The dirty little secrets, act II - The family portraits

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And I’ve thought we are supposed to write a new song or something…” Zico said while scanning his bandmates and Luhan with disbelief.

“Chill out man. Better get rid of that cast, you sound like grumpy Jiho on a rehab…Oh yeah, you are” Kyung laughed and came back to rolling a joint.

The band, and Luhan, met in Yukwon’s gigantic house for their typical gathering - minus the actual rehearsal since Baekhyun was sick therefore absent. As expected, especially from Zico’s sober side, they were doing everything they should not.

But how he could blame them?

He would die to have a beer and a joint after long classes, never-ending homework, dealing with s on a daily basis and, in his situation, almost 3 months of needed, medical abstinence.

But he will be back soon - to playing drums, boxing trainings, booze and his old self. Lovely.

“Anyway, I’ve been thinking…” Himchan started while lighting up a cigarette “Maybe we could find a substitute vocalist for Baekhyun when he’s not around? You know, now he’s sick, the musical is in 3 weeks so he’s ing busy anyway…”

“And why?” Yukwon furrowed his eyebrows from behind the glass of cheap rum and coke drink “He’s still coming to the rehearsals and his throat infection is nothing serious…Besides why your in on fire all of the sudden? Do we have an album deadline or what? Our band doesn’t even have a name!”

“I’ve been just thinking, Jesus!” Himchan whined “Don’t get so emotional! I don’t want to replace him!” with that he looked at the only couple in room “Yo, cute s, you two are close with Kim Jongdae right?”

Suddenly the silence filled the whole area.

Dara and Luhan looked at each other with panic, Yukwon’s jaw dropped and even Zico paled. Himchan was just blinking his eyes, not sure what happened to see their unexpected reactions.

“Awkwardddd” Kyung sang and took another solid puff.

“What?” Himchan looked around everyone “What did I say this time?”

“Kim Jongdae?” Luhan repeated like he was lecturing a little child “For Baekhyun’s replacement?”

“Yeah, why?” Himchan shrugged his shoulders “Temporary  and from-time-to-time replacement, when Bacon is out. I don’t know him but he seems chilled. It’s not a bad idea”

“Are you nuts or just fooling around?” Yukwon, again today, furrowed his eyebrows “Do I have to remind you what happened the last time when Jongdae was picked instead of Baekhyun for something?”

“And that this unofficial conflict is happening from few years already?” Dara frowned “Even I know that and I am new in St. John’s”

“Oh come on guys!” Himchan rolled his eyes “I bet Baekhyun is not up for any more video or other ed up incident! People change, right? I’m sure he’s all grown-up and a better person or some now. Besides Kyung does great as temporary drummer so it can work!”

“Kyung doesn’t know what day is today and Baekhyun is forever second to Jongdae” Zico, as much as he could, crossed his arms “It’s not like I give a single but leave the kid alone”

Himchan could only sigh when he saw everyone nodding their heads in agreement.

Agreeing with Zico, that was new.

Suddenly the leader really missed the crazy Zico - without his damn cast, sober state and rational thinking. What a boring idiot.

“Hey! I know what day is today!” Kyung looked at the rest with his red, obviously high eyes and gasped dramatically “It’s 10pm!”

Everyone, even Himchan, face-palmed.

“Ok, cool, Bacon aside” Yukwon waved his hand and looked at Himchan like he wanted to say something between ‘don’t even dare to bring this up’ and ‘you’re nuts’ and turned to Dara “Dee, how come you and Jongdae are close?”

The only girl in the room shrugged her shoulders.

“School project” she answered “Acting has combined lessons with the choir members who are not participating in the musical. We’re supposed to present a scene where the singer sings and the actor portrays the emotions of the song. I got paired with Jongdae-sshi since we both were late to class”

Yukwon nodded his head and came back to arguing with Zico, Kyung and Himchan about another possible band name.

Dara rolled her eyes – she already did not care about that topic and decided to go for anything, even Fart Simpson, Potato Salad or Trainer Choi’s Forehead.

