The J., act II

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At today’s training Jongin was paired with Jiyong. Trainer Choi seemed to be in a good mood as he did not go hard on them. After one hour of cross-fit they just had to exchange punches and kicks and defense themselves.

“How is everything?” Jongin asked while throwing a punch at Jiyong. He blocked it easily.

“Quite good” he answered and kicked. Jongin blocked it easily “You?”

“Awesome” Jongin smiled and punched again “Got a girlfriend”

“Yeah, I heard” Jiyong blocked him and kicked “Will you introduce her to Choi Seunghyun and the rest?”

“No way!” Jongin exclaimed “That will never happen”

Punch. Block.

“And why is that?” Jiyong raised his eyebrow.

Kick. Block.

“I want her to be out of it, simply. When you’ll find someone important you’ll do the same. Besides wasn’t that supposed to be a secret?”

Punch. Block.

“Dara’s important, that’s enough. A secret, yes, but if she’s close to you then she should know. Sooner or later she’ll start with the questions” Jiyong whined “I’d suggest you to reconsider it. Besides you might need Minji-sshi quite soon”

Kick. Block.

“Are you crazy?” Jongin paled a little but managed to stay focused “And why would I need her there?”

Punch. Block.

“To remind you about important stuff” Jiyong simply answered “Illegal boxing tends to turn its combatants into beasts outside the ring”

Kick. Block.

“You’re nuts” Jongin scoffed “I am a fighter in the ring, never outside”

Punch. Block.

“Yeah, for now. We’ll see in the future”

Kick. Block.

“I know we don’t know each other for a long time” Jongin stated “But I am not an idiot”

Punch. Block.

“You’re not, that’s true” Jiyong nodded, feeling that Jongin’s last hit was somehow solider “But it doesn’t mean you’re mentally strong enough to ignore the feeling of being overpowered”

Kick. Block.

“Just because I won all of the fights and I’ll be most probably winning till the end doesn’t make me feel superior, so calm your ”

Another strong punch. Block.

Jiyong smirked and kicked. Block.

“My are calm. How about yours?”

Jongin gritted his teeth after hearing his words.

Jiyong easily saw the amount of power Jongin put into the punch he was about to throw. With that he simply stepped on a side, letting Jongin hit the wall.

Jongin jumped off the wall, looking at the blonde questionably. He only smirked again.

“ing moron” Jiyong muttered and when Jongin was about to hit him again they heard trainer Choi’s loud voice.

“Change the partners!”

Jongin’s fist stopped just before Jiyong’s smirking face. He blinked his eyes and went to Tao’s side. Jiyong looked after him before turning to face his newest partner. He saw the white-haired guy he remembered from Yukwon’s party. Jonghyun?

“Oh, hello there! Long time no see!” Jiyong grinned widely and Jonghyun only gulped.

 

 

LATER

 

 

Kris hated these rare moments in his life when the curiosity was taking over his rational thinking. Of course, Chanyeol was his friend but that thing was not his business at all.

He sighed and shook his head.

To be honest he got inspired by Chaerin and how determined she was to save the relationship between Ms. Park and Jongdae. Maybe helping was not so burdensome like he always thought?

Because yes, he was just helping.

Just then her entered the boulevard and saw Chaerin typing on her phone.

Speak of the devil.

“Hi” he said.

Chaerin’s head perked up from the screen and she smiled softly.

“Hi Kris, how are you?” she asked “Done with the classes?”

“Yes” Kris nodded “My training starts in 2 hours at the other side of the city. What you’re up to?”

“Oh, not much” she closed her phone and put it in her bag “Heading to Dara’s for girls' evening”

Kris only nodded, eyeing her carefully.

There was something odd about her.

She seemed very distracted and sad? Was it a right word?

“Need a ride?”

Chaerin looked up after hearing Kris’ voice again. He just stood there, waiting for her answer with an expressionless face.

“Would be good” she finally said and they both went to the parking lot.

Chaerin sat in the passenger’s front seat, fasting the seatbelt and not saying a word. She was still unbelievably pissed at Yongguk. The good thing was that she managed to hide from him for the rest of the day. To do that she spent the breaks at the backstage of the school’s auditorium – where the choir was having a rehearsal.

She was casually chatting with Baekhyun, Taeyeon, the rest of the cast and her classmate Key, who was nice enough to go and hide together with her. She came to the point where she was slowly calming down and forgetting about the drama Yongguk caused today at the cafeteria.

The only thing that was bothering her right now was the fact that he was calling and texting her - all the time.

“All is ok?”

Chaerin eyes widened as she heard Kris speaking again.

 

I just fought with Yongguk because of you.

 

“Yeah, all is fine. Why do you ask?” she cleared , trying her best to act like nothing happened. How she wished to have Dara’s acting skills right now.

Kris raised an eyebrow while stopping at the red light.

“Dunno, you’re not like yourself”

But of course Kris knew. It was not surprising though – they tended to be friends.

Chaerin sighed but luckily she heard him speaking again.

“Where Dara lives exactly?” he asked while driving again.

“Just drop me near Cheonggyecheon, east side”

“Great! By the way”

“Where exactly are you going?” Chaerin asked while turning her head to look at him. Kris sat still, tightening his grip on the steering wheel. Should he tell her?

“I’m going to see N-“

He decided against it but he felt Chaerin catching his plans effortlessly. Her eyes widened.

“Should I…” she started, her voice worried “Maybe?”

“No” Kris cut her off “You shouldn’t come with me. It’s not the best idea. At least for now”

Chaerin nodded her head and looked at the road before them.

This day was turning out to be too dramatic for her liking.

First Yongguk, now Nana, what else? At least she will spend the evening with Dara and Minji as she decided already to move the homework for tomorrow or to not do it at all. Additionally Barbara was back in town and Chaerin was truly happy to see her after almost two months. This crazy lady was definitely missed.

It did not change the fact that she became curious. She bite her lip, trying to fight an urge to ask.

Unfortunately she failed miserably.  

“But why are you going to see her?”

Kris shrugged his shoulders in response.

“Just like you went to Ms. Park’s. I’m doing this for a friend”

“Chanyeol?” Chaerin pushed “It doesn’t make sense. He hates her”

“I wish he would”

Chaerin’s eyes widened and Kris felt like biting his tongue.

No, there was no need for her to know that Chanyeol was still wearing the couple-necklace he exchanged with Nana few years ago.

He himself was still impressed by that and he was sure Chaerin would be as well. On the other hand she should know. But maybe not yet.

 

 

LATER

 

 

Kris stood in the front of the building he was recognizing already. He looked up and gulped while reading the big sign above the entrance.

 

Kyungsung Correction Center

 

He sighed and went inside, going straight to the guard behind big, glass station.

“Name?” he asked, eyeing Kris from head to toe.

“Wu Yifan. I have an appointment with Im Jinah at 5pm”

The guard looked at the side, presumably checking something on a computer screen.

“Mr. Wu, please leave all your belongings and proceed to the security control behind the doors”

Kris only nodded and made his way to the heavy, grey gate. After quick check-up and answering few basic questions (“Do you have any dangerous objects with you?” “Yes, a bomb” “Are you joking with me Mr. Wu?”) he was finally taken to the separate room with a desk and two chairs on the sides.

The guard told him to sit and wait - so he did.

Finally the opposite doors of the ones he came from opened, as the female guard came together with a tall, beautiful girl. Kris smiled unknowingly upon seeing her figure. It was somehow unbelievable how she managed to stay almost exactly the same like he remembered her.

Im Jinah, better known as Nana, smiled softly while taking a seat and nodding slowly at the female guard.

“You have 10 minutes” she said while going to the exit and leaving Nana with Kris alone.

Kris immediately looked around her neck, looking for something shiny. Unfortunately, nothing was there. He felt some kind of disappointment, he could not help it.

“How are you, Krease?” Nana grinned and winged her eyebrows.

Some things will never change, no matter what.

Kris smirked.

“Nothing new since we saw each other last time” he answered “How many days you have left?”

“61 to be exact” Nana waved her hand and sighed “Too bad it’s gonna be ing cold when I’ll be out”

“And what you’re gonna do after?” Kris crossed his arms, looking at her questionably.

“Well, I am finished in Korea. My parents are thinking about sending me abroad, that’s basically it” she shrugged her shoulders and looked straight in the camera that was hanging by the ceiling, monitoring the whole conversation “Preferably Amsterdam, so I can smoke whatever and wherever I want!”

With that she stared at Kris again, the dangerous smirk seen on her stunning face.

“Brave” he only nodded “You won’t have any problems because of the outbursts like that one?”

“Why should I have?” she scoffed “They’re used to my behavior and sense of humor already, it’s nothing serious” suddenly she crossed her arms “Why exactly are you here, Krease?”

“Checking how are you” Kris answered “And making sure you’ll do nothing to Chaerin when you’ll be out”

“Is it just me or you got dumber since I last saw you?” Nana frowned “I told you last time and I didn’t change my mind - your little crush is safe, for ’s sake! Stop making me look like a monster! Besides what would I do? I’ll be pretty much monitored 24/7 for the whole year when I’ll be out so calm down”

“It’s still not like you” Kris said, his voice a little raised. Nana’s big eyes widened.

“People change” she softly stated and started to fix her hair, pulling them up in a ponytail. And then Kris saw it.

A little, golden medallion, hanging from the zipper of her uniform.

He quickly spotted the engraved letter on it.

 

C.

 

“You still have it” he whispered while looking up from the pendant at her. Nana paled.

Her jaw moved a little.

“It’s the only thing that keeps me sane here” she finally said, her voice almost broken.

 

People change, huh?

 

 

 

LATER

 

 

“Jiyong-sshi!” Baekhyun cried while running up to him. Jiyong looked up from a cigarette he was smoking, raising his eyebrows at the smaller boy.

“What’s up Bacon?”

“I was thinking” he said and took a small, paper bag from his backpack “Could you give it to Dee? It’s the t-shirt she borrowed me last time when I was at your place”

Jiyong smirked.

“Do I look like DHL service? Give it to her, not me”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. This guy, really.

“Yeah, I was supposed to do it today but I totally forgot” he confessed “I guess I’ll give it to her tomorrow”

“Or you can go with me now and deal with it today” Jiyong winged his eyebrows. Baekhyun wanted to face-palm. It was already 8pm, he was tired because of the rehearsal and additionally his thoughts were torn between the song he was writing and the newest plan of Himchan he heard earlier today. Kim Himchan, the leader of the band that still did not have a name, came up with the idea of second guitarist. Every member, including Baekhyun, agreed on that, knowing well that the quality of the sound will be better and somehow more powerful. His voice was no joke after all.

The main problem was that they did not know any guitarists that could fit. Kyung was only a substitute drummer until Zico’s hand will be fully recovered and sadly, he had no skills when it was coming to play a guitar. Chanyeol knew how to play but there was no way he would agree on that. Being in a band together with Himchan and now also Baekhyun? Never.

“You should come with me, Dee is having few girls around” Jiyong’s voice woke up Baekhyun from his deep thoughts.

“Oh, really?” he asked unknowingly “But what exactly are you doing here?”

Jiyong shrugged his shoulders.

“I stayed longer at the gym and now I’m waiting for-“

“Hey guys! Shall we go already? I still need to buy a bottle of wine for Dara”

Suddenly Baekhyun paled while turning around to see smiling Taeyeon. Then he eyed Jiyong again.

“Who’s there exactly?”

“Oh, Jongin’s girlfriend, some model and Chaerin” Jiyong casually answered. Baekhyun’s eyebrow perked up.

“I’m going with you”

 

Baekhyun, Taeyeon and Jiyong took the subway to the Cheonggyecheon area where the siblings were living. On their way there Baekhyun was talking almost all the time, asking the other two if they know any guitarists. Taeyeon was giving him a lot of proposals, almost reciting the names of people Jiyong heard for the first time in his life. Actually Jiyong knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter