Romantic in My Heart

I'm the one for you

It was morning but you never saw SHINee because they had their schedules and so did SM B2UTIUES.

Today was the recording for MNET Countdown and you were performing your hit song but you don’t know how you can even perform today. Getting ready you were rushed but eventually on stage with a forced smile and a panadol you got through the performance but you could tell it was one of the worst performances in the history of performances.  After the performance you are going to have an interview with the hosts and today’s special host was Joongki many of the girls thought he was cute and you heard rumours that he looks like Onew’s twin which made you interested a little.

As the leader of the group you were expected to talk a lot because of your image you had to smile brightly like nothing was wrong as you wondered if Onew is doing the same. Joongki was very polite and he smiled at you a lot many of the girls told you he was interested in you but you paid no attention  until after the interview when your smile left he came and sat beside you.

‘Annyeong, I could tell you were upset I saw your first interview your smile is really bright and happy I just wish  I could have been able to see that today… You should smile more no matter what the situation....’

He left without another word leaving you to ponder his words. You don’t know why but what he said put you at ease not an ‘OMO he talked to me or OMO he said my smile was nice’ but more of he is right you should smile with that a natural smile came to your lips. Sitting on the lounge as the other girls lusted around trying to flirt with other idols.  Nina came and sat beside you resting her sleepy head on your shoulder, she the television and on live television popped up B2st boys.

It was a variety program that they were filming ‘Idol Maid’ and Dongwoon was at the back his eye was still bruised from the fight with Onew. The maid’s noticed quiet Dongwoon and asked him about what happened when the other members quickly in changing the subject. You saw Dongwoon pull his phone out as the same time your phone buzzed:

‘I heard about you & Onew… I’m sorry I know it’s my fault and I know if you need to talk I’m here for you… like I told you I’m always waiting for you… . We should meet up soon.’

You showed Nina the message and she didn’t know what to say either. You asked her what to reply to him and she turned off your phone telling you not to do anything. Instead she pulled you off the couch and took you outside. You drove back to the dorm with her and she took you to the roof. Sliding something out of her pocket she placed it in the palm of your hand, it was the ring that you threw.

‘…After you fell asleep me & Minho went into the room and saw the ring… I know you still have feelings for Onew but you also have feelings for Dongwoon. All I’m telling you are that you should choose. Choose one & cut off all ties with the other and your life would be easier. Just choose and I will support your decision either way…’ 

She left you on the roof to think about your decision and you decided sliding the ring back on your finger you walked down to SHINee’s dorm room asking Taemin where Onew is he told you Onew was in the room…

The door was open a slit so you could see inside your hand clasped the doorknob as you saw his body on the bed you remembered the time you woke him up and the time you slept in his arms bringing back good memories until his voice interrupted your thoughts. 

‘…Lisa be quiet yes I know okay I will see you soon. Okay yes I will not wear the ring. Bye’

You couldn’t believe what you were hearing Onew & Lisa… You looked back inside to see Onew staring out the window as he took off his ring and placed it beside the same photo of the both of you that you have in your own room. He picked up the photograph and sighed placing it in his draw.

He turned around so you went back into your own dorm room. This time you didn’t cry or shout but instead you sat on the bed thinking maybe this is for the best. Onew with Lisa and you can go be with Dongwoon maybe its fate. As you took your own ring off placing the ring in the draw along with the photograph. Pulling out your phone you dialled Dongwoon’s number…

(A MONTH LATER… )

It was Music Bank and your song has become a hit song you are competing against the girl group Secret. Dongwoon has come to support you as he slid his arms around your waist you still felt uneasy every time he did but you suppressed those feelings. You were about to go on stage for the announcement this is the first time your group has ever been in the running making everyone nervous. You went on stage but before you did Dongwoon kissed your lips his lips were warm but not as soft as… him shaking your head to erase the memories that were flowing back you told yourself he is with Lisa now and he is happy… At least he is happy.

On stage you were excited and couldn’t keep a smile off your face beside you Nina was like high or something she practically was bouncing off the walls.  Everyone was tense as the countdown began all of SM B2UTIES were biting their nails. In the distance you saw him… He was watching you he dyed his hair red and he was dressed with a hat he looked really good with his newly dyed hair the only time you have seen him was  that night. He doesn’t know you are dating Dongwoon but you know he is dating Lisa. He caught your eyes on him and he looked away sighing you looked back at the countdown.

5, 4,3,2,1 Congratulations SM B2UTIES.

Nina hugged you as she rushed off to hug everyone else you bowed to Secret and the other sunbaes before starting your encore. You quickly looked back to where he was standing and he had a small smile before rushing away. You went backstage where you saw Nina & Minho in a kiss you didn’t want to disturb so you went up to the roof where it helps you relax. Wearing your costume in the cold air wasn’t a good idea, you shivered and as you did a jacket was placed over your shoulders. You noticed it was the same one Onew was wearing you turned around to face him… but it wasn’t him it was Dongwoon but for some reason the jacket made you feel close to Onew…

‘Hey sweetie you did well, I’m so proud of you my girl. My girl SHINed so bright out there.’

He kissed your cheeks and pulled you into him as you watched the stars together you couldn’t help but wonder what would have happened if it was Onew…

After parting with Dongwoon you realised that you were still wearing his jacket but he left already. You went inside but before you did you wanted to go back up to the roof. Climbing the stairs you were really aching from the performances and just wanted to sleep but wanted to go upstairs too with all your strength you eventually made it to the roof. It was freezing outside so you put your hands in your pocket but something was inside the pocket, it was a receipt that told you the jacket was property of SME… you realised that this was Onew’s jacket and you weren’t mistaken turning around to head to SHINee’s dorm something caught your eye in the vent was a notebook.

You pulled the notebook out of the vent and it had Winnie-the-pooh on the front cover and straight away you knew it was his… Inside the book was Onew’s writing that always made you smile because of his cute writing. The book contained song lyrics;

I make the same promise that I would erase you but I can’t do it, i can’t live I can’t live. My love pain.

Why is a day without you so hard I can’t live I can’t live my love pain. You fill my room with your scent. I want you to know how you make me unable to do anything I hold back my tears.  I believed I could find another love like yours again. Now you’re not here I can’t go on. All these old pictures make it seem like I’m your only love. I go back and remember you asleep in my arms.

For so long I didn’t realise that you were my everything so why is it now I can’t seem to find you anymore. I’m afraid one day I will find you with another guy that’s not me. Still I have romantic in my heart… I want to be your man I promise with my heart I won’t ever hurt you again.

You closed the book and held it close to your chest as you sat on the chair looking up at the stars you fell asleep not wanting to let go of the lyrics.