She shook her head and looked up to see Luhan’s profile, his amused stare glued to the other boys.

She smiled upon seeing her boyfriend by her side and buried herself more into his frame. His hand automatically linked around her shoulders, bringing her even closer.

“We finish the beer and we go” Dara whispered and tried her best to not laugh while eyeing her yelling bandmates again.

“Deal” he agreed and took another sip “God, please, just not Potato Salad! Can you imagine? ‘Hi, I’m Luhan and I am the lucky man who’s dating the hot female guitarist from Potato Salad, nice to meet you’ ”

With that he stole the joint that was going around the group from Yukwon, took a puff and leaned down to share a smoke kiss with Dara. She inhaled everything at once, feeling the small shivers going down before she let go.

Luhan grinned mischievously and they both giggled before the familiar voice was heard.

“Ewww” Kyung frowned “Get Yukwon’s room!”

“We are in Yukwon’s room” Luhan and Dara rolled their eyes and gazed at Kyung who definitely tried to get some facts together while looking around in sudden confusion.

Just then Yukwon was back on his feet, grabbing Himchan’s guitar in the meantime.

He quickly connected the instrument with the amplifier.

“Ok my dear nameless band” Yukwon announced “Zico is too sober, Kyung is too high, our love birds are too fluffy and Himchan is as dumb as usual. Time to feel rock and roll, even without Bacon!”

And with that he played some random melodies to what everyone reacted with covering their ears and frowning.

“Jesus, put it down!” Himchan yelled “You don’t know how to play! Just stick to ing bass!”

Yukwon was far away from listening to the leader and kept on playing, much to his bandmates protests. He was grinning widely and looking like having the time of his life, jumping around the area with a guitar and smashing his fingers against the strings freely. It lasted for few moments before the doors to his room opened rapidly with a loud smash.

 

“Kim ing Yukwon! No home rehearsals when others are around!”

 

Suddenly Yukwon stopped and froze to his spot.

 

Everyone else did almost the same while scanning a petite, pretty brunette girl who was now standing in the doorframe with angry expression and crossed arms.

“But weren’t you at your friend’s house?”

“I was supposed to be! Change of plans!”

“And you couldn’t come to announce that?!”

“Why should I? You didn’t notice that you’re not home alone?!”

“I’m barely going to your wing!”

“Good! You shouldn’t anyway!”

“Because you’re adopted anyway!”

“You’re ing adopted, you little ! At least do something useful with this guitar and smash it against your damn head!”

“I will smash it against your head! And how do you speak to your oppa?!”

“Oppa my ! You’re adopted!”

Zico, Himchan, Kyung, Dara and Luhan were looking between two arguing people with dropped jaws and widened eyes. What the hell was going on?

Just then another person came to the view.

This time it was a boy.

He had short hair, intense but evidently tired eyes and full, round cheeks.

 

“What is going on here? What’s the problem? I can her your screams in my wing! Not to mention the damn guitar…I have an exam tomorrow so just shut up”

 

“Her whole existence is a problem!” Yukwon cried and pointed at the brunette girl who only gasped.

“I swear to God, I will shove this guitar up in your as-“

“Stop it you two!” the boy raised his voice a little and that made Yukwon and the girl silent. At least for a second.

“Um, excuse me?” finally Himchan, still more than dumbfounded, raised his hand like he was in a classroom “Can somebody please explain me what is going on here? And who the hell are you?” he asked while pointing at the newest two “What have I missed?”

“I should be the one asking that” the boy crossed his arms and looked at the band and Luhan with slightly raised eyebrow “But I believe you are my brother’s friends so-”

“Your what?!” Himchan, Zico, Kyung, Luhan and Dara cried in disbelief and Yukwon only face-palmed.

“Yeah, guys, this is my older brother, Minseok” Yukwon pointed at the boy who only bowed lightly “And my, unfortunately, younger sister, Hyuna” now the girl smiled brightly, bowed as well and then smirked at Yukwon.

“What?” Luhan blinked his eyes “How come we never knew you had a brother and a sister?!” now he looked at Dara “Did you?”

