Heart break and Hurt

Birthday Gift

Hani stirred up I her sleep. She slowly opened her eyes and found Minho sitting on a chair next to her bed. He had his head bowed on the bed and was sleeping. “I guess even Vampires get tired too…”Hani thought and smiled sadly. Suddenly she heard some murmurs coming from Minho. She listened carefully and finally managed to decipher them. Minho was calling “Taemin” in his sleep. Hani frowned a bit but still extended her hand to touch his hair. Yet she stopped midway realizing all that happened last night. She now understood it better what and why it happened. She cleared twice. Finally Minho woke up startled and looked around. Hani felt weak but she had things to say. She was fed up with Minho and his needs. Minho looked at her with tender eyes and asked gently, “are you okay?” Hani felt irritated at this question. “He did not even bother to ask for my wish last night and now he is behaving like a gentleman...Huh!”Hani thought to herself. “Yes I’m perfectly fine!”Hani snapped. “Hani...I’m so…”Minho started but was cut off my Hani.

“What do you think of yourself? Do you think I’m blind? You do your best to behave normally. You try your best to reject your identity as a vampire only for Taemin. You hide it. You reject it to be loved by Taemin. Yet in the end, I’m the only one paying for it. For once you lose control you just come to me. You don’t care about me, about my feelings. I have to bear your hunger. You only care about Taemin and not me!”Hani muttered through her teeth. She had never felt this kind of despair or rather frustration. She could neither understand what was happening to her. She neither could know where all this strength was coming from. Maybe she was really at the end of her tolerance level. However at the mention of Taemin even Minho snapped.

“Shut up! Okay? Just shut up! YES! I care for Taemin since he is our maknae.” Minho scolded Hani. He got closer to her and menacingly pressed her cheeks hurting her. If anyone saw them, eh or she would think that he was forcing her to kiss him. Yet this was far from reality. Minho let out angrily in a whisper, “you, Minam, you are just my food. Remember our contract? So don’t you complain!” Minho ended his sentence commandingly and left Hani’s cheek. He was about to turn away when Hani closed her eyes and spoke again.

“Well, yeah, how can I forget about that contract? You think I have not come to know what you did. It was you who paid those goons to steal my everything. Then you posed as an angel and offered me that proposal, didn’t you? I kept quiet till now only to fulfill my promise to Minam. Well now that it is fulfilled, I have already submitted my resignation to Hyung. Therefore you neither have nor right over me! I’ m no more you food. So just get lost!” shouted Hani furiously. Minho stared at Hani not able to believe what he had just heard. He finally broke down, “You did what? When?” He caught hold of Hani shoulders and shook her. Yet Hani pushed him away and yelled at him, “JUST GET THE HELL OUT OF HEREYOU DISGUSTING MAN!” Minho was slapped Hani and rushed out of the room. Hani touched her burning cheek and threw angrily a pillow in the direction of the door. Tears fell down her cheeks. “I hate you Minho-shi” Hani muttered in her breath.

Happening simultaneously in Shinee’s apartment.

Taemin felt the sunrays on his face. A soft wind was blowing in his room. the birds were already up chirping. He felt someone’s hand caressing his forehead. That person was lying down beside him and whispered; “Wake up, princess” Taemin rolled over in that person’s arms and mumbled, “Minho…” Key, shocked by this response, stared at the boy in his arms. He cleared his throat. Taemin pouted and slowly opened his eyes. “Umma!”Taemin cried out startled. “I am…” Taemin tried to continue stammering but was cut off by Key who was now standing by the bed. “It’s okay Taeminnie…”Key murmured and caressed his cheek.  Taemin blushed furiously and asked timidly, “where is Minho Hyung?” He desperately anted to see him. Key’s eyes softened. He sighed as he once again sat next to Taemin. He knew how his baby felt about Minho. Yet it was always so hard to understand Minho’s way of behaving. Key did not want Taemin to be hurt because of an unrequited love. He had tried his best to make Taemin change his mind about loving Minho. Yet it was in vain. “He has not returned home since last night…” key told Taemin calmly. Taemin opened his mouth but nothing came out. He was confused. He finally spoke, “Minho as with me on the couch last night. Then he brought me here. I know because I felt him carrying me here. I’m sure of that Umma.” Key nodded and told him that he was right about that. Taemin was even more confused. He could not understand what his Umma was saying. He questioned key, “Then how come you say that he did not return home since last night when he was at home only?” key shook his head and took Taemin’s hand in his. He lowered his gaze to their intertwined fingers. Key did not know how to tell Taemin about Minho spending the night at Hani’s place again. He did not know how Taemin would react to this. He spoke out finally breaking the heavy silence, “After he had put you to bed, Minho went to Hani…he has still not returned.”

Taemin stared at key and simply murmured, “Oh…okay,” He got up and said firmly, “I’m going for a shower.” Taemin tried his best to keep his composure. He steadily walked to the bathroom and closed the door. Eh opened the shower and got under the water with his clothes still on. The water was cold. Taemin threw a punch against the wall and let his tears rolled down. He stood immobile, his head lowered as tears continued rolling down on his skin and mixing with the cold water. “Warm tears fading in the cold water just like me fading in front of Hani in Minho’s heart…Why? Why is he always so gentle to me if it is only to hurt me the most?” Taemin threw several punches one after the other against the floor before kneeling down and crying wholeheartedly.

Key watched the bathroom door long after Taemin went it. He sighed and slowly walked to the kitchen. He stood by the counter and closed his eyes. “Minho, I will commit the perfect crime by murdering you…”Key thought.  He did not notice Jonghyun who came and hugged him from behind.  Jonghyun blew on his neck and started nuzzling him. Key moaned at this. It was only then that Key realized what was happening and came back to reality. Jonghyun gently bit his lobe earning another moan from key. However this time Key quickly put his hands over his mouth. He pushed Jonghyun away but avoided eye contact with him. Key concentrated on the strawberries that he had to cut and scolded Jonghyun at the same time, “What are you doing Hyung? This is just so gay. I’m straight!” Jonghyun did not know whether to be hut or amused. Key was obviously flustered. He also liked it when Jonghyun had touched him like a lover. Jonghyun sighed as he thought, “Ah…my Bummie if you knew how cute you are blushing like this…just like my bride.” Jonghyun shook his head and simply went to sit on a stool opposite to Key. Key placed a plate of egg rolls in front of Jonghyun but kept avoiding any eye contact. There was something wrong with him. He was feeling hot and confused. “Why did I moan? But most importantly why am I so hard? He just kissed my neck. I hope he dose not notice this. Yaaaah Kibum you are not gay! You remember you thought you love Minam? Hyung is man. He is not for you! But do I really love Minam? Or have I only tried to make Hyung jealous and confess his feelings to me?”Key thought as he continued to prepare the breakfast. Jonghyun continued munching his egg rolls silently admiring the pink color on Key’s cheeks.

Taemin came out of his room. He muttered without even looking at key and Jonghyun, “Umma, I’m not hungry. I’m in Minho Hyung’s room. Just let me be alone, please.” Key stood still as he watched Taemin enter Miho’s room. He knew his baby needed some time by himself but h e was worried. He could not see Taemin like this. He was too worried to sit idle. He cut a last strawberry and stared at the knife with bits of red strawberry syrup on it, thinking “I will kill Minho today…”

In Minho’s room, Taemin sat still on Minho’s bed. He hugged his Hyung’s pillow trying to smell him. He put it back and sat quietly fixing this crisped hands on this two knees.

Minho finally arrived to the apartment. Eh was angry, hurt and so furious. He threw the entrance door open and slammed in shut after him making Key jump in the Kitchen. The latter was about to scold him but he immediately retreated. Minho had a murderous look. Key’s blood was freeze. It was only when Minho slammed the door of his bedroom that Key became aware of what happened. He rushed to the door. He had to save his baby but he tripped and fell. Jonghyun immediately ran to him and helped him up. He whispered to the panicked Key, “Leave t to them Bummie…nothing will happened to Minnie.” key looked at him with teary eyes. Jonghyun hugged him tight and carried him to his bed. Kibum continued to cry mumbling, “I have to save my Minnie...” till he felt asleep. The sudden adrenaline rush and strong emotions had tired him. Moreover He had not gotten much sleep last night as they returned late and he sent the whole night talking to Minam.

As Minho slammed the door of him room, Taemin jumped and stood face to face with him. He stared at Minho. The latter softened at the sight of the maknae. he cleared his throat and asked, “What are you doing here? I’m sorry I frightened you. It is just that Hani…” he was instantly cut off by the maknae’s sudden outburst. “You were with her the all night weren’t you?” Taemin asked Minho bitterly. Before Minho could even answer Taemin added, “Why Minho? Why?” Tears were streaming down his cheeks now. Minho tried to hug him but was pushed away by Taemin. Taemin stared at Minho feeling angry at himself, at Minho. He felt dejected. Taemin glared at him before yelling, “Go to hell Choi Minho! You disgust me. Why do you give me hope and break it afterwards? I HATE YOU! I WILL ALWAYS HATE YOU! YOU ARE… YOU ARE A MONSTER!!!” The maknae ran past him colliding with his shoulder but not stopping. He rushed past Jonghyun who was coming out of Key’s room and closed himself in his own room. He was tired of being misled by Minho.

Jonghyun, seeing key’s baby crying like this, felt the urge of punching Minho. He knew that Taemin always looked to him as a father figure. His fatherly emotion was increasing urging him to just kill Choi Minho. By hurting Taemin, Minho had also hurt Key and Jonghyun loved Key. He could not stand still. The door of Minho’s room opened again. Minho came out. Jonghyun gasped. Minho was unrecognizable. He was not the calm or indifferent fellow. He was burning with despair and anger. He was frustrated and carried that creepy murderous look on his face.

Minho was shocked, hurt and furious by both Taemin and Hani. Taemin was the one he loved the most, the one to whom he wanted to give all comforts and happiness. Yet now that Taemin told him he hated him. Minho thought, “Hani! You will pay for this. I will nt let you go off so easily!” he was so frustrated and only one thing could calm him down- the sound and taste of blood. He so wanted to out the blood of someone. Vampire Minho had a power-while the blood out of someone, he also out the happiness and hope of that person. That’s the reason why he chose Hani for this deal. He felt that Hani in no matter which situation was always trying to be happy or at least was always keeping up some hope. This was also the reason why his thirst always increased when eh was angry, desperate or frustrated. He had to out the happiness of the other person and let out his own despair in that person’s body. Minho always believed that if he could not be happy he would not let someone else be so...