The Beast

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin was lying in Yongguk’s bed, putting her head on his lap. She was busy with getting through another issue of French Vogue when she slammed down the magazine in frustration.

“Don’t tell me you found nothing inspiring in these gazillions of newspapers you managed to bring here” Yongguk raised his eyebrow while pausing his Nintendo DS for a moment.

Chaerin only sighed and covered her face with the European publication.

“I cannot even focus on clothes…I’m mad about the cast” she muttered from under it “I still don’t get it why Baekhyun didn’t make it”

Yongguk smiled widely.

“Lee Chaerin, you talk so much about Byun Baehyun today that I might get jealous”

After hearing that she smacked his arm playfully what caused Yongguk to laugh out loud. She was about to hit him more when they heard Yongguk’s iPhone beeping. He raised an eyebrow and reached for the phone.

“What the hell, it’s almost midnight” he said while unblocking the screen “Himchan”

“Drunk again?” Chaerin snickered while putting her chin on his shoulder.

“He attached something…” Yongguk’s eyebrows furrowed as they looked at the message.

 

Himchan

Dude, check it out! Some sent it over to me and few other people from the unknown number! just got real!

 

Yongguk and Chaerin exchanged the looks and opened the attachment immediately. It was a video file.

 

“What is that?” Chaerin focused her eyes more when the movie started.

“It’s Ms. Park Bom and…” Yongguk scanned the face he was seeing carefully “Is that Kim Jongdae?”

“It’s him” Chaerin answered.

Both of them put their faces closer to the screen when suddenly their eyes widened and jaws dropped.

“Holy !” they exclaimed at the same time, when their teacher, Park Bom, and their schoolmate, Kim Jongdae, started to kiss and undress.

 

NEXT MORNING

 

Yongguk and Chaerin practically jump off the car when they parked it near the main entrance.

The school’s boulevard was unbelievably empty and quiet, even though the day was warm and sunny. There was no one around – no Yukwon and his skateboard, no Chanyeol and his lame jokes, no Luhan smiling at giggling Dara, no Sehun smoking as much as he could before his first class and no trainer Choi yelling at everyone to “move their asses inside”.

As they entered the main building it was obvious why it was so empty outside – everyone was gathered in the main hall.

“Guys!” Yongguk and Chaerin looked around when they heard Himchan. He ran up to them, dragging Yukwon, Jiyong and Dara with him.

“Everyone knows about the video!” he whispered.

“You weren’t the one to send it over right?” Chaerin raised her eyebrow. Himchan only rolled his eyes.

“As much as I would love to - no. I sent it only to you”

“You guys saw it as well?” Yongguk asked while looking at the rest.

“Yeah” Yukwon signed “The unknown number sent it to around 30 people in school and voila…The gossips spread fast”

“No wonder” Jiyong shrugged his shoulders “It’s the bomb”

“But why everyone is here?” Chaerin was still looking around, truly amazed by the fact how many schoolmates she actually has.

“Ms. Park and Jongdae are in the principal’s office…” Yukwon answered and Chaerin’s jaw dropped. Finally the students around her group started to gasp, move and murmur as one, petite redhead figure made her way down the corridor. The crowd divided in two parts, making her the path to go.

It was Park Bom.

Her cheeks were red and puffy, just like her eyes. She was walking too slow for Chaerin’s liking, as she could hear many malicious whispers the student were making already.

That view was truly heartbreaking.

 

“!”

“Studenter!”

“Wanted to feel younger or what?”

 

Park Bom seemed to hear everything and by each word she looked like being stabbed at least.

“You can screw me as well! I wouldn’t mind!” someone yelled and that was the moment when Chaerin lost it – and she could feel her friends did as well. Before she could react her head turned as she heard Dara’s raised voice.

“Shut up!” she screamed, facing the direction from where the last comment came “How can you be so cruel?!”

Dara was fuming with anger but her eyes were teary. In the meantime another figures came out from the crowd and Chaerin could recognize Luhan, Sehun, Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo – Jongdae’s friends - all truly shocked by everything that was going on right now but mostly by Dara’s sudden outburst.

Chaerin stared at them, then back to Dara and finally at Park Bom, who looked absolutely dumbfounded but also kind of thankful.

Chaerin ran up to her and took her hand.

“Ms. Park” she called “Ms. Park, we’ll take you to your car”

“Ah” Park Bom blinked “Thank you, Chaerin-sshi”

Chaerin smiled assuredly and nodded at her friends. Himchan was by their side in one second, helping them to make their way to the exit. Just then another voice from the crowd was heard.

“What’s up with you, Lee Chaerin and Kim Himchan? Is she ing the two of you as well?!”

Himchan stopped and glared at the student who said that – his name was Kwanghee as far as he remembered. Before he or Chaerin could snap back they saw another figure, grabbing Kwanghee by the collar and pushing him against the wall.

It was Yongguk.

“One more word, you tard, I dare you”

With that he let go of the boy, his body falling hard on the floor. Yongguk looked around the crowd and then back to Chaerin and Himchan. The two of them only nodded and went outside, taking Park Bom with them.

In the meantime Luhan ran up to Dara, who was still standing frozen to her spot, taking deep breaths and trying to calm herself down. His friends also gathered around her, Jiyong and Yukwon.

“Dara?” Luhan called while standing in front of her “Dara, are you ok?”

Finally she looked up, while still trying to fight her tears.

“How someone could be that unkind?” she asked “That person ruined Ms. Park and Jongdae!”

Suddenly everyone forgot about the whole accident and took a moment to think about it. Who was bad enough to act so spiteful? 

 

ONE HOUR LATER

 

Jongin was resting down at one of the benches at the boulevard.

“Man, this is ed up” he muttered, while opening his eyes and looking at Kyungsoo, who was sitting next to him.

“You tell me?” Kyungsoo frowned “It’s crazy…I cannot even think about it, it’s too much. Ms. Park and Jongdae? Ms. Park being fired immediately? And Jongdae still sitting at the principal’s? It’s like what, over 1 hour already…”

“Yeah but we had free hour since there is no substitute for Ms. Park yet” Jongin got up to sit “Besides they did nothing wrong…I mean it’s not like Jongdae’s minor”

“True” Kyungsoo raised his forefinger “But still it’s a teacher-student relationship that went too fa- Hey Jongin, look!” suddenly Kyungsoo stopped as he gazed at the main entrance “Isn’t that your little girlfriend?” 

Jongin paled and turned immediately, seeing indeed Gong Minji, together with her two classmates - Zelo and Jongup, exiting the school’s building and heading, probably, to the gym.

He looked at Kyungsoo before standing up.

“She’s not my girlfriend”

“Yet” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and chuckled.

Jongin made his way to her, completely ignoring the fact that she was with two other guys. Yes, Zelo seemed to be super clingy when he’s drunk, but that was not worse than Baekhyun’s typical ‘party-mode’ that Jongin experienced.

He finally decided to speak with Minji about the accident that happened at Yukwon’s party last week. There were many reasons – he partly felt guilty, he did not remember almost anything, and what was the worst, it was still Minji and he really did not want to ruin his friendship with her.

“Hey, Mingkki!” as soon as he called her and she raised her head, her eyes widened. And then she started to run away.

Jongin’s eyes widened as well before he got back on his tracks and ran after her, catching her in the middle of the way to the gym.

“What the hell, Gong Minji?” he asked while catching her arm, as gently as he could “Are you seriously running away from me?”

“Leave me alone!” she hissed.

“Minji, look at me!” with that he caught her both arms to make her face him “I’m sorry!” he finally cried. Minji stopped on her way and looked up, her face unreadable. Jongin stared back at her and gulped while finally letting go of her arms.

“I am truly sorry” he said “For what happened at the Yukwon’s party…I was hammered and-“

“And that shouldn’t happen” she crossed her arms and looked at her shoes “Right?”

Jongin blinked his eyes and was completely taken aback. Was she thinking that he used her?

“What?” his eyebrows furrowed “No!”

He was not sure what made him say that when Minji looked up at him again.

“You don’t…” she blinked her eyes “Regret it?”

“No!” he cried and then face-palmed “…I mean yes! But the only thing I regret is that I’ve been a complete , not to mention a drunk , and that I don’t remember a thing” with that he sighed and looked at her again “Listen, Minji, I am really sorry and I feel uncomfortable but I don’t want to be awkward with you…”

“Jongin, it’s impossible to not be awkward since we had ” she said firmly “And we are not a couple and most probably we will never be one so…”

“Why not?” Jongin’s head perked and Minji’s jaw dropped after hearing his words “Maybe the order of the things between us is different than usual but that doesn’t mean we don’t have a chance…”

“Jongin” Minji interrupted, her voice serious “You never asked me do I want us it in the first place”

Suddenly Jongin froze. His face became paler and his eyes widened. Minji saw that and she took a step backward.

“Don’t get me wrong, it’s just that…” she scratched her nape “You wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter