The letter

I'm the one for you

Morning finally came and you turned around to see Onew had his arms around your waist holding on tight. Looking around you are in SHINee’s dorm room on Onew’s bed. You like the way you fall asleep at night and by morning you are in a warm bed next to him. Remembering last night after he kissed you, he pulled you to inside SME so you can be warm and the last thing you remember is sitting on the lounge watching Music Core.

He woke up and sat beside you linking his fingers with you instead of holding your waist. You leaned into his chest and he laid his head on top of yours. Until you remembered Dongwoon you asked Onew to call Junhyung again while you went to check on Dongwoon. Inside the room everything was neat; the blankets were folded besides the pillows. Your eye caught something on the table it was a letter addressed to you from Dongwoon you heard Onew approaching and shoved the letter into your back pocket.  He came up behind you and placed his arms around you while placing his head on your shoulder.

‘I guess he is sorry so he left himself, I called Junhyung and he told me Dongwoon came home at 5.30am, he looked like he walked the whole way there! Anyways lets go get dressed and go out for breakfast.’

Minho & Nina decided to tag along for breakfast this morning. The both of you were slowly getting dressed when you remembered the letter in your pocket, Nina went to the bathroom to curl her hair as she did you quickly placed the letter in your diary before also running to the bathroom. As usual you were dressed pretty causal Black Jeans with a simple tee Nina went for a cutesy look with skirt and piggy tales. The boys of course were dressed like they were on the cover of a magazine once again.

Walking hand in hand with Onew felt nice but you felt uneasy about Dongwoon’s letter, you don’t know why you have the need to hide the letter from everyone even your best friend. You sat at the booth as Onew & Minho went to go order the food you & Nina were left at the table.

‘OMO you guys are finally a couple! Minho told me about Onew’s planning and on the airplane trip back Onew made everyone take a vow not to spill the beans! He had been planning how to give you the ring for months and it was entirely his idea!’ Nina told you with a bright smile.

‘YAA!! You guys slept in my bed that is not cool!!’  

‘Oh right… about that well we were kinda distracted last night… Minho was so sweet he had An entire dinner and everything he cooked and okay some of the food was a little burnt but it was really cute he was nervous and he was stuttering… sorry I’ll make it up to you my Best friend!!’

‘Yeah you better!’ You told her as you poked her in the stomach as the guys came back Onew placed his arm around you and linked your fingers with his. As you ate you started to feel guiltier about the letter resting in the dorms.

After eating everyone wanted to go out and do something but you really wanted to go home so you told Onew to go out, hang out with s and you convinced him to go but before he did he grabbed you pulling you into a kiss that only made you feel like hell on the inside because you were going home to read Dongwoon’s letter.

Finally you arrived at the dorms luckily you didn’t run into anyone. Sitting on the bed with the letter in your hands you wondered what was inside it might just be nothing… maybe a thankyou note but that seems unlikely knowing your luck. Taking a deep breath in, you unfold the letter and inside Dongwoon wrote:

`To Alicia,

Thanks for taking care of me when I was upset yesterday. I know I was drunk and because of that I may have said some things that I didn’t mean so it’s best if you ignore everything I said. Tell Onew I’m really sorry about everything I did…You & Onew are probably a couple now but I want you to know that I do have feelings for you and if Onew ever hurt you or you need someone to talk to just know I’m there okay..

Just know I will always wait for you. Saranghae<3

Dongwoon…’

Just as you finished the letter your phone buzzed you opened the phone and received a text message from Dongwoon:

‘Did you read my letter? I hope you know I meant everything I said... hope to see you soon’

You clasped the phone against your chest trying to think of what to reply in this situation when everyone came home. You heard Onew’s voice and immediately shoved the letter under your mattress before he slid his arms around your waist.

‘Did you have fun by yourself? I missed you’

Onew told you as he kissed your neck that made you shiver inside you turned around to face him and tell him about the letter but as you looked into his eyes you couldn’t bring yourself to tell him what Dongwoon wrote.

‘I missed you too’ as you kissed him back before sighing into his chest thinking about what you must do later. You ran into the bathroom when no one was looking pulling out your mobile you enter in Dongwoon’s number and took a breath in.

‘Dongwoon I read your letter I know… but you know I’m with Onew now and absolutely nothing can happen with us I hope you understand. I hope we can be friends…’

As you sent the text you felt much lighter and now that the situation has been dealt with you can finally relax. Someone knocked hard on the bathroom door as you answered you heard Nina and Onew’s voice. You made out a few sentences:

Nina saying; ‘Maybe it’s nothing; it’s just a letter….’

‘…Yes but why would she hide something like this from me?’ You heard distress in Onew’s voice like he was about to cry and that made you feel uneasy.