“Never” Dara shook her head, her eyes never leaving the siblings.

“So you really have a sister…Not to mention a hot one!” suddenly Himchan grinned and winged his eyebrows while making his way to Hyuna “Hi, I’m Himchan. It’s super nice to meet you even though the circumstances are rather-“

“Don’t. Even. Think. About. It” suddenly Yukwon smacked Himchan’s head and gritted his teeth.

“And now you’re playing an older brother, huh?” Hyuna crossed her arms and scanned the crowd. Suddenly she stopped when her eyes landed on Zico “Hey, I know you! You’re Jiro, right?”

“Jiho” he answered “Or rather Zico”

The silence filled the room and everybody began to exchange awkward stares again - besides Hyuna and Zico. They looked very concentrated, like they were trying to get some memory pieces together.

“You had blue hair right?” she asked.

“Well, yeah, during summer and at the very beginning of Sept-“ suddenly his eyes widened and he absolutely paled “Oh !”

Just then Hyuna smiled and winged her eyebrows.

“No, actually there was no ” she teased “But yes, the party was epic”

“Wait, what?” Yukwon frowned and looked questionably at Zico “What the hell I just heard?”

“No dude, no! Nothing happened!” Zico, absolutely panicked, started to wave his hands defensively “We met at the club right before the beginning of the school year and that’s it! We just kissed!”

“You what?!” Yukwon roared and then looked at Hyuna “Is that true?!”

“I don’t really remember, I was super drunk” she put a finger to her chin “I just know I’ve met him and he had blue hair, that’s all…”

The silence filled the room once again before many things happened at once.

Himchan and Kyung began to laugh hysterically, Minseok to roll his eyes, Hyuna to check her nails, Zico to run and Yukwon to go after him and scream something about ‘breaking his other hand’ in the meantime.

Luhan and Dara just stood in one place, not sure what to do and where to focus their puzzled stares. Finally they turned to Yukwon’s unexpected siblings.

“So, um, hi guys” Dara waved her hand “I’m Dara and this is my boyfriend Luhan. We’re Yukwon’s schoolmates and we never, um…”

“Knew about you” Luhan finished “Even though we’ve been at your place many times”

“Understandable” Minseok quickly nodded “We don’t share schools therefore friends so we can turn out to be Yukwon’s dirty little secret. I’m studying psychology at Yonsei and Hyuna is in catholic high school for girls, junior year” suddenly Minseok looked with concern at Hyuna, who was staring at Dara’s face with sparkling eyes “Hey, what’s up?”

Dara paled a little.

“Um, do I have something on my-“

“Oh my God, you’re the prettiest and cutest person I’ve ever seen!” the younger girl squealed and before Dara could do anything else she was closed in a solid bear hug “Can I keep you? I will treat you well I promise! Our house is big, we’ll find you a nice place to stay here!” then she looked at Luhan “And you too! You two together are insanely cute! It’s the cutest when cute people date! I can’t hold my feels!”

Luhan smiled awkwardly and looked at Minseok like he wanted to get some help. The older boy simply sighed.

“Don’t worry. She’s a good kid but sometimes a little weird, especially when meeting new people” he assured “Want a drink?”

“More like a bottle” Luhan answered and then made sure that Dara was not choked to death by Hyuna’s sudden and surprising act of affection.  

“Cool, let’s go downstairs” Hyuna, now definitely calmer, proposed “We will get you some fancy whiskey from our father’s bar…What do you think oppa?”

“Sounds nice” Minseok smiled at Luhan and Dara and pointed at the doors “Shall we?”

“Oh yes” the couple answered and went after the other two, deciding it was still better than arguing about the band’s name or looking at the mess between Yukwon and Zico.

Besides, the Kims seemed to be oddly interesting and the possibility of hearing some embarrassing stories from Yukwon’s childhood sounded like a big plus.

 

 

 

MEANTIME

 

 

 

“I can’t believe I did it!”

Taeyeon’s voice was weak and shaky as she looked down at her wrist in panic. Then she looked up and saw a big, neon sigh.

