Jealousy, Fights and I hate you's

Birthday Gift

In the Shinee’s apartment…

“Good morning everyone!” Minho cried out as he entered the apartment. Jonghyun and Key turned to face him. Onew got up from the couch and approached him. “Where were you for the entire night?” the leader asked him. Minho rubbed behind his neck and answered indifferently, “With Hani, she was sick when I went to see her. Therefore I stayed back to look over her…” Onew sighed and said, “well at least inform us next time. We were so worried and your phone was not reachable.” Minho nodded and went to the kitchen counter and took an apple to eat. He felt that the atmosphere was tough between Key and Jonghyun. Key was also flashing angry glances at Minho. Minho did not understand why until Jonghyun and key’s discussion restarted.

“ you Jjongie! Minho can stay out all night without telling anyone and you don’t say anything to him. Yet I have come only 30 minutes after you went to bed and you did not get to see me before you slept you dare to shout at me?” Key cried out.

Jonghyun looked at him in disbelieve. “How can he even make this comparison? He is so different from Minho… “Jonghyun thought. “Well, I don’t care about Minho. But if something happened to you what would I have done? Don’t you know how much I ….” Jonghyun stopped himself at that part. ”what was I going to say?” he thought ashamed of himself.

“How much you what Jjongie? “ Key shouted at him. “Huh, I meant to say how much we care about you. We are in an unknown island. Though it might look like a paradise we should be careful. If something happened to you what would we do?” Jonghyun said calming himself. Key stared at him. ”How can he have such double standard thinking? It is okay for Minho to stay out all night but I can’t even come out 30 minutes late.” Key thought. He sighed. He was exasperated with Jonghyun’s attitude. He grabbed him by the collar and pulled him closer and spoke harshly, “Listen to me you double standard bastard, I was just 30 minutes late. I can’t do anything if you are such a chicken to go to bed so early. If you were really worried I believe you would have waited for me before you go to bed right? So don’t give me all these and you better apologize to me by tonight else you are not getting any dinner all of you! I hate you Jonghyun!” “YAH! KEY! Don’t insult the chicken at least. Why should we all be punished? You were planning on preparing chicken for tonight right?” Onew spoke up. “Well, leader, get Jonghyun to ask for forgiveness and you will get your chicken.” Key said before shutting himself in his room.

Onew shook his head. He liked chicken for sure but the emergency was his team. He could not let such a fight cause harm to the unity of the Shinee.  He knew the only one who could talk to key right now was Taemin. He looked around but did not saw him. “Where is he? H e was just near the TV some time back… did he had to leave right now? He could have at least informed me.” Seeing no alternative, he went to Minho and said, “Why don’t you try to talk to Key? He might listen to you.” Minho raised his brow and shrugged, “Why should I do so? Jonghyun said clearly he doesn’t care about me, so it can also be that Key also doesn’t… it actually seems that with Jonghyun’s attitude Key might be hating me right? I will be in my room I don’t want to talk to anyone right now…” Minho left for his room and locked himself.

Onew hurried to Jonghyun who had let himself sank in the couch. “Don’t you dare tell me to go and apologize to him Onew! I’m just worried about him…” Jonghyun said trying to stop a tear from falling from the corner of his eyes. Onew sighed and told him, “If you don’t tell him the real reason why you are so worried about him, he wont’ understand. Therefore you can’t blame him. The more you will imprison him the more he will try to run away from you, the angrier he will be at you, the more he will hate you…” Silence crept between them as they watched some stupid drama on TV

Meanwhile Taemin had reached the written address. He could not believe his hyungs was fighting like this. He held only one person responsible for all this. He looked down at the small piece of paper. He was finally there. He knocked on the door. Hani opened it. Her eyes grew twice their size when she saw Taemin standing there. Taemin was the last person she had expected to see there. She moved away to let him inside. Taemin got in and settle on the couch. Hani sat opposite to him. “You know I have always hated you since that day don’t you?” Taemin started. The scenes of that day started flashing in front of Hani’s eyes. That comment of hers that day had cost her their friendship. When she had joined the Shinee as their mixer Taemin was the most enthusiastic. Maybe because they were almost of the same age but then one comment destroyed their friendship- “Key cannot be your umma if he get s a girlfriend…it’s his girlfriend who will be like your umma won’t she? Also you can’t always tick to Key. Once he get married I don’t think you will still be his baby right? Maybe he will take you only as a younger brother. Anyway it is what I think is logical.”

Taemin stared at Hani. He knew she was also thinking about that comment right now. After that comment the two had never had a peaceful conversation. Taemin hated her and now he hated her even more. He spoke, “you know what, Hani? I hate you even more now. Because of you my hyungs are fighting! Because of you Jonghyun and Key are fighting like dogs. Because of you Minho is hurt. Why can’t you just stay away from our group? Can’t you get yourself another life? I hate you! I will always hate you!” He had tears in his eyes. He hurried to the front door where he turned and screamed “IHATE YOU!” before running away. Hani stayed shocked on her couch. She did not understand what happened between Key and Jonghyun or why they were fighting. She also did not understand how she had hurt Minho. She sighed. She decided it would be best to ask Onew about it. Yet if there had been a fight it was better to let it cool off first. Minam might also know what had happened between key and Jonghyun she would ask her but later on for Minam was in class right now.

Taemin drove to a lake. He stood by the water and stared distantly. “Key Umma I hate to see you cry… it is all because of Hani. I don’t know how but it is because of her!” Taemin thought angrily. His anger turned into tears. He cried for some minutes and when he was finally calmed down he went to his car and drove home. He did not want to witness any fight and knew that the atmosphere would be tensed but that was his haven. He was nothing without his hyungs. That was the main reason why he was afraid that they would disband if this fight intensified.