The devil is an Angel :)

Birthday Gift

A/N: Please don’t get confuse this happened on the same day when Minam and Key went to the amusement park. Sorry I’m not that good with time.

Hani woke up. She had a back ache that was hurting extremely. She looked around and realized that she had slept on the kitchen counter itself. Her bowl of unfinished ice cream was beside her. She sighed as she put it in the sink. She had not been sleeping nor eating much for the last two weeks. She had preferred indulging in decorating the house, placing her things in the shelves and cupboards and cleaning than sleeping. As it is it was difficult for her to sleep. There were two reasons why she wanted to keep herself as busier as she could: to get her mind off what happened with her parents and for not breaking down in tears.  It was not that she did not cry. She cried while search sleep every night. Since she was tired of crying she decided to work all day and night. Therefore there was not much to be done actually now. For the past three days she had cut all contact from the outer world. “This could be worst Hani so get your lazy off and go get a bath then start to work. You still have the spices and other utensils to put in the kitchen.” Hani thought to herself getting up to go to the bathroom.

After a cold shower, she returned to the kitchen and started sorting out the spices and placing them on the shelves. Her head was probing. Yet she did not want to talk to anyone or think about it. Therefore she continued to work on. The doorbell rang and she rushed to the door. It was the postman. He gave her a letter from a new job that she applied for. She had decided to take a part time job to help to pay the bills. It was the only good news that she received within these 15days. She got accepted for the waitress job and she could start next week. Hani sighed and went on with placing the utensils in the cupboards. She felt extremely hot and a bit dizzy. Yet she was stubborn, so she ignored it and continued to work.  She took a stool and climbed on it to place a baking tray on a higher shelf of a cupboard. Suddenly everything turned black around her and she fell down from the stool, bringing with her several cooking utensils. Hani tried to get up but she was just too weak and her mobile was in the living room. She just lied there hoping that someone will come. She hoped that maybe after sleeping a bit she would be able to get up. She closed her eyes…and whispered softly: “Minho…”

Minho felt like someone was calling him. He got up from his bed and looked around. There was no one in his room. It was still 8.50 a.m. “we are on vacation so it does not matter even if I wake up a t nine right?” Minho muttered to himself. He lied back in his bed but could not find sleep. Therefore he got up and went to the kitchen where Onew was. He poured himself a cup of cold beetroot juice. He looked at his glass and sighed. “ I hope she is alright…” he thought furrowing his brows but then shook his head and went on thinking, “ whether she is fine or not is none of my concern. She should not have made the deal if she cannot handle it. But is it really okay for me to steal her sleep for three consecutive nights?” He took a sip of his juice when Jonghyun entered the kitchen and brought him back from his thoughts. H laughed along with the others as his mind processed what he had just heard. “So Key and Minam are going out this mean Hani will be by herself today. I can go and see her then…” Minho thought, smirking inwardly.

It was 10 O’clock when Minho reached Hani’s house. He climbed in from the usual bedroom window. Hani had left it opened for him to have an easy access in. in this way no one will notice his arrival and departure. He looked around the bedroom but saw no one. Then he remembered that since Hani had moved in she had still not slept in the bed. Most of the time she was downstairs on the couch watch TV or simply cleaning and decorating the house. He smiled as he thought, “the only times she had been in this bed is when I bring her in it.” He went quietly down the stairs. No one was in the living room. So he approached the kitchen and looked behind the counter.

“HANI! What? What happened? Hey wake up Han!” Minho cried out as he held Hani in his arms. She was boiling hot. “ she is sick. I need to get the doctor here.”Minho grumbled. He quickly took Hani to her bedroom and tucked her in bed. He took out his mobile and called the doctor. The latter said he would be there in fifteen minutes. Minho looked at the weak sleeping girl. He felt so guilty for not letting her sleep for these three days, for not caring enough about her, for not being there for her. He hurried to the kitchen. He placed some ice in a big bowl of water. He did not know where the towels were so he used his handkerchief. He rushed to the bedroom and sat next to Hani. He placed the damp handkerchief on Hani’s forehead. There was absolutely no reaction from the girl. He suddenly heard the door bell rang. He went to open to the doctor and rushed him to the bedroom. While the doctor was checking Hani, Minho remained quiet praying that it was not to serious. The doctor gave an injection to Hani and got up. He packed his things and went with Mino outside the room. “From her condition I can say that she has not been eating well nor sleeping well for the past weeks. She needs complete rest. It seems that all her force has been out. You better be careful and take care of her young man.” the doctor said. Minho paid the doctor and accompanied him to the door. He hurried back to Hani.

Minho continued to apply the compress on Hani’s forehead hoping her fever would reduce very soon. After one hour, he decided that he had not choice but to call Minam. He knew his friend would be angry at him for ruining his first date but he also knew Key would understand the situation. Minho got up to go outside the room to make the call. Suddenly a hand caught his. Minho looked at Hani. The latter smiled and tried to speak. Minho placed a finger on her lips telling her not to speak. Yet Hani insisted and managed to say: “please don’t call Minam. I will be fine. Thank you.” Minho yelled at her: “Damn you! Do you see yourself? There is no way you are fine. If you don’t want me to phone Minam then I’m staying here.” Hani was shocked but happy that someone would be here. Minho put her back to sleep and told her to stay put. He went downstairs to the kitchen. He placed the fallen utensils back in their place. Then he started to make some soup. “she need something to eat or else she will be weaker. me! I should have been more careful with her. Three consecutive nights surely anyone will fall sick.”Minho muttered as he chopped some carrots. He was so distracted by his anger that he cut his finger. He cursed and pulled out a small band aid and placed it on his finger. Then he continued to work on the soup.

Hani stared at the ceiling. “I wonder what he is doing.” She thought. She had he greatest desire to g and see but she did not dare. She knew how Minho was when he was angry. Suddenly the door opened and Minho cam in with a  bowl of soup. He sat on the bed next to Hani. He took a spoon of soup, blew it and placed it in front of Hani’s lips. Hani was confused but she ate it. It was delicious. Hani smiled and blushed. “Thank you for doing this.” She said to Minho. The latter cleared his throat and continued the process in silent for some few minutes before speaking. “Well, this is the least I can do for you. I’m sorry for not being considerate enough.” Minho said fixing the soup. Hani smiled and shuffled his hair. Minho looked up and said protesting: “Yah! Don’t touch my hair!” Hani giggled. She felt already better.

It was already four when Minho had finished cleaning the house. He let himself sink in the couch and stared at the ceiling. “She is still sleeping, I guess…” Minho whispered to himself. After feeding Hani he had stayed to talk to her a bit. He gave her medicines and helped her to sleep. He had stayed by her side watching over her as she slept soundly. Then he had decided to do some cleaning. Suddenly he heard a loud thud coming from the bedroom. He rushed to the room and opened the door. Hani was on her knees, there were pieces of glass shattered on the floor. Hani looked up at Minho with some tears in her eyes. Minho sighed ad helped her up. “Damn you Hani… if you wanted water you could have called me you know?” Minho muttered as he helped Hani to sit on the bed. Eh went to fetch a broom and cleaned the mess. He brought Hani a glass of water. Hani drank it quickly. Minho looked at Hani intensely before asking: “Why did you not call out for me?” “I’m sorry. I did not want to bother you.” Hani said weakly. Minho sighed and kneeled down in front of Hani. He looked at her bruises. He went do the drawer and pulled out a first aid kit. Eh started cleaning the wound. Then he tucked Hani in bed. The latter could not believe her eyes. The devil could actually be an angel. She closed her eyes as she felt Minho’s hand on her cheek. She drifted in sleep.

Hani woke up and looked around. She felt already better and stronger. She looked outside her window it was dark outside. She slowly crept out of bed and down the stairs. She could smell a delicious smell. She did not believe that Minho would have stayed for so long. It was already seven. She peeked inside the kitchen and saw….Minho cooking dinner while humming. He had changed his clothes. Hani guessed he must have gone home then back here. “Can you stop peeping? It is your kitchen so come in please…” Minho said cheerfully.  “I see you are already feeling better, that’s good.” He added. Hani sat down on a chair and watched Minho finished the cooking. He had made somen. He placed the food on the table and they both enjoyed the meal in silence. Hani finished her meal quickly and thanked Minho. “it was delicious. I did not know you could cook so well.”Hani complimented Minho. The latter smiled shyly and only whispered a thank you.

They watched a bit of television. Minho had made it cleared that he would not leave until Hani got in bed and was sleeping. It was nine when Hani accepted to go to bed. Minho accompanied her and pulled the bed sheet over her. Hani wished him good night before closing her eyes. Minho watched her as she fell asleep. What he did not expect was that Hani would hold his hand while dreaming. He tried to pull away but Hani moved in her sleep. Minho did not want to wake her up. He sighed as he got in bed next to Hani. The latter moved turning her back to Minho but still holding onto his one arm. Minho smiled lightly and hugged her from the back and fell asleep.