Don’t worry – get a tattoo.

Later she looked on her right to see grinning Jiyong. Finally she looked on her left, staring at the man with rubber and thin gloves on his hands, still dirty with ink.

“No refunds” he stated and lit up a cigarette nonchalantly. He took the gloves off and went out, leaving her and Jiyong alone.

“I won’t pay for that!” Taeyeon cried when she made sure that he was gone “Not a won!”

“You don’t have to, it’s a gift. Besides Jay is my old buddy, he’s not charging me” Jiyong waved his hand and came back to browsing an album with tattoo designs.

Taeyeon gulped and felt like crying. Why she agreed to that?

She looked at her wrist again and she saw it. And it hit her that she will be seeing that every day, each time when her eyes will - maybe even unintentionally - drift to her hand.

There was a small and black Eifel Tower (already covered with salve and foil) on her wrist now. And it will stay there forever. The area around it was slightly red.

“It-it hurts” she said, her frail voice still present. Jiyong looked up from an album and made his way to the chair where she was still seated.

“No wonder” he took her hand gently, turning it to see the tattoo better “Tattoos are basically wounds at first. Later they’re turning into scabs and finally into scars…but prettier ones” he grinned and looked up “It hurts now? How about before, when Jay was making it?”

Taeyeon blinked her eyes and looked away, silently thanking the owner for making the salon dark enough so her blush was unseen.

To be honest when Jay was inking her hand she could barely feel it – she was too deep in her thoughts. She was thinking mostly about the stuff she managed to do for the whole day and about the boy who basically kidnapped her and made it all possible.

Kwon Jiyong, the enigma, the prince un-charming and the person who was able to make her face completely red whenever he wanted to.

“Hey Chicken, what should I get?”

“Huh?”

Taeyeon shook her head, realizing what he just asked.

“What should I get” Jiyong repeated “I mean a tattoo”

“Umm” she scratched her nape “Why you ask me?”

“Dunno, I have no idea so maybe you can come up with something?”

Taeyeon spent the whole day with Jiyong and she asked why he was having so many tattoos, what exactly they meant and how it all started. He explained he was getting one after every fight he won so she could not argue with that – especially since it suited him.

“I have an idea!” he clapped his hands “You speak French so think about some French phrase or word that portrays me”

“Really? A-Are you sure?” her voice broke a little “I mean, um, yeah…Let me think for a second”

Yes, that was true - Taeyeon knew French and she was dreaming about going to Paris to, preferably, study there.

But her own tattoo, the Eifel Tower, did not exactly mean that.

It was actually Jiyong who proposed that design for her after she shared her little, Parisian wish with him. But he said that the Eifel Tower is not supposed to mean her fascination but her dreams overly.

So just like that she loved the idea and finally agreed.

Taeyeon sighed and began to think about Jiyong’s upcoming tattoo again. Somehow she did not want it to be too obvious, like anyone could understand what that was. Jiyong was far from being obvious and everything about him needed additional and deep research. Still - presenting him in one word? That was impossible.

“How about ‘rebelle’ ? It’s French, right?” Jiyong spoke, waking her up from a little trance again.

“Yeah, but don’t do that” Taeyeon frowned “It’s too…plain”

Jiyong grinned after hearing her answer but said nothing, letting her to go back to her thoughts. Suddenly Jay came back from his cigarette break.

“Ok, Ji, you ready?” he asked “Or do you want some other date?”

“Well” Jiyong looked at concentrated Taeyeon again “I think we could move it to-“

“Coup d’Etat”

“What?” both guys looked at Taeyeon questionably.

“Coup d’Etat” she said again, staring back at Jiyong “Your tattoo. It means-“

“Na-ah, don’t” he grinned, somehow proudly “I trust you”

She blinked her eyes since again today Jiyong made her absolutely speechless. Was he serious? He trusted her that much?

Her cheeks started to burn and became absolutely dry.

