The Beauty

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongin-sshi, please have a mercy, you need to get out of the class” Kyungsoo crossed his arms while raising an eyebrow. Jongin only shook his head and stayed in his seat, unmoved.

“No. Freaking. Way” he hissed “Besides Jiyong-sshi told me he will bring me lunch to our classes later”

“He was being sarcastic…” Kyungsoo sighed and moved forward to sit on Jongin and Kris’ desk “You cannot sit here and hide, you know. The possibility that you will bump onto her is smaller than 10% since we and junior year have different lunch schedules”

“I cannot do that, Kyungsoo!” Jongin cried and covered his face with his hands “What have I done?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

“You got hammered and got laid but you don’t remember?”

“Thank you very much, Mr. Sensitive” Jongin’s head perked up and he frowned “I am not even sure…It’s like a blackout, you know”

“That’s why you should speak with her” Kyungsoo crossed his arms again and nodded after his own words. Jongin’s eyes widened.

“Are you nuts?!” he exclaimed “What am I supposed to say?! Hej Minji-ah, we most probably had on Friday night but I DON’T REMEMBER SO PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME?!” with that Jongin hit the desk with his forehead “I’m hopeless”

“I wish you would be more Himchan-ish right now” Kyungsoo shook his head “He’s a player but at least he’s not childishly awkward”

“It’s not the case of being awkward” suddenly Jongin became serious “It’s the case of Gong Minji, my childhood friend for God’s sake! I should have taken her somewhere first or-“

“Oh my God” Kyungsoo interrupted “You like her!”

Jongin only blinked and Kyungsoo chuckled

“That’s why you’re scared!”

“I’m not scared!”

Jongin sighed while Kyungsoo started to laugh as loud as he could.

“You entered this school with a massive bang, let me tell you!”

“Do Kyungsoo!” Jongin shot him a deadly glare “Since when you are such a troll?!”

 

MEANTIME, LADIES ROOM

 

“So, what are your plans later?” Dara asked while fixing her delicate, almost non-existent, eye makeup.

“After lunch I will be participating in the musical auditions…I am one of the judges” Chaerin rolled her eyes, while applying more mascara on her eyelashes. Dara smiled widely and clapped her hands.

“That’s awesome Rinnie!”

“Kinda” Chaerin sighed “I dunno. I am the stylist there so I don’t feel like I’m in the right place as a musical judge, you know”

“You’ll be great” Dara smiled again while eyeing her blonde friend “The musical is not only about singing abilities…I mean they’re all good. You, as the stylist, have some vision. The cast should suit it and you’re the one to decide it”

Chaerin chuckled and looked at the girl beside her.

“You are gold” she said sincerely “Anyone told you that already?”

Dara only rolled her eyes in the playful manner and turned to the mirror again. Suddenly the door flung open as the group of girls stepped inside. Most of them stopped in the front of the mirrors, just beside Dara and Chaerin. One of them, tall brunette, looked at Dara and suddenly her eyes widened.

“Oh my God!” she exclaimed “You are Sandara Park! Luhan’s newest crush!”

With that Dara turned her head to look at the girl and Chaerin frowned slightly.

“What the hell, Yoona?” finally Chaerin asked, while turning to her and crossing her arms.

“Oh, nothing” the girl, Yoona, faced the mirror again “I just think it’s kind of unfortunate. Dara-sshi is such a pretty girl, she can have anyone she wants…Himchan, Sehun, Kris, Woobin…Why Luhan?”

Dara furrowed her eyebrows while deciding to skip the ‘I am still standing here’ comment and got straight to the point.

“And why not?” this time she crossed her arms “What is wrong with him? Do you even know him?”

Yoona stopped playing with her lip gloss and looked down at the smaller girl.

“Honey, I dated him” she said, amusement visible on her face “He’s good-looking so I understand you but he’s also childish…and kind of dumb. Don’t waste your time. I am not saying that to offend you but to warn you”

Dara widened her eyes while Chaerin patiently waited.

She knew that Yoona crossed the line and that the effect of it will be truly entertaining. No, Dara did not say a word about Luhan since she got back in Seoul but it was obvious she liked him too. The only reason why she did not decide to start dating yet was pretty simple – she was still getting to know him.

Finally Dara’s sweet voice filled the ladies room.

“He’s not childish and for sure he’s not dumb. It’s not my problem that you failed to notice that” with that she collected her things back to her bag and looked at Yoona for the last time, her stare challenging “And besides I don’t recall asking for your opinion”

With that she stormed out of the ladies room, leaving Yoona dumbfounded and Chaerin laughing so loud, that it was heard at the corridor.

Step or not, Dara was still Jiyong’s sister.

 

Dara was not sure what pushed her to go to the roof but it is not like she was hungry and needed a lunch break anyway.

On her way there she thought of many things, but mostly about boys. 

She was not stupid and she was fully aware of the beauty her family’s genes gave her.

For her whole life, almost all the time, she was around boys.

She had her step-brother, Jiyong. He was her role model but at the same time a younger brother that she should care for. There was also her step-father, who has always treated her like a princess she was to him. There were also many other guys, from her class, from her brother’s class, from her neighborhood, everywhere, who were giving her a lot of responsiveness.

The thing was that Dara never used it.

She was very cautious and careful about every guy around her, trying as much as she could do be seen as a nice friend and not a potential date. It was not like she was unexperienced – she dated from time to time, but she never threw herself into a relationship when she was not sure about the guy, his intentions and her own feelings.

Her one and only boyfriend, Shou, the guitarist she left back in Tokyo, has proven himself to her and she was more than delighted to give him a chance because he was worth it and because she liked him that much at the same time.

But that was a long time ago and now Luhan seemed to be repeating the history.

Yes, he was pretty clear with his intentions but he also was patient enough to give her a time to check the surroundings - what now she was doing. She already adored him for his realness – Luhan was not playing some role just to get into her mind and, potentially, heart. He was being himself and that made him so likeable to her.

Because, just like Jiyong, Dara has had her own philosophy.

She just wanted to continue to be a good and true to herself person and as simple as it was – it was her priority. That, and her brother and friends’ happiness, was enough for her to continue as a content person she was.

Finally she reached the roof while opening the doors – too violently for her liking, but that girl, Yoona, got on her nerves really badly.

Just after doing that she saw a flash of many colors, very noticeable at the background of the clear, blue sky.

There he was standing.

Sehun, Luhan’s friend, who unexpectedly took her advice and actually colored his hair in every way possible at once. Dara smiled widely upon seeing his usual, expressionless face with a cigarette in his mouth. She truly wanted to speak with him about this awesome, in her eyes, change.

“Hi!” she greeted and he only nodded. She took few steps forward and stood next to him, leaning on the railing and looking down at the school’s boulevard below them.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, his body still unmoved. She just shrugged her shoulders.

“Some girl made me mad…I wanted to catch some fresh air”

“Really?” Sehun raised his thick eyebrow “Catching a fresh air in the place where all smokers are gathered is rather a bad idea”

Dara just rolled her eyes.

Boys.

He spoke again.

“Who made you mad? It’s rather odd…”

“Why it’s odd?” she frowned a little, while turning her face to see his soft profile. He just chuckled before raising the cigarette back to his mouth.

“Is it even possible to make you mad?”

Dara did not comment as her eyes landed on his hair. It looked really good, like colored with crayons. Without thinking much she reached her hand to his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter