"Good Morning!" in Minam's style

Birthday Gift

Minam woke up with a smile on her face. She looked at the scarf she was still holding and smiled even more widely. At that moment what Key had told her while drinking their coffee crossed her mind. “Even if you think you are not reaching anywhere in your goal continue to persevere you will surely reach it.””He is right. I can’t give up. I must find out what is going on with Hani. I will go right after breakfast as it is her house is only 30 minutes away.” Minam thought. With that in mind she started her daily routine: bath, prayer and breakfast. She then left for Hani’s house.

While Minam was walking to Hani’s house…

Hani woke up and moved a bit still sleepy. She felt someone next to her. That someone was extremely close to her, pressing himself to her back. She almost panicked. Yet she soon realized that this touch could only be that of Minho. She smiled lightly and turned around. At that moment she realized that Minho was already awake and was watching her while breathing in her hair. She blushed. “You slept well?” Minho asked. Hani nodded. Minho gently started to let her go. He got up and went towards the bathroom saying: “sleep a little more if you want. I will just go and have a shower okay?” Hani nodded without saying anything. She could not believe what had just happened. “Minho stayed over… does that mean he cares for me after all and it had not been just a deal?” Minam thought to herself. She continued lying down telling herself that Minho had just done this for the sake of humanity and nothing more.

30 minutes had already passed since Minho was in the bathroom. Hani knocked on the door. Minho replied: “I’m almost finished. Don’t be so impatient.”  “Hmm well,, I was just knocking to ask if you needed some tidy clothes. There are those you left here last time you came.” Hani said and turned to go back to tidy the bed when the door opened. Minho with only a towel around his waist came out. Hani stared at him with wide eyes. “What the…Can’t you wear some clothes?” Hani stumbled on her words. Minho smirked and answered calmly, “Well I came out to wear the clean clothes you were talking about.” Hani was about to speak again but decided to keep quiet. She turned around walking to the cupboard to get the clothes in question. Minho decided to a bit and followed her steps. Suddenly he….tripped and fell bringing along with him Hani.  “She smells so sweet.” Minho thought as he breathed near her neck.  Hani had her back turned to him.  She tried to turn around but Minho was heavy. The latter got up only to support himself with his elbow and allow Hani to turn around. She did so. She could see the hunger in Minho’s eyes. Minho spoke in a quite shaky voice, “I’m…I can’t wait…” Hani looked at him carefully before nodding and saying, “It’s okay. We can do it now. I’m feeling already better and strong.” She smiled lightly. “So it was all for this and nothing more…” she thought sighing inwardly. Minho came closer and closer to her. He held her in his arms and brought his lips to her ear lobe blowing gently on her neck. His lips touched her neck and….

The door of the bedroom flung open. Minam stayed dumbfounded at what she was. Her friend was pinned down on the floor by Minho who was kissing her neck.”YAAAAH! YOU ERTED MAN!” Minam shouted and threw her hand bag to Minho. The latter was shocked at the sudden entrance. He got the bag directly in the face. He got up instantly but he was not careful enough. His towel came off. Hani shut her eyes so did Minam. But the latter continued to throw the first things that came in her hand towards Minho. Poor Minho…he tried desperately to wrap his towel around his waist once again. He managed to get the towel and ran to the bathroom where he locked him. “What the did just happen there? Me, a ert? What is she talking about? Most importantly what is she doing here?” Minho thought.

Hani caught Minam’s arms and dragged her out of the room. They went in the kitchen where Hani made Minam sat on a stool and gave her a glass of chilled water. Minam gulped in down and looked at Hani questioningly and accusingly. Hani sighed and started to speak but she was cut off by Minam. “What are you doing? What is he doing here?” Minam asked angrily. Hani looked at her intensely and spoke, “It is not what you think it is. We were not…” she was once again cut off. “What were you doing then? What do you think I would think if I see you pin down by a man who was kissing your neck!” asked Minam. “Well, he actually tripped and fell and his lips grazed my neck but at that moment you came in…” said Hani. “Is that true, Hani? I just don’t want you to get hurt. Minho is not that nice… I don’t understand why you support him. Even more than this I don’t understand how you decided to hide the truth and lose your parents. If you had to decide whether tot ell the truth or lose me what would you choose? Would you accept to lose me then?” Minam asked pleadingly. “MINAM! Don’t ever say or even think like this okay? You know very well that you are my best friend, my sister, and that I would never want to lose you for nothing in the world. But please just give me some time I will tell you the truth when the time is right,” Hani said to her.

Minho entered the kitchen. He had fumbled in Hani’s cupboard and got some clean clothes to wear. He noticed that Minam had calm down but was a bit disappointed if not sad. Hani hugged Minam and smiled to her. The latter smiled back. She loved to see her friend smiling like such. Minam noticed Minho at the kitchen door and smirked. “Well, you do have guts to come in the kitchen. There is no teddy bear here that I can throw at you, yet there are knives.” Minam whispered devilishly. “If ever you touched my friend again I won’t hesitate to use them I promise.” She continued. Minho raised a brow and looked at Hani who was giggling. “Yah Minam, don’t say like this. Minho in fact saved my life.” Hani said and started telling her friend what had happened the day before. Minam shook her head helplessly. “You, Pabo!  You should have let him call me. It is not safe for you to stay alone with a ert like him” Minam said pointing to Minho. Hani giggled as she poured some coffee for herself and Minam. Minho just shrugged at the comment. Hani opened the refrigerator and poured out some beetroot juice for Minho. The latter looked at her questioningly but just took the glass and sipped the juice. “So she remembers what I like,” Minho thought.

After his juice, Minho left.  Minam and Hani started talking about what happened to each other the day before. They could not help to think, “it is all like a dream, the one we had when we were younger…” Yet Minam could not help to be suspicious about Minho. He was a puzzle. Unless Hani told her the truth about herself and Minho she did not have any hint about this guy. Since Hani preferred to remain silence, Minam decided to lead an investigation with the help of key. she soon left for her classes leaving Hani to do the cleaning.