Fun with the Diva

Birthday Gift

Key rushed out on the balcony and spoke on his phone: “YAH Minama why did you not phone me earlier?” His heart was beating faster. Yet he could not understand why. He never wanted to fall in love with anyone and he never believed in love at first sight. Therefore there was no way that he would admit that the feelings he was having was “love”. For the past two weeks Kim Kibum a.k.a The Almighty Key could not sleep peacefully without thinking of Minam. He was constantly smiling like a fool thinking about the moments during the birthday party. This did not go unnoticed by the other members. They would sometimes . Yet Key would always say, “What are you talking about? Kim Kibum will never fall in love. I only make girl fall in love with me.” He told himself that he was restless only because he did not know whether Minam had arrived safely or not.

“I’m sorry. I did not have enough time. I was helping Hani move out to her new apartment…Hmm what are you doing today?” Minam spoke hesitantly. She did not know if what she was doing was right. She told her mum about it. Her mum encouraged her to go ahead. She knew her daughter needed a friend to talk to about Hani. She was also aware of her daughter’s craze over the Shinee since she was adolescent.  “Well, I’m free why? Are you taking me on a treat to make me forget that you forgot about me?” Key . “NO WAY I COULD FORGET ABOUT MY SHINEE!”shouted Minam and continued in a whisper, “but yeah, I wanted someone to talk to. Someone who knows where Hani had been for these two months and what is happening to her. Do you think we could meet and talk a bit?” Key replied “yes “instantly though he felt a pinch in his heart. They decided that Key would come to pick Minam up at 1 p.m which left each of them exactly 5 hours to prepare themselves.

Key sighed as he hanged up. “She cannot forget about the Shinee huh? But I was not talking about Shinee. I was talking about me… anyway at least thank to Hani for worrying her. It is true I don’t want Minam to be worried about anything. Yet if she was not so worried she would not have called. But wait! She called ME to talk about her worries! Does this mean she trust me? She considers me close to her enough to share her worries with me...  YES, YES, YES!” Key thought enthusiastically.

 Minam stared at her phone smilingly after she hanged up. “He sounded enthusiast about this meeting… well I think I can trust him with this matter… YAAAAH what have I done? I have asked the KEY to go out with me and he accepted? Now what should I do? What if he remained constantly followed by fans?” Minam thought. But she immediately casted away these thoughts. There was no way this would happen. Very few people in our beautiful island know about Shinee. In fact the latter did not even know the existence of this island until they met Hani and she brought them here to surprise Minam. Now that they were here they were planning on enjoying this vacation.

It was 9 o’clock when Key started to rumble in his clothes trying to find something suitable to wear. He did not even know what Minam like. Taemin remained seated on the bed looking at his Umma panicking. “Key will always remain my Umma even if he has a girlfriend that is what Minam told me during the birthday. Yet now when I look at him all so eager to go out with a girl I am not so sure. Maybe Hani was right…. Yah! Who I am thinking about? She just has a foul mouth and did not know what she was saying. I hate her…I just hope Umma really had a good time out today.” Key shook Taemin out of his thoughts by putting on the music and doing his catwalk with different outfits.

Jonghyun who had come a bit after the catwalk started was not noticed by the Key and Taemin. He leaned against the door and admired key. “He is so beautiful in each of these outfits…” Jonghyun thought before shaking his head and leaving quietly. He walked to the kitchen where Minho and Onew was sitting. Onew was sipping his tea. He had place another cup for Jonghyun on the counter. Minho was drinking his traditional beetroot juice while thinking of Hani. Jonghyun started to speak as he took a sip of his tea “I guess we will have to make breakfast and lunch by our self. Key is busy doing catwalk.” The two stared at him with big round eyes. Jonghyun went on, “he got a date with Minam…” Minho and Onew both laughed out and started preparing toasts.

It was 1 O’clock when a black BMW pulled up in front of Minam’s house. Minam was already waiting near the gates. Key came out of the driver’s seat and opened the passenger’s door for Minam. He was wearing jeans and a simple white shirt. It was just the way that Minam liked guys to dress. Minam blushed as Key hold the door for her. She got in and they drove to the amusement park.

Minam was worried during the drive. Key opened the conversation, “so why are you worried?” Minam fixed him and sighed. “It’s Hani… She is not the same. I mean she seems weaker and weaker each day. What happened the last two weeks did not do her any good and I’m worried about her? I wonder where she was these two months and what she did. She does not want to speak up. I know I should give her time but I’m just worried.” Minam said.

Flashback two weeks ago the next day of the Birthday surprise….

Beep beep… Minam looked at her phone sleepily. She had been taking a nap. They returned home late and Hani had slept over. But she left in the morning.  Minam look at the number and saw it was that of Hani. She opened the message and read:

To: Minam

From: Hani

I’m moving out…My parents told me to go away until I decide tot ell them the truth where was I and what I did…I have talked to a friend beforehand anticipating this situation and he has sold his apartment to me. So… i am taking my things there. Can you please come over? Here is the address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“What the hell? Hani did not even speak up even in such a situation? What has she been hiding from us at last? I need to find out!” thought Minam more than ever determined to save her friend from whatever trouble she was in.

End of flashback

For the past two weeks Minam had been helping Hani to decorate the new apartment but she did not find any clue of her friend’s secret.  Then the last three days Hani had asked Minam not to come saying she wanted to be a little bit alone. Minam did not want to hurt her friend so she gave her the space needed but that did not mean she will stay idle.

Key nudged Minam bringing her back from her thoughts. She had not realized that they already arrived at the amusement park. He poked her nose and said, “Stop frowning or you will have riddle beautiful.” Minam looked at Key, surprised and then smiled. Key could not see Minam so worried so he pulled her out of the car and dragged her to the entrance. “Let’s forget about everything and enjoy okay?” asked Key. Minam smiled before she was dragged by Key to the bumper cars. They both boarded different cars and fooled around. Minam could not stop laughing as Key chased her around trying to bump into her. Everyone was in fact bumping into his car while he tried to chase Minam. The game stopped after some 15 minutes. Minam got out of her car with ease and tried to find Key. She did not see him at first. She finally noticed him trying desperately to get out for the cars. The other cars had bumped into him and he was trapped in the middle. Minam went to him to help him out. Just as he was getting out of the last car he tripped and fell down.

“Hmm it smells sweets…” thought Key. He opened his eyes only to find that he had landed on Minam and he was breathing in her hair. He got up immediately blushing but trying to hide it. He helped Minam up before they started laughing together. They continue their trip to the Haunted House. Key smirked inwardly, already imagining different scenarios that could happen to him and Minam in the Haunted House…They both boarded in a small wagon and drifted in the obscurity of the Haunted House. They went from ghost to witch, witch to spiders, spiders to skeletons, skeletons to bloody zombies, and zombies to mummies. What Key did not know it was that Minam loved scary movies. Therefore she enjoyed this thrilled ride. Yet Key was a bit terrorized and without realizing had held on to Minam’s hand. When they came out, they continued to hold hand without realizing it. Suddenly Minam took notice of it. She gently pulled away her hand to put some hair strands back behind her ears. Key smiled as he had the chance of holding her hand.

After having eaten something and drank some coffee, key asked Minam where she waned to go next. She suggested that they go roaming within the stalls that had been installed. Key agreed. They walked around looking at the different items. Key took Minam’s hand and slid a bracelet around her wrist and kissed her hand. Minam blushed and thanked him. Key thought, “she is so cute… but this is not love I know it…I hope so…” Minam picked out a shirt for Key and they continued their excursion. Almost every merchant thought that they were a sweet couple. They even fed each other some fried noodles. Since Minam did not know how to eat with chopstick well Key taught her once again how to use them.  They then moved on and finally ended up before the Ferris wheel. They both glanced at each other and agreed to go for a round.

Key was seated opposite to Minam in the cabin. It started moving. They were soon at the highest point when it stopped abruptly. Key and Minam looked at each other shocked. They waited for some moments. An announcement came: “We are sorry about this temporary problem. But it will take some time before the Ferris wheel start working again. Please excuse us for any inconveniences.” Key and Minam once again glance at each other.

“She looks quite afraid I shall go and sit beside her I think….” Key thought and moved beside Minam and got closer to her. Minam smiled to him and thanked him. Key hesitantly put an arm around Minam’s shoulder and the both admired the view. It was a bit awkward for both of them to be like this. Yet they were both grateful for this day. “Thank you Key. I really enjoyed myself. I really needed this break so thank you so much…hmm here it is a small something I bought while you were not looking.” Minam said smilingly. “But there was not need for this. I mean you already bought a t-shirt for me…” started Key but he noticed the look on Minam’s face and took the gift without any delay. “Thank you flower. I really enjoyed myself too. Well, I also got something for you…” said Key. He gave Minam a small box almost similar to the one he had received. They decided to open the gift when they arrived home. They felt once again awkward for they did not know what to say next. Fortunately the Ferris wheel started functioning once again. They were soon down on safe ground.

It was already 7 O’clock. Key thought that as a gentleman he should drop Minam home before 9. They drove home quietly listening to some romantic music. “Should I say something?” they both thought. Yet the soon arrived to Minam’ house. Key quickly got out and help the passenger’s door open for Minam. Minam bowed and thanked him once again before leaving. Yet just as she turned around Key caught her wrist and pulled her to him. “What are you doing Key?” asked Minam shocked and confused. Key simply pulled her into a hug and whispered: “Thank you for this wonderful day.  You are the most beautiful flower that I have ever seen.” He then let go Minam. He smiled and did as nothing had just happened. He bowed to her and left. Minam was left still surprised on the pavement. She brought herself back to reality and hurried inside. “It was nothing more than a friend’s hug.” Minam thought.

After having taken a bath and a cup of milk, Minam lied down in her bed and took key’s gift in her hand. She started unwrapping it. She opened the box and gaped at what she saw.  She took her mobile and texted Key

In Shinee’s apartment, key was also in the same state as Minam when he opened the gift. He could not believe what he saw. He took his mobile and texted Minam.

They both received their message at the same moment and both messages could be read as followed:

“From Minam

To Key

I can’t believe we thought of buying the same black scarf for each other… thank you for this wonderful moment. Goodnight and see you soon”

 

“From Key

To Minam

I can’t believe we thought of buying the same black scarf for each other… thank you for this wonderful moment. Goodnight and see you soon”

 

They both smiled and drifted to dream land happily that night.