Minam- The Saviour

Birthday Gift

BIRTHDAY GIFT

14. MINAM THE SAVIOUR

Minam stood frozen at the door frame. The scene in front of her eyes would freeze anyone’s blood. Hani’s body was lying near the cupboard. Minho was her neck. Hani had lost almost all consciousness. All that could be heard was the blood flowing out of neck to Minho’s mouth. The latter was feeding himself as if he had been starving.  If that continued it would have killed Hani. She was already suffering as it was. When she had collided against the cupboard her head had hit the door very harshly and blood was coming out. It was actually forming a pool on the floor. Minam shocked only managed to whisper, “No…Stop!” This was enough to attract Minho’s attention to her. He sniffed the air and said evilly, “Well, well, well… Hani, you never told me that your best friend could be much more delicious than you. Her blood smell so good. I just want to pierce her skin with my fangs. I want to feel them sinking into her skin reaching for her vein. I want to taste her so much.” Hani lay lifeless on the floor not responding to him. He sent a kick in her side trying to get her to respond. Minam was petrified but she knew she had to do something but what?

Within the next second Minho was in front of her. He cupped her chin and forced her to look into his eyes. Minho was dreadful. Minam let out a small gasped out of shock and fear. His blood shot eyes were screaming murder. His bloody fangs were only waiting to pierce Minam’s veins. His blood smelling breath made Minam feel nauseous. His hand was harsh and hurting Minam’s jaw. The latter could not say a word. Suddenly Minam felt herself flying across the room and landed on the bed. Minho liked to play with his food before taking it. In her flight Minam had let go of the pan and knife not that they would have helped her against a vampire like Minho. The latter jumped over her and hovered above her face. He brushed a strand of hair out of Minam’s eyes and whispered, “You are not only tasty but also beautiful… join me and we could be a dangerous couple. I can make you immortal and all you had to do is accept to be mine and satisfy me with both your blood and body for you would then be my wife. Join me Minam. Join me!” Minam stared at Minho confusingly. She was confused by the look in his eyes. Was he trying to hypnotize her? Minam opened her eyes widely when she understood this. She narrowed her eyes as she pushed Minho away with all her force and managed to roll out of bed. Yet she landed on the floor. Minho who did not get hurt by the push rolled over also and grabbed Minam’s ankle pulling her back on the bed. Yet Minam would not give up so easily she tried to kick Minho’s hand away. The latter was not leaving her and it was hurting like hell. Minho pulled her which cause her to be flying back on the bed but this time her head hit the back board of the bed. Minho smiled thinking that the shock would make Minam fall unconscious and he would be able to feed on her blood finally. He bent forward and her neck lightly. He could feel the blood flowing under the skin.

Minam opened her eyes. She grinned. Minho was distracted by thinking that she was unconscious. Taking this opportunity Minam hit him in the stomach with her knee. Minho stared unbelievingly at her. He felt hurt for once. He could not understand a normal human being would not be able to hurt him like this. He coughed and looked at his hand. It was covered with blood. Minam smirked and pushed him away and took the composure necessary to fight. Minho smirked also and whispered, ”You are a fighter I like this.” He threw himself at her only to be stopped with a kick in his side but that was not enough to put him K.O. He attacked again this time pinning Minam against the wall and catching . He lifted her as such. Minam was in great pain. She had tears in her eyes and was now having difficulty to breath. Minho whispered coldly, “You will be a lot quieter when you die then I can feed on you…” Minam looked at Hani’s corpse and murmured, “I’m sorry…” just at that moment the latter opened her eyes and looked at Minam mouthing, “don’t let go…” Minam closed her eyes. Suddenly a white light engulf all three of them in the room.

Minam stood still. She was shocked by what she was seeing. She was standing on her two feet feeling a lot better. Minho was lying on the floor like he had been thrown back. He was knocked unconscious. In fact Minam was not sure if he was dead or just unconscious. She rushed to her friend. “Hani… hey my pathetic Hani… Wake up!” Minam mumbled as tears started to run down her cheeks. Hani eyes fluttered and finally opened. She looked at Minam and tears welled up in her eyes. She got up and hugged her friend tightly. “I was so scare Min. I was so scare. What happened? Are you alright?” Hani blurted out in sobs. Minam cradled her closer and tried to calm her down. Minam herself could not understand what had just happened. “Shh baby… everything is fine… I’m okay. What about you? Are you alright?” Minam whispered to Hani while rocking her gently like a baby. The latter nodded and replied, “I’m okay. I don’t feel any pain anymore.” Saying this, Hani touched her head where she expected to find a wound but to her surprise there was none. Her hair was all tangled up because of the blood but there was no wound. She looked at Minam perplexed about what just happened. Minam reached for her cheek and caressed it gently. The cut was all gone. Hani turned to Minho’s corpse and asked with a quivering voice, “I don’t know what happened but thank you so much Minam. I owe you my life…but is he alright?” Minam stared at Minho too and replied, “He is just unconscious don’t worry.” They hugged each other for some time and stayed still.

“Min… we should take him to the bathroom…”Hani murmured softly. Minam did not know why for she was not well versed in how to deal with vampires so she decided to follow Hani’s request. The two girls managed with much difficulty to take the handsome vampire to the bathroom. Hani opened the tap. They lifted Minho and placed him in the tub and let the water fill in till he was completely covered with water. Hani looked at him worried and sad. She was not angry only sad about what Minho had tried to do. She was also guilty for not having been able to do anything to save Minam. She sighed. Minam took her in her arms and directed her outside to the kitchen downstairs. Minam did not forget to take her phone with her this time. She first helped Hani wash her hair in the sink before they went to the couch. While she dialed Onew’s number, Hani let her head rest on Minam’s lap. It felt so warm and secure. It felt like home. Hani was exhausted. She closed her eyes and drifted in a light sleep with Minam’s hand playing with her hair.

Jonghyun had helped the leader to regain consciousness and was tending to his wound. Key and Taemin were both unaware of everything. Key was too fast asleep and nothing could wake him up for now. As for Taemin he was too drained off of his energy to wake up. He had cried himself to sleep. The leader unable to hide the truth to Jonghyun had spilled out. It was hard to believe but the earlier reaction of Minho had made Jonghyun believed the leader’s word. Suddenly the phone rang. Onew reached for it quickly. “Onew Hyung? Please come to Hani’s house quickly. Minho was here and…” Minam explained the entire situation to the chicken lover. He was expecting this to happen. Yet he could not understand the part where Minam had knocked Minho out. He frowned the entire way to Hani’s house. He had left Jonghyun in charge for the two other members and requested him not to tell them anything yet. Both Taemin and key had had their part of strong emotions for the past few days. (Taemin had to deal with his one sided love and his heartbreak along with jealousy. Key for his part could not stand the sorrow of his baby and had to deal with his helplessness, his confusion between Minam and Jonghyun, Jonghyun’s sudden jealousy and possessiveness and his strange reaction to Jonghyun’s strange behavior.)

Onew soon reached Hani’s place where he found the latter sleeping on Minam’s lap. He approached the two. Minam motioned him to sit down on the other couch. Hani stirred in her sleep and finally woke up surprised to see Onew. “Hyung?” she started as tears welled up in her eyes. Minam squeezed her hand and spoke, “Hani… I called Hyung. Don’t worry. Can you make us some tea while I talk to him?” Hani nodded and walked to the kitchen. Minam knew she was tired but she had to talk to Onew in private.

