Chapter 8: It Takes a Man And a Woman

8 IS INFINITY

 

Chapter 8: It Takes Man and a Woman

 

"How can one love someone so much?

Surely someone could have such

A portion of true love I long to touch

It takes a man and a woman, a perfect match"

 

 

Have you ever felt feeling so lightweight because of pure happiness? That you seemed not to hear a thing, or anyone because all you can think of is the moment happening before your eyes? Yeah. Spacing out is not my game but it seems like I am in to it right now.

The girls came by my side and took turns in hugging me. As soon as the last person, which is Jiyong, hugged me, he whispered, "Happy birthday Dalong."

It's...my birthday?
 

"Thought we have forgotten the day you were born, huh?"  I looked at Chaerin questioningly and she just shook her head while having that amused look on her face.

"Yah! Dara!" Bom playfully slapped my arm. "Why did you even forget your own birthday?" She then pouted. I chuckled at Bom's cuteness. Even though she is a few months ahead of me, she acts like she is younger than her actual age. Byul was slightly shaking her head while touching her forehead.

"Yeah. You should be the first one to remember this day Dara. It's your day anyway!"

Then it struck me.

Yes, why on earth did I ever forgot this day? This is one of the days I should never forget. But then it is not about the celebration; why would people bother celebrating my birthday like it was one of the happiest days in the whole world. Because of this day, I lost someone, someone that I could never bring back again. This is the mark of that one week of eventful events of my life for the past three years.

I looked at my friends' faces and saw how genuinely happy they are for me. I can't risk making them feel horrible just because I felt like I am. They did this for me, to make me happy even if I least deserve it. The least that I can do is to not mop around. For today, even if I feel like dying remembering everything, I have to go out and smile for them. Enjoy this day even if it is a fake one.

"Thanks guys. You know how much I appreciated this effort of you four."

"Well, you should really give the credit to Jiyong. He made everything possible you know? He thought all of these for you!" Byul explained animatedly.

I looked at Jiyong who shyly looked away. Wow. I can't believe someone will ever do a stunt like this.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Bom smiling evilly while eyeing me and Jiyong. I know what she's thinking. She's probably thinking that Jiyong's doing this just because he felt something for me or I am now feeling something for him. She's really one weird girl.

Because I can't help it anymore when she's snickering while Byul and Chaerin was talking about the whole set-up and the flustered Jiyong was still looking away, I nudged her hard which caught her off guard.

She laughed. Byul and Chaerin stopped from blabbering and looked at her with furrowed brows. I looked at Jiyong who is also looking at the laughing Bom.

Everyone turned their eyes on her while she's still laughing her a$$ off.

When her laugh died out, she's back to being the evil ahjumma that she is. She raised her eyebrow while eyeing me and when I looked at where her eyes is landing as well, I knew it that she is doing it again.

"Why are you guys looking me that way?" She said still in between laughs.

"What happened to you?" Byul asked.

She looked at me and smirked. She looked at Jiyong for a second and rolled her eyes.

"Nothing." She placed her hand in her stomach and acts like in pain. "Can we eat now? I'm so starving." She did her puppy eyes which makes me want to pull it out from her eye sockets.

She is pure evil! I think she is up to something that will make us all in trouble.

"You're crazy." Chaerin asked while rolling her eyes.

"So..." Jiyong clapped his hands to get our intention. "Where do you girls want to eat?"

 

We headed to the amusement parks' restaurant. It's very neat and chic here. I noticed that the girls were wearing dresses while Jiyong looks dashing with his semi-formal attire. I looked at my clothes and looked around the place. It seems like I am not invited since I don't make the cut here while in these clothing I am in.

"I know what you are thinking. No worries, they don't have dress codes here. Unless you want to ask Jiyong to buy you new clothes just for our lunch and probably want to include us as well, that would be fine." Chaerin giggled.

They are creeping me out, really!

"Well, I don't want to be a bother so we'll just have to settle with these kind of clothes I am wearing."

"Uh," All of our eyes darted to Jiyong who is now scratching his head. Goodness! I am really thinking the possibility that he has parasites living on his head. "I bought you a dress already, Dara." He handed over a bag that probably contains the dress he is talking about.

I felt my arms warmed up to the mention of him buying me a dress.

The girls giggled and here I am rooted on my spot. I took the bag and peered at it. I held the dress up. It is a white dress.

"I think that suits you."

Jiyong looks away as we made eye contact.

"That would look lovely on you, D!" Bom gushed as she looked in to the dress.

"Pure. You will surely look so pure in that." Chaerin smirked.

"Go on. Take the dress and put it on." Byul cheered.

Bom hand over the dress with a huge smile. She's crazy.

"Seriously, Jiyong, you don't have to this far."

He shrugged. "Go now and try it on."

As if I have any other choice, I took the dress from Bom and went to the nearest comfort room.

 

When I went out of the cubicle, I saw my reflection in the mirror. It's true, the dress is good and it seems like it was made for me. And Chae is right, I look pure in this dress. I look like a...I don't know how to put this in to words, but it is somehow makes me look good.

I went out of the comfort room and I am close in to bumping to the man who just appear out of nowhere. Is this some kind of sorcery?

He looked back. "My apologies, miss."

I was able to get a glimpse of his face before he ran out of the restaurant. He is wearing huge sunglasses and a big hat but his features seems familiar. He looks someone familiar. Someone I used to know. Not to mention that they have the same voice. Wait...I'm not sure. I was too caught up by the mere sight of his face that I was not able to hear his voice to confirm whatever it is that is running in my head.

Oh my gosh! Am I going crazy?

"Hey, D?"

And just like that, I came back from my reverie. I looked around and saw the concerning eyes of Bom.

"Are you ok?"

I smiled. How can I when I think I am going insane?

"Yeah. Let us go?"

 

We were seated at a round table. Bom and Jiyong at both of my sides. We were...I mean, they were happily engaged in their conversation. I just smile and politely answer their questions if they ask for my opinion, laugh at certain matters and just listening to them.

Introvert? Yeah. It is like a built in character of mine since I have decided to seclude myself. I find it very hard to open up myself even if I am trying to let go already. I have wasted my life for the past years, and they were right about that. I am starting to realize that no matter what I do with myself, it will never change what happened.

And as we are enjoying our meal, my peripheral vision caught that man I bumped earlier near the comfort room. He was talking to someone and when he took of his sunglasses, all seems to blur out. It hurts. My heart hurts so badly right now. The last thing I know is that a tear escaped my eye and then it's all black.

 

 

A/N: The recent happenings broke my heart. But I wanted to cheer up because as to what I have said even before, whether DARAGON is real or not, I am supporting them all the way! So here's an update. Much love! <3