The Deal

Birthday Gift

“Where am I? Hani thought. She was surrounded by darkness. There was no light at all. Suddenly she felt as if someone was running after her. Hani ran and ran. Suddenly she tripped and fell. It was still dark around her. She could see nothing. She turned back and saw something. It was a dim lit room. Minho was standing in front of her. He had his head bent forward. At first Hani thought he was shaking due to sobs. Hani was about to move closer to him when he suddenly threw his head back and laughed out devilishly. Hani stood there petrified. Minho had his teeth covered with blood. The blood was dripping down his chin and his eyes were sending murderous look. Hani wanted to scream. She looked down in front of Minho and saw a corpse. It was hers….

Hani screamed and fell from the couch. She places a hand on her heart. “It was just a dream…no a nightmare…” Hani thought. She could feel her heart beating very fast. She turned around to see where she was. She was still in the living room. She had slept on the couch. The “vampire knight” anime was still playing. She switched it off and sank down in the couch again. Hani tried to get her calm back. It was after all just a nightmare and nothing more. She closed her eyes and tried to take some deep breaths. She felt herself slowly getting back her calm and was feeling quite sleepy. She got up and went to her room where she got dress to go to bed. Hani decided to go to the bathroom before slipping under this comfortable bed sheet and falling asleep.

Hani stared at her face in the bathroom mirror. She could not afford to lack any sleep. While she was discussing Shinee’s next concert with Onew, she received a phone call. It was the maid café in which she had applied. She had to join work the next Monday. Yet due to some problems with some of the workers she was asked to come tomorrow itself. Life was going to get busy once she joined in. Hani splashed some water on her face and wiped it with a towel. At that moment she felt a cool breath on her neck. Her eyes grew twice their size. There was no reflection of anyone behind her in the mirror. Hani felt the breath tickling her skin and suddenly felt someone her neck. Hani turned around only to be trapped in two strong arms.

“I am sorry….please, just bear it… I really need it.”Minho whispered. Hani instantly recognized the voice. This was the last thing she wanted but she knew she had no choice. She had signed a contract with Minho. The latter kissed her neck and gently sank his fangs in her skin. It hurt. “It still hurts like it did the first time. Was it worth it this contract?” Hani thought to herself. She felt her blood dripping out of her neck. Minho was it out. Memories of that day flashed in front of Hani’s eyes.

Two months back Hani had landed in Korea. She had already planned everything one month prior to her departure. It was not easy to do all the applications with Minam around. She could not escape her sharp eyes and intuitions. Yet she managed to get pass it and flew to Korea. However what she had not planned was to be robbed of everything as soon as she landed. Indeed as soon as she had landed she was robbed of everything except her mobile. Yet she could not do much with her mobile. If she was to phone home it would be a catastrophe. She could not call Minam since she would be scolding her for her sudden recklessness. She simply tried to talk to the security officers present at the airport but in vain. They could not understand her very well since she could not speak Korean. When she asked to talk to a higher qualified person they simply ousted her by saying “he not here now,” with their Korean accent. “That accent suits the Shinee more than these stupid officers…”Hani thought at that moment. She wandered off in a corner outside the airport. She sat on a bench. It was late at night that she landed. So there was no place she could go. The hotel that she had booked would want a sum of money and some kind of identification proof. Yet she had none. She kept her head lowered as the thoughts ran in her mind. Suddenly she felt a shadow over her. For some reason or the other, she did not want to lift up her head. Ti was a menacing shadow. She gulped. “Could it be some goons wanting to molest me?” Hani thought at the same time remembering all the karate moves her father had taught her.

Finally she dared to look up only to be shocked. It was Minho. Indeed it was Minho from Shinee. She could not believe her eyes. Yet before she could say anything, Minho took her in an embrace. A second after she felt a sharp pain in her neck. It was as if someone was piercing her skin, digging and searching for her blood. She felt dizzy and soon collapsed. When Hani woke up, she found herself in an apartment. Her vision was still blur. She could hear a voice saying, “she is finally coming about.” She opened her eyes wide only to found Onew and Minho’s faces hovering over her. She jumped and sat on the couch immediately. She was confused about what happened. Onew calmed her and gave her a glass of water which she drunk quickly. She had an awful pain in the neck. She rubbed it with her hand only to be scolded by Minho, “Don’t do this! It will hurt even more.” Hani looked at her still confused about what happened. Onew quieted Minho and decided to explained things to Hani. Yet Minho protested, “She does not know us. She does not remember what has happened so no need to tell her anything right?” Hani shook her head and told him she knew who they were but was only confused about how they knew she would not understand Korean and they were conversing in English. Onew smiled gently and told her that they had observed her when she landed. Her appearance also told that she was not from Korea. Hani was shocked at this. “so two members of Shinee had been observing me…but why?” Hani asked him. Minho shrugged and answered nonchalantly. “I needed your blood so we observed you. I thought you would not know about whom we are but it seems you know. So if you don’t want to lend into trouble you better not open your mouth. Never ever say anything about this to anyone, understand?” Hani nodded though she still did not understand what had happened. That is when she felt two small holes in her neck. She gasped at the explanation that crossed her mind. Onew noticing her expression and understanding her nodded and smiled. Minho spoke sharply, “well you help me and I will help you. Give me your blood whenever I want it and I will pay for all your stay here that includes all the expenses. In other words, instead of selling yourself to get money just sell your blood to me…” Hani flared up, “What the ! I thought you were better civilized than this Choi Minho! You are disgusting not only because of this comment but also because you hurt innocent people.” Minho simply shrugged and went ahead telling Onew to come along. The latter looked at Hani sadly and mouthed a sorry. He gave her a card and indicated were she could come if she changed her mind before leaving.

