The New Kid

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jongin was more than excited to be back in Seoul, his hometown. After being away for 3 whole years, when he sacrificed himself for boxing, he was truly delighted.

He was about to start his final year here, at St. John’s International High School of Seoul - the school where every student could focus on the activities he or she was good at.

Jongin was the martial arts prodigy after all and the junior champion - for more than two years in a row.

It was his trainer’s idea to send him here so later he could focus on his career as an adult at its fullest.

The idea was quite simple – Jongin was supposed to have a very personalized schedule, focused on physical activities. And this was the only place possible as they had the martial arts group. 

 

Now he was here, standing in the front of the classroom 50B. He looked at his watch – 8:05am.

And in that moment the doors flung open as the tall, attractive redhead stood there. She smiled gently.

“Oh! Jongin-sshi! You are here just in time! I was about to go to the principal’s office to get you!” she stepped from the entrance making a place for him.

He entered the classroom and suddenly he felt around 20 pair of eyes glued to him. It’s not like that was unexpected.

“Ok, class!” the redhead exclaimed “From this new year we have a new student. This is Kim Jongin”

She smiled again and Jongin just bowed, still feeling the eyes on him. Finally the rest of the class stood up and bowed as well.

“Hello everyone, my name is Kim Jongin. It’s nice to meet you” he bowed again and looked at the redhead. The smile never left her face.

“Great!” she clapped her hands “My name is Park Bom and I am your literature teacher. Please sit down with…”she looked at the class again and narrowed her eyes “Hmm, you’re tall so I guess it will be the best if you could sit at the end. I hope you don’t mind... Kris-sshi, please stand up!”.

 

With that the tall, blonde, good-looking guy, who was sitting at the very end of the classroom stood up. He put the hands in his pants' pockets casually. He was frowning slightly but somehow Jongin felt it was just the way his face was. He didn’t look mad nor interested he just…was.

Jongin looked at Park Bom again, smiled, bowed lightly and made his way to the seat. The tall guy, Kris, waited for him before he sat down again.

 

“Hi, I’m Jongin” the new student smiled and Kris only nodded his head.

“Yeah, I know. I’m Yifan but call me Kris, as you know already” with that he looked back at the board where Ms. Park was already writing something.

Jongin raised his eyebrow and was about to get the notepad from his bag when he heard another voice.

 

“Don’t mind him. He’s the Ice King here”

 

He looked up and saw the guy in the chair before him. His body was turned from the board and his face was smiling widely.

“Someone asked you, Bacon?” Kris muttered, his stare fixed and cold. The other guy just rolled his eyes.

“I am sorry, your majesty” then he looked at Jongin again “I’m Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you”.

Jongin smiled and nodded lightly when Baekhyun spoke again.

“You look familiar…aren’t you some actor or a model?”

“Leave him alone, Baek” said the black-haired boy who was sitting with him.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes again.

“Jeez guys, it’s the first day! Nothing is going to happen so please, stop ting bricks”.

With that the black-haired guy turned as well, eyeing Jongin.

“Just ignore him, he’s an attention-seeker” he nodded after his own words “I’m Do Kyungsoo, nice to meet you Jongin-sshi”.

Jongin smiled and nodded again, while Baekhyun just leaned on his hand, his whole body still turned to Jongin and Kris’ table.

“But seriously Kyungsoo, just look at him! He looks familiar!”

“Mr. Byun!” suddenly Park Bom’s voice filled the whole class and Baekhyun nearly fell from his chair. He organized himself immediately and looked at the teacher, her pretty face almost in the color of her hair.

“I’m sorry” Baekhyun dropped his head and the whole class, minus Kris, laughed.

“Sorry not sorry! I’m giving you 2 additional pages of your annual work!” Park Bom stated and began to write something down in her notes. Baekhyun paled.

“B-But Ms. Park!” he whined.

“No buts!” she cut him off “Remember class, you need to provide me your annual work’s topics by the end of this week!”

With that Baekhyun hit the table with his forehead, loudly.

 

3 LESSONS LATER

 

“Finally!” exclaimed Baekhyun while kicking the doors open “Lunch time! I’m SO starving!”

Jongin and Kyungsoo went after him, exchanging looks in the way.

“I told you” said Kyungsoo and Jongin couldn’t help but smile.

So far his day was good and it seems like he will be sharing basic classes with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo every day until the lunch break. Later each student had different, personalized schedule, based on the course they decided to take. Jongin spoke a little with Kris and it seems like they have physical education together in the same wing of the school’s impressive building.

The school had different specialities - Kris was taking basketball and Jongin martial arts. The other possibilities were soccer, volleyball, handball and gymnastics. He was truly happy because it seems like the whole Korean potential Olympic representation was in this school because of the great and developed sports’ program.

 

“Hey guys I forgot to ask…What specialities are you taking?” Jongin asked, when they finally took one of the bigger tables in the school’s cafeteria.

“Oh” Kyungsoo’s head perked “I am taking advanced classes and Baek is in the musical classes, the choir speciality”

“But I am the main vocalist!” the said boy exclaimed and Jongin just chuckled.

“Yeah, but still Jongdae is the lead” the new voice was heard as Jongin looked up and saw three guys taking the seats around him.

“Thanks Yeol, my bestfriend” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and took one of the coffees that the boys brought with them.

Boy 1, the one who said something about vocals to Baekhyun, was incre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter