SURPRISE

Birthday Gift

“ I’m so late! Minam will kill me. I did not even wish her for her birthday and now I am late for her surprise. I wonder if she will be really mad at me or just happy to see me.” Hani muttered to herself as she tries her best to drive faster. This was not an easy task with the traffic jam present in the capital.

Hani and Minam had been great friends since high school. They were very close and shared all their secrets. Wherever you would see Minam hai will be along. More than friends, they were sisters. Some teachers at that time were even amazed at their closeness. In class if they were seated together, there was no way that they would not laugh like crazy. Maybe that’s what brought them even closer: they were alike and yet different. They were two crazy girls that felt good with each other’s presence. After high school they had decided to always stick together. They tried to maintain the maximum contact though they attended different universities. Yet this did not change their friendship at all. They were still as close. After their university when they came back and met each other, they were still those crazy teenagers unable to control their laughter and erted mind. However two months ago Hani had just disappeared without informing anyone. She had just sent Minam a message saying :

“Wait for me. I love you and take care.

Your best friend

Hani”

She did not even say anything to her own parents. She just packed her clothes and left one night. After that she just disappeared in the air. However much they tried to find her, they could not. All their efforts were in vain. Minam could not believe that Hani would do this. They had promise to never hide anything from each other. The separation grew unbearable with time. Hani did not even wished Minam for her birthday, two days back. One week earlier she had just sent her parents a message telling them that she will be back very soon now that she had finished her job. They were relieved that their daughter was okay but she did not go to meet them that day she arrived. She directly phoned Minam telling her to wait outside her house; she would come to pick her up at 5 p.m sharp for a surprise. Minam was shocked to hear her best friend but she could not demand any explanation so she waited to see her first.

“Hmmm that’s great! She first disappeared without a word. Now she comes back telling me that she has a surprise. She even insisted on me being ready at 5p.m sharp. Yet now it is 6p.m and she s still not hear” thought Minam aloud. At that moment she heard a giggle coming from behind. But before she could turn to see, two arms just wrap around her from the back. “Hani…” thought Minam.

“Telepathy still works between us it seems princess.”  Hani whispered to her. Minam immediately pushed her away to face her. She glared at Hani “What do you think of yourself? You just leave and then come around ordering me? How could you? You know how worried we all were? And you don’t even tell us for what job you went away!” shouted Minam. Hani just stand there saying nothing. She knew Minam would be mad but she hoped that her surprise will cheer her up. “Well enough of shouting at me now hihi let’s go for your surprise okay?  For that I need to blindfold you Minam, so stay put okay?” said Hani casually. Even if Minam was angry, she was happy that her friend was safe and sound and had not forgotten her. For Hani’s part she was glad that she was once more talking to Minam.

Hani blindfolded Minam and guide her to the passenger seat. She sat in the driver’s seat and started driving. For once both were not talking to each other. It was not an awkward silence just a light one. Both were happy to be once again in contact with each other.


Meanwhile in some apartment…

“Yah Taeminnie!  Don’t eat this. It is for the guest.” Key said hitting Taemin’s hand playfully. Taemin pouted cutely and muttered “you are all busy preparing this birthday party. No one cares for me, not even you Key ‘umma’. This is not fair!” they were all busy in that birthday preparation and no one had time for the poor baby Taemin. The latter felt quite left out. Jonghyun was busy putting up some decoration. Onew was dressing up the small able in the middle of the living room. Minho was the only one having a detached attitude. He did not seem to care less about that birthday but he did not want Taemin to be bothering him.  Suddenly Minho got up and walked to Taemin. He shuffled his hair and brought his face closer to his and whispered “hmm you are bored so why don’t you choose: either you help around or you and I can have some fun.” Onew instant interrupted him with a clear throat sound and said authoritatively:” well instead of telling him, why don’t you do some job too? For example you could get the champagne from the cave right?” Minho at once nodded. He knew why Onew was so commanding towards him and so wary. He silently did what he was asked.

Hani and Minam had arrived at their destination. Hani guided Minam to the lift and press the button to go up. They soon arrive at the door.

As Minho settle the bottle on the table and Key put down the home baked cake, the doorbell rang. Onew rushed to the door and open it before hurrying back to his place next to Minho.

“Well are you ready Minam?” whispered Hani to Minam. The latter nodded. Hani untied the blindfold and all the shine member shouted together cheerfully “SAENG-IL CHUKA HAMNIDA!(happy birthday to you)” Minam gasped at the surprise just before….. 

 

 

A/N: it is a bit long i know but ti is just the setting it will be more interesting in the chapters to come. Minam, what will you do if this happen? lol