“Um, cool” suddenly Jay interrupted while his eyes were running between two students in his studio with slight confusion “Could you please write it down Taeyeon-shhi? And you” he pointed at Jiyong “Pick the font”

They did like Jay told them and then Taeyeon excused herself and went out to the nearest shop. She needed a drink immediately.

On her way down the snowy street she began to think again about today and Jiyong, the boy who came out of nowhere and started a revolution in her mind, nerve system and heart. There was no point in trying to hide it as Taeyeon became very aware of everything that was going on with her because of him.

She liked him. A lot.

And this day only proved it to her.  

When Jiyong kidnapped her and borrowed Yongguk’s car they went to one of his favorite coffee shops to eat something. It happened to be actually a pub where she had a full English breakfast for the first time in her life.

And she liked it.

Later, because of the season and the fact that they both left their coats in school, Jiyong took her to some hipster trift shop in Hongdae so they could quickly get a new outerwear. He proposed that they should find two most bizarre jackets and buy them, daring her to wear it for the whole day. Of course she agreed, but later wanted to call it off when she found a long, colorful faux fur that looked like made of Oh Sehun’s hair. Luckily he went for a similar thing - with a difference it was shorter and made out of woolen and pink knots that looked like unkempt dreadlocks. They left the store with big grins and loud laughter escaping their mouths while making a lot of pictures in the meantime.

And she liked it.

Then Jiyong took her to the cinema specialized in very specific, oldschool horror movies, class C at least. Taeyeon absolutely hated horrors but he assured it will be fun. At first she tried to protest but changed her mind when she saw the foreword – zombie-beavers attacking teenage camp? And again Jiyong was right as the film was hilarious and far from scary. They were laughing, eating popcorn  and stealing glances at each other from time to time.

And she liked it.

Later they met with Dong Youngbae, Jiyong’s childhood and best friend and Kwon Yuri, his long-time girlfriend. They all met in their place for a dinner and even though Taeyeon felt kind of awkward at first, the thick atmosphere was quickly gone and replaced with never ending laughter. Youngbae and Yuri were one year older than Jiyong and Taeyeon and they were already trying to live their student, crazy, humble but lovely life. Youngbae dropped the university in attempt to teach hip-hop in dancing school while Yuri was a bartender. They both were incredibly open-minded, well-mannered and nice. Also, it was impressive how supportive and madly in love with each other they were. Taeyeon thought for a second about how they lived and asked herself would she be able to do the same. She quickly decided that yes, she could. In the meantime she was secretively observing Jiyong, mentally slapping herself for thinking that she could do it together with him. But was it really wrong to think about him like that? No, it was not.

And she liked it.

Finally they ended up in Jay’s tattoo studio where Jiyong was supposed to meet Yongguk and give his keys and car back. Yongguk was getting his arm inked and even though he was slightly pissed at Jiyong, he understood everything and reminded that next time he should simply ask, without breaking the locker. Also he did not look very surprised when he saw Jiyong and Taeyeon together in a tattoo studio, dressed in strange jackets - like that was the most normal thing to happen. Additionally he said that Chaerin was out to eat and that Kim Jongin went missing. When his arm was done he bowed his goodbyes, took the keys, flashed his typical gummy smile and went out, probably going to pick up his girlfriend wherever she was.

And again today Taeyeon began to think about relationships - how they are created, how they survive and how they function. Youngbae and Yuri plus Yongguk and Chaerin were the best examples she could think of. Oh, not to forget Dara and Luhan. Maybe having the right person was the magical key to success in that field?

Yes, she definitely liked it.

“Miss? Excuse me miss, is that all? It’s 1000 won”

Taeyeon shook her head while looking at the clerk in pure confusion. Great, she was so concentrated on thinking about her day with Jiyong that she totally forgot about the water she wanted to buy.

She smiled awkwardly, paid and left, not really minding the queue she unintentionally created.

When she was back in the studio Jiyong was already sitting and getting his tattoo done. He chose his left forearm.

The letters were not big and the font was not complicated therefore the whole process should take him 20 minutes. Taeyeon quickly decided to spend this time on calling her parents and making them sure she was alright and soon to be back.