 

“Hyung, don’t make me angry and explain everything to me. I thought vampires did not exist. You knew didn’t you? You knew that Minho was a vampire and that he used to Hani’s blood didn’t you? This is the reason why you asked me to look after Hani and to convince her to stop all this. Please explain to me everything before I end up murdering you!” Minam ordered menacingly. She no more cared about the respect she ought to have towards an elder person or that it was the Shinee’s leader whom she was addressing to. All that mattered at that moment was to understand and to save her friend. Onew sighed and spoke up, “Well you are a great fan of us aren’t you? So you must be aware that during our come back Minho was unable to join us on stage because earlier that month, Minho had injured his right leg during a shoot for KBS' sports entertainment show "Let's Go! Dream Team Season 2" and was told by doctors to wear a cast due to a ruptured calf muscle. In fact the day we had to perform Minho was attacked by a man who bit him. He was starting to have convulsion and his temperature was decreasing rapidly and we did not know what to do. That was when Benny a supposed witch came to visit us and told me that Minho was transforming into a vampire. At first I did not believe but with time the behavior of Minho became more and more strange and I performed some researches only to confirm what Benny had said. She helped Minho throughout this curse. Then the day Hani landed in Korea, we were at Benny and she told us that today Minho might meet someone who will free him from his vampirism. When Minho saw Hani at the airport he was more attracted to her than any of his earlier preys. He used to say that she was tastier and her taste never changed. Well then he made a plan to make her sign a deal with him…” Onew told Minam the rest of the story about how Hani started working with Shinee, how the deal between her and Minho was made and how Minho a person’s blood can affect that person. After he finished he stared at Minam who was in deep thinking. Hani came and sensed then tense silence between the two. She place the tea on the low table and went to her bedroom to clean the mess, leaving the two.

Hani’s Pov while cleaning the mess in her room.

Why do I always have to be rescued? Minam…she could have been hurt and all this because of me. How I wish for once I could be the one saving her… since we were in high school she is my heroine and I could not even been her side kick. I was always just a burden maybe that she had to take care of. How I wish I was as strong as her at times. All I do is worry everyone around me. Minam I wish I could tell you how many time you saved me, not only from others but rom myself also. You helped overcome my fears and made me realized so many important things in life. I wanted to make you happy by bringing them here, your favorite Korean band but I guess it was a flop. It resulted in you being hurt and I could not do anything for you. Minam you are my savior. I will love you forever.

Hani wiped a tear off her cheek and continued to clean out the mess

Living room:

“Then why don’t you just accept her resignation?” Minam asked. She did not want her friend to be in any danger.

“Well, I can’t because it is the SM directors who can do that.”

 Minam furrowed her brows. “You know, Hyung, Hani is not protected against the effect of Minho’s bite. She was just stronger that any of the other preys. Yet as you can see now with time even she has started to be affected and if you don’t hurry I might be losing my cheerful and always hopeful Hani. For this I will never forgive you.” Minam said firmly.

 Onew nodded and said, “I know that she is not the one now but it can be that through her I meet the savior… the one who can turn Minho back to the Minho all the fans love…”

Minam raised a brow and asked, “What do you mean?” Onew smiled and said, “I think it is you…” Minam shook her head and replied, “You are wrong and what makes you feel like this?” Onew requested, “Well I’m not sure but can you just tell me in details about what happened during you fight with Minho again?” Minam sighed she did not want to tell this again. It felt like reliving it all again. Yet she proceeded.  Onew smiled and said, “You see it can be you the savior.” “What?” Minam cried out in surprise. “I don’t know for sure. I will have to talk to benny about it. I mean don’t you want to know about that sudden strength you had to make Minho cough blood or the light that suddenly came out and engulfed you all curing you and Hani and knocking Minho out?” Onew said, furrowing his brows as he was already trying to find answers by herself. After a short pause he asked, “Have you felt like Minho was trying to hypnotize you at some point?” Minam looked at him with wide eyes. ”Of course I want to know all this but I don’t want to endanger Hani anymore. And yeah I felt like this. I felt like he was trying to penetrate my mind but I was not going to let myself be controlled by him.” Minam answered. “Well that makes my suspicion even more right… anyway…don’t worry once we get to Korea I will make the directors accept her resignation and you can be safe and away from all this crap. I will handle the rest and…” Onew was cut off suddenly by a scream coming from the]bathroom ,”AHHHHHH!”