes widened.

“Luhan, I’ll tell you everything” she nodded her head “From the very beginning but…But I’m afraid it will change your opinion about us. And me”

He paled.

“You’re not telling me you have another guy or-”

“What?!” Dara raised her hands and laughed a little “No! You’re the one and only!” she quickly assured and felt her heart racing as she saw him smiling – this time sincerely “It’s just we’re all involved in something. And I don’t know how you will react…”

This time her head dropped and she embraced herself with her arms, feeling suddenly awkward, stupid and guilty. How she was supposed to say that?

But she could not keep it from him, he did not deserve that.

And then she felt an arm around her shoulders and a kiss placed on the top of her head. She looked up to see him smiling again.

“If you guys didn’t kill anyone then I’ll be ok” he said and leaned down to kiss her nose “You didn’t, right?”

“Of course we didn’t” she laughed and put her arm around his waist, finally moving from the street and going after Chaerin and Baekhyun.

“Just tell me when you’ll be ready” he spoke again “Ok?”

“Ok” she nodded and then stared at him again “Hey, Lu”

“Hm?”

“I love you”

“Good” he grinned and leaned down to capture her lips with his “Because I love you too”

He was simply unreal and Dara could not contain the happiness she was feeling because of him each time. And just to think about how she almost ruined it was still devastating.

 

“I have an idea!” suddenly Luhan exclaimed and patted his back “Jump on, let’s race Bacon and Chae!”

 

“Oh yes!” Dara clapped her hands and grinned widely “Awesome idea!”

She wrapped her arms around Luhan’s neck and did the same with her legs around his waist. When she was fully seated he ran in almost full speed to catch up with the other two.

“Come on you guys!” Luhan laughed while stopping in front of Chaerin “Let’s race!”

“What?” Chaerin looked at the couple before her eyes and then at frowning Baekhyun, who was still trying to imitate The Lion King’s cast “Where? How?”

“Jump on Bacon and let’s catch Kwonnie and Channie” Dara nodded and winged her eyebrows.

“Very -ha-ha-funny” Chaerin rolled her eyes while pointing at them “Easy for you to say! You weight nothing and Luhan is sober!”

“” both Dara and Luhan grinned what caused Chaerin to fume.

“Hell yeah, let’s race!” suddenly Baekhyun stepped forward “Come on Cat! Let’s kick their asses!”

“Bacon, you’re dru-“

“Come on Cat!”

“But I’m heav-“

“Just a quick reminder that you’ve been on my shoulders, not back, for about one hour at the freaking rock concert”

“Still no. We will fal-“

“Cat!”

“!” the couple repeated and this time Chaerin gritted her teeth.

“Fine!” with that she patted Baekhyun’s shoulder and got on his back “But if something will happen to me” she pointed at Luhan and Dara, eyeing them dangerously “I’ll make sure you will be there to  cover my insurance”

Luhan and Dar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter