Five more minutes...

Birthday Gift

Minho Hugged Hani from behind and smiled wickedly at Minam. Minam opened her eyes widely. She did not understand why. She has always admired the Shinee, all the members including Minho. Yet now, Minho was giving away a strange frightening aura. The only thing that crossed her mind was pulling her friend away from him and running far from that man.

“I will be taking Hani for five more minutes if you don’t mind?”Minho whispered blandly. Overcoming the surprise and recognizing the touch and voice of Minho, Hani turned around in his arms to face him. She simply smiled at him lovingly. Minam was confused. Was her friend not afraid of this man? He had that dark aura. How could Hani stand him? How could she not want to run away? Minho smiled to Hani before turning to Minam once again. He extended his hand to her and asked, “Maybe, you want to have some fun with me too…” His voice sent a shiver down Minam’s spine. Hani immediately pulled Minho’s arms back and grabbed him by the collar. She pulled him closer and whispered angrily to him, “It should be with me, only me and no one else. Do you understand?” Minho smirked and pulled her completely out of the elevator and let the doors close . Hani e more time to Minam and mouthed, ”wait for me…” before the doors got closed and the two friends pulled away from each other.

Hani was lost in her thoughts as the lift started to go down. Questions rumbled in her head: was her friend jealous just now? Or was she scared? What is Minho doing with her? Are they dating or something? Why is this Minho not the one I used to admire during the reality shows? The doors opened and Minam walked out still lost in her thoughts and bumped into someone.

The fall brought her back to reality. Minam took the hand that was extended to help her got up. She looked up and realized it was Onew. “How the heck could he get here before me when I did not saw him taking the stairs?” Minam thought. Yet the melting smile of Onew erased all her thoughts and doubts. Onew excused himself and asked to accompany her to Hani’s car. While walking, a conversation started between them.

 

Meanwhile Upstairs…

Minho pushed Hani against the wall and moved closer and closer to her. Hani looked down and muttered quite angrily, “Don’t ever say what you said earlier. It should be only with me and no one else. Respect your promise!” She could feel Minho’s breath on her lips.” Okay, I will do so.” Minho replied in a smirk and leaned near her neck. “What are you doing? We just did it during the party. Have you not enough? I’m tired…”Hani started to whined but was cut off when Minho her neck. She gasped. “Well I will never have enough of you…” Minho whispered against her neck

 

In the Parking…

“So… What do you do in life?” Onew asked in a smile. Minam explained to him that she is working as a primary teacher and following some courses in law and psychology. The leader seemed impressed. Suddenly he noticed that Hani was not there. “Maybe she got caught in some conversations with the others or…”thought Onew. He abruptly stopped walking and turned to Minam. Minam could see that his smile had vanished. A worried expression was now on this normally happy chicken lover’s face. “Where is Hani?” Onew asked, already expecting the answer. Minam looked at him worried and simply answered, “She is with Minho…Why?” Onew’ expression turned into one of despair. He grabbed Minam’s arms and with pleading eyes told her, “Please promise me you will talk to Hani. You will protect her and get her out of what she is doing, please.” Minam could not understand what the leader was talking about but he guessed it was not time for questions. She gently reassured him and promised to look over Hani. Yet deep inside Minam was also worried. She felt something was wrong with her friend.

Onew left after the promise, rushing back upstairs. As he left the lift opened and Hani came out. She walked toward Minam and smiled. Minam could not be fooled. He friend look weaker now. She knew Hani would not speak up now so she simply smiled. Then she walked to the driver’s door and said, “there is a place I want to go so let me drive…” Hani nodded and gave her the keys

 

After a few minutes drive, the two girls arrived at a children playground. It was lighted by the moonlight. They got out and went to sit on the swings. “You remember what we used to say Han? No matter where we are there are three things that will connect us…” Minam started. Hani looked at her and smiled. “Fanfics, our babies that is our idols and the stars…” Hani ended Minam’s sentence. They both smiled and looked at the sky. They stayed like this. They both wanted to speak up, say what’s on their heart, asked each other about their life and what happened during those two months. Yet neither of them spoke. They only contemplated the stars. “I wish I could tell you…” thought Hani. “I wish you would tell me…”thought Minam. The latter spoke up, “Well, when time comes, you will tell me the truth won’t you? So I will be waiting for you.” She smiled warmly. Even if they were both still looking at the sky, they could feel each other smiling. “Should we go home now?” asked Hani.  “Do you really want to go now?” Minam questioned her. Hani turned her gaze to her friend and muttered, “let’s stay…for just five more minutes…”

Meanwhile in Shinee’s apartment, every one of them was already in bed. Yet three of them were not really sleeping.

Key’s pov

I wonder what Minam is doing right now. Will she call me? In films it is at the tie the hero is thinking about the heroine that she usually calls. I guess reality is very much different from film. Yet I wish I could talk to her now. I just wish I could have held her for five more minutes earlier….

Onew’s Pov

Minho, you are just a heartless brat. I am a bad person too for not stopping you. To what extent will you go? I know I must stop you before it goes too far but how should I do it. It is so tough being a leader while having you around…how I wish you would think about what you are doing? Just think about it you idiot even if it is for just five minutes….

Minho’s Pov

Where is Hani right now? Is she okay? What’s wrong with me doing this to her?  A tear rolled down his cheek…  Why don’t she put up a fight and push me away. I am just a monster. I wish I could say sorry to her. I want her to hold me tight just like earlier before she left…even if it is for just five more minutes….