Unfortunately she lied to them, telling that she had additional and unexpected vocal courses after school. She felt bad about this but what she could do?

“Hey Chicken, you ready?”

Taeyeon jumped in her spot when she saw Jiyong’s grinning face right in front of her.

Blush.

“Y-Yeah”

“Cool” his grin was replaced with sincere smile “Let’s go home”

She nodded and stood up, somehow regretting that this day was coming to an end. Quietly she hoped that Jiyong will come up with another crazy idea and once again kidnap her.

Unfortunately, he seemed to be determined to get her home as soon as possible. The day was great but surely long.

The two left the salon, zipping their colorful jackets tightly and promising Jay a bottle of gin in return for his ink, time and patience.

They took the way down the street, going straight to the subway station in complete silence. Well, maybe not exactly as Jiyong took out his iPod and gave one earphone to Taeyeon.

For the whole way back they were listening to his tunes and surprisingly, she enjoyed them. As expected Jiyong’s taste in music was compatible with his fashion sense but still, it was good.

Taeyeon personally knew one of the songs and quietly, she was muttering the lyrics. But what shocked her the most for the fact that Jiyong was doing the same thing. She could not help as she smiled while seeing this picture.

The song was Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds’ ‘If I had a Gun’.

 

If I had a gun,
I'd shoot a hole into the sun,
and love would burn this city down for you.

 

Strangely accurate.

Finally they reached the destined station and went out, going directly to their neighborhood. They stopped in the front of 7eleven store that was located in the same building where Taeyeon lived.

“Crazy day, huh?” she asked, giving the earphone back.

“I hope you won’t say again that I’m no fun” Jiyong grinned in response and they both laughed.

“You know I never said that, you misunderstood me”

“I know, I know…But still, it was fun” Jiyong never stopped laughing but suddenly he calmed down and looked at Taeyeon with some strange oddness “I’ve been thinking…I know your parents are worried and stuff but the evening is still young, so maybe…Maybe…”

“Maybe what?”

“Maybe we can grab a drink?” he finally asked, his trademark confidence back “Only one and then we’re back”

“I guess one drink won’t do any har-” all of a sudden Taeyeon realized what was going on.

Again Jiyong grinned and took a step forward, being exactly before her and then lowering his head – slowly as his eyes never left hers.

Was he going to kiss her?

Taeyeon felt like her heart stopped and she started to blink rapidly, trying to face the surprising turn of events. And before she could do anything else he stopped.

“Your move” he whispered practically across her lips.

At first she felt like being hit on the head by something heavy but she quickly understood that he was not challenging her. He was asking for permission.

Taeyeon had two options, because the fact that she wanted to kiss him (or to be kissed by him) was obvious. She could either grab his collar and bring him closer or to tip on her toes. Finally she decided for the second option since yes, Kim Taeyeon was a romantic after all.

She did it and began to move her head a little, slowly closing her eyes and the gap between them.

 

And just when she could almost feel his lips they heard his phone ringing.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes opened as she jumped from Jiyong and he only groaned in frustration.

“I saw this exact scene in many movies” she, kind of confused, stated “So, um, yeah…Awkward”

“I feel like we’re in some story and the author is a damn troll that needs to be high-fived” Jiyong rolled his eyes “In the face. With a chair”

Taeyeon laughed a little and then pointed with her chin at his pocket.

“You should pick-up”

“Yeah, I should…” he muttered, knowing well that she was right.

Normally he would ignore it but unfortunately his phone was playing the ringtone he saved for one exact number. He took the iPhone out and looked at the screen.

Choi Seunghyun.

“Excuse me for a second” he smiled at Taeyeon and took few steps back, answering the call finally “Hello hyung? It’d better be important…”

“Hello? Jiyong-ah? Are you busy?”

Jiyong paled.

“Rat?!” he screamed in response, hearing Seungri – Seunghyun’s right hand man, on the other side of the line “Are you ing kidding me?! Where is hyung?”

“Yah, what did you call me, you ungrateful brat?!” Seungri scoffed “Hyung is busy. He went to US today to buy some painting and he left one of his phones here. He’ll be back soon” he quickly explained “Nevermind, are you busy?”