Hani spent some time fixing the card before rushing out. She did not know where they had brought her. All she realized was that it was a new apartment that was not used by anyone. Yet it was not hers so she could not stay there. She rushed out in the streets and managed to find a police station. Yet it was in vain. She finally found a higher officer to understand her. Yet it was useless to try all this. They told her that it would take too much time searching for the thief. Therefore they decided to deport her if nothing was found during the next 48 hours. Hani sighed as she got out of the station. She did not make the all way here to kpop land only to return empty handed to Minam for he birthday. She decided to search for a small job but this was difficult as no one wanted to employ a stranger who could not speak Korean. Dejected Hani wandered around the city. It was already so late and she was hungry. She decided to stop in a dark alley. She could not walk any further. As it is she did not know where she was going. She sat down. Se was too depressed to think about cleanliness or anything. She fell asleep with her head against the wall.

The next morning when she opened her eyes, the sun was already up. The traffic had started. When she looked up she noticed that she was not far from SM entertainment Training center. She sighed and walked to it. Jinki had instructed her to come through the back door. The front door was blocked by fans waiting for some group or the other to come out. Hani stared at the door before her. She crumbled the piece of paper in her hand. She did not wanted to go in but she knew she had no choice. She could not return back when she is so near her goal. “Hum hum… are you searching for someone?” someone said behind her. She turned around only to be face to face with hunhan. Sehun had his arm wrapped around luhan’s waist and was nuzzling his neck. It was the latter who spoke. Hani blushed and told them she needed to find Onew. The two nodded and went inside telling her to wait here. After some minutes Onew came out and stood dumfounded at whom he saw. “I thought that she would never come here…” Onew thought loudly. Hani blushed and told him that she agreed to give Minho her blood but she had some conditions. Onew nodded and took her inside. They went to his room where Minho was already. He stared at Hani when she entered the room and smirked….

Hani glared at him. “I agree to the deal but I have some conditions. I will be deported soon since the police can’t find my passport. You think you can deal with this?” Minho nodded still having that smirk on his lips. Hani wanted to just slap him and kill him right there but she kept her calm and continued listing her conditions. “I don’t want you to bite anyone other than me. You have hurt others enough. I need a job so why don’t you appoint me? I am a pretty good mixer though I don’t have much experience. You can have my blood until I work with Shinee. They day I resign or I am fired, this deal is cancelled okay?” Minho nodded with a big grin on his face.

End of flashback.

Hani felt herself losing grip over the reality. Minho was too much. She was about to collapse. It was due to this deal that Hani had been befriended with Shinee. When she left she had only one thing on mind: to meet them and convince them someway or the other to come with her for Minam’s birthday. This was not difficult after they got quite close. That’s how they all landed here for Minam. Hani felt dizzy and finally collapsed.

Minho wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. He stared at the weak and pale figure in his arms. “! I too much!” he muttered cursing himself as he took Hani to bed. “Was this deal really worth all this?”Minho thought inwardly. He was now feeling so guilty for having made this deal.He waited by her side till she regained consciousness…

________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N well I thought it was time or the deal between Minho and Minam to be reveal yet there are still lots of mysteries coming along what will happen to Hani’s feelings toward Minho? What will happen to Taemin? Will Minam and key be together? Will Jonghyun accept it? Who is Minam really? What will be Onew’s role in all this? Is he really just a leader? All these answers will be found in the next chapters…

 

Memories invade my mind

The croaking frog

The chirping bird

The whistling wind

The sound of the swing

I remember me in my frock

I remember us as a herd

I remember all I went through to be who I am now

 

Sweet tender reminiscence

Of what we used to be

The singing of friends

The gossiping of others

The walking around the track

Never were we off the rack

It was: “I wish it never ends”

I really wish it was a forever

But we got to move that is the reality.

 

The track, the benches

The classes, the teachers

The trees, the flowers

The fun of those hours

In my memories the will be forever

Us friends unknowingly doing the same thing at the same time

Us friends always wanting to be each other till the end of time

Careless, reckless and even erted thoughts

We had them all

And yet we were accepted by each other

How I wish these years would be back

And we could live them all again

 

I don’t know where the future will take us

But wherever we are all of us

Will be missing and remembering each other

Because for us it was always, :I wish it was forever