“Yes, I am rather busy” Jiyong gritted his teeth, stealing a secretive glance at Taeyeon “What is it?”

“So you’re busy or not?” Seungri, with his typical randomness, continued “Ok, this new kid, Kai, is training for the whole day today and I want to go home and close the arena. Could you come, speak to him and take him away? He’s not listening to me”

Jiyong sighed and quietly counted to 10, trying to keep as calm as possible. His day was so great and it will end so terribly. Way to go!

But at least they found Jongin.

“Yeah, I’ll be there. Give me 20 minutes” he answered and ended the call, not caring to hear Seungri’s voice again.

He ran back to Taeyeon, who smiled softly upon seeing him getting closer.

“I need to go” Jiyong quickly stated “So I’m afraid we need to move our drink for other day”

“Oh, ok” Taeyeon scratched her nape as her voice became regretful “I guess it’s fine…The drinks are not here but we have tattoos and strange, furry jackets, so it’s ok”

Jiyong smiled and nodded before bowing to her and going to the other side of the street, his pink jacket clearly visible.

Taeyeon frowned, observing his back that was getting smaller and smaller. That’s it?

Maybe she should do something? They almost kissed, they wanted to kiss, what happened? Maybe she could just run to him and finally do it? She heard from Dara that once she had exactly the same situation with Luhan and it worked. But one other thing invaded her mind rapidly.

“Hey, Jiyong!” she called, making him stop and turn to her “What was that?”

“What was what?” he played back, while grinning, crossing his arms and winging his eyebrows. God, she hated that expression.

“That” she continued “I mean, this day, this everything…Kidnapping me, meeting your friends, tattoos…Everything. What was that?” now she gulped “What for?”

Taeyeon actually knew, or rather predicted, what that was but she wanted to hear the official confirmation from him. She just needed it.

She bravely confessed to herself that she liked Jiyong, so now she just needed to know that he felt the same way.

And then he became serious, his grin disappearing.

“I wanted to show you me” Jiyong, with unbelievable confidence in his voice, said “The real me…Or rather just me”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she nodded slowly.

“Ok, but why?”

Now Jiyong’s grin was back and he turned away again, only his profile still visible for her sight.

“You exactly know why” he took the way out “I showed you the surroundings, it’s your move now”

She grinned to herself as she watched him go, before heading home and looking at her tattooed wrist.

 

Jiyong : Taeyeon - ∞ : ∞

 

 

 

MEANTIME

 

 

 

Chaerin did not like the way her evening was taking.

“Bacon, I don’t think it’s the best idea…”

“Come on Cat!” Baekhyun whined and looked at the gate in front of them “We took 3 different lines to get here, you can’t change your mind now!”

“I never asked you to come with me!”

“And then you wouldn’t do it!”

Chaerin just sighed and crossed her arms, looking away and knowing well that Baekhyun had a point. They were standing in front of Chanyeol’s house somewhere in the, possibly, suburbs. His house was rather normal, with nice – currently covered in snow – backyard and two garages. Also, no lights were on.

“Bacon, no one’s home…”

“Please, I spent here more time than in my own apartment” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and rang the intercom. After few long signals the female voice was heard.

“Hello?”

“Yura-sshi? Hi, it’s-“

“Bacon! Hello!” the girl laughed after recognizing him and opened the gate “Please come in!”

With that Baekhyun smirked at Chaerin and crossed the entrance, signaling her to follow his steps. And she did because it is not like she had better things to do – at least not here.

The next 30 minutes were the most awkward ones in Chaerin’s life.

Yura, Chanyeol’s older sister and St. John’s graduate, was apparently oblivious to the fact that her brother and Baekhyun were not in the best terms now, and Baekhyun himself took the best advantage of it. They both were joking, giggling and gossiping about school, university, ‘The Beauty and the Beast’ and Yura’s new boyfriend while Chaerin was just sitting there, sipping her tea and being uncomfortable as hell.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter