Chapter 4: Whenever You Remember

8 IS INFINITY

Chapter 4: Whenever You Remember

 

Whenever you remember those days we are together
Do you still remember the feelings we had for each other?
Is the past just a part of your yesterday you’d leave rather?
That you want to forget our promises of forever

 

And so the most awaited time of the day had come.

I went out of the classroom as fast as I can manage right after the professor uttered the words 'dismissed'. God knows how much I want to get out of that hell-like place with the conceited, arrogant and impossibly stupid Kim Jaejoong is within the vicinity.

I heaved a deep sigh as I was out of the room, the campus and anywhere else that reminds me of that damn place. I was silently seated at the back of our car with Mr. Shin driving smoothly towards our place.

Who knows what goes in to that Kim's bird-like-brain when he announced to the class of him and me together. I just want to puke you know? It's unbelievably, capital DISGUSTING with exclamations points. I wonder how I was able to control my temper within an hour or so after that awesome announcement he made. Note the sarcasm in this people.

I quickly went out of the car as we reached our house and stomped my way to my oh-so-good-looking brother in his oh-so magnificent office.

"Ya! Oppa! Cancel that agreement with the Kim's!" I shouted.

I sat in front of his desk with my arms crossed and an annoyed face written all over my pretty face.

He looked at me in between his papers like he did not even understand the language that I am using.

"I said," breathe in. "cancel that ing agreement with the Kim's. That Jaejoong guy should know his place. He is getting in to my damn nerves! Who knows what I'm going to do with him tomorrow if he'll bring out his stupidity again and embarrass me to the whole campus."

Right, right, right, I'm becoming childish for throwing my tantrums, so unlady-like.

Teddy oppa settled his papers neatly and folded his hands in lotus position before facing me.

"Why are you asking for that?" He said in a business tone manner.

"Don't act like oppa. I want my damn freedom with this agreement." I said in between gritted teeth.

"Be a lady and stop cussing. You are not taught to act such kind of behavior."

Calm down Dara. Breathe in, breathe out. Calm your nerves before speaking again.

"Ok, right, I got it." I breathe some good air-conditioned oxygen and smiled sweetly before speaking again. "I would like to cut-off any means of association with the Kim's, if I may add, Kim Jaejoong to be specific in order to maintain the credibility and good name of ours before I could make further stupid actions like for example, killing him?" I then flashed my handsome brother with my sweetest gummy smile.

"Goodness gracious Dara! I never knew that you would be capable of such." He then resumed looking at his papers and spoke without looking back at me. "If you may, excuse me because I have other important things to attend to than hearing your tantrums out. Let's talk some other time."

I scoffed. "Yeah right. Like my happiness and my welfare comes last to the priorities. I got it. Fine. Goodbye." I stormed out of that damn office and slam that damn door shut. I went to my room with a heavy heart. I sat at the edge of my bed for quite some time before smashing my head to the pillow. I grunted.

Ugh! Why is my life so freaking unfair?! It’s always been like this. It will always be about money, fame and power. Can’t they see I am hurting? Would they even try to take a glimpse to my situation, to my pleas, to me? I’ve always thought that I will be okay, I am okay, even if they’ll not give me the attention that I’ve always craved as long as they’ll supply me material things to keep me company while they’re busy with their work.

I heaved a sigh. It’s been, what, three years since I’ve become happy, genuinely happy. I did not care about any other things because with him, I’m complete, I feel complete no matter how my parents and brother neglects me because they’re busy with their stuffs.

He is my childhood friend. The only guy I have shared great memories with. The only guy that can make me laugh because of his jokes and stories. The only guy I can rely through ups and downs. The only guy I gave my heart with.

I went to the nearby park to clear my things out, and maybe catch some air because I am damn suffocating! I sat at the bench near the old tree. This has been our favorite spot when we were young. My first love was my neighborhood. They lived across ours. I remembered when we were little, we used to escape after dinner and we went to this particular area in the park with snacks at hand just talking about random things.

Ugh. Why did I reminisce the memories with that ? But I know, no matter how I deny it, I still love him, even after fate claims him.

I was cut-off with my thoughts when my phone rang.

An unknown number?

As far I could remember, only 8 people knew my number. It’s only my parents, brother, Mr. Shin, my 3 girl friends and…him. But no, it can’t be. He is long way gone. It’s been three years! Well, yeah, I admit I never tried to change numbers even after a long time. He is the one who picked this number for me, before he was…

“Yoboseyo?” [Hello]

 I answered the call to stop myself from thinking about the pains of yesterday.

I waited. No one answered.

“Yoboseyo? Nugu yo?” [Hello? Who is this?]

I said but still the line is blank. I took the phone out from my ears and looked at the screen; I am still in line with the caller.

“Ya! If you’re not going to answer and you’re just toying with me, I tell you, cut the crap out! Don’t call me again if you’re---“

“I miss you.”

I was stopped with shock. He said it like a whisper. His voice seems tired and with longing. ! It can’t be. He is dead. It can’t be him!

My heart constructed. I feel like the world is crashing down on me. My knees softened upon hearing the voice. I thought that the way writers are describing in the books are hyperboles but no, it’s not, I felt the very same feeling like how they described it.

“Who a-are you?” I said softly. And before the other line or I can say anything, tears are running on my cheeks before I can stop it. I heard a sigh and the other line is dead. My phone’s still in my right ear even after the faint bleep sound from the phone.

I looked up and watched the starry sky. I felt a tinge of pain. I clutched my heart and began sobbing hard. God, what are your plans? Is this just a joke? How come a person, gone for so long, comes back and called me? Is it really him? Please don’t get my hopes up, I beg You.

I was crying hard. This is all too much for one day. It’s just too much.

 

After clearing my mind and when I am sure I am composed, I went home and locked my self in my room. If there’s this thing called breakfast-in-bed, well mine’s dinner-in-bed. I can’t face anyone, just for now since my eyes are puffy and all the s after crying. I rang the maids that I want to have dinner in my room and gladly Teddy oppa did not say anything against it. Well, he should be.

After dinner, I called the maids once again to buy me, if there’s none in the fridge, a half galloon of Pistachio flavored ice cream. Ice creams are the best healers for my upset mood. I somehow forget the pain, my worries and problems whenever I ate one, but not this time around. I can still hear his voice, clearly, in my head.

I miss you.

I miss you.

I miss you.

I miss you.

Argh! Why can’t it get out of my already chaotic head once and for all?!

Because I can’t seem to go to sleep, I took my laptop, which is sitting perfectly at my bedside table, turned it on and connect it to our place’s WiFi connection. Er, it looks like I haven’t used it for so long though because it’s kind of dusty. Well, this thing is for entertainment purposes only though, I have two laptops and I’m using the other one intended for academics. I know, I know, I’m rich and all. I only have these because I WAS a filthy rich and I insisted in having two, so yeah.

I opened my once in a blue moon visited account called *drumroll* Facebook.

I was bored to death because there seems nothing new. Just gossips and whatever nonsense there is. Before I used to go gaga over SNS but now, nah, I don’t give a damn. I still have about 4800 friends and a lot of followers but it has been like this for almost three years, no changes, even my profile picture which I find so oooold because it was taken when I was like 17?

Seeing that I have some friend requests, I clicked the accept button and what caught my attention are the 3 weird names with weird profile pictures. One person named Warrior; a profile picture with the dragon in Kung Fu Panda, Goldfish; a profile picture with pouting lips showing and Superman; a profile picture with Superman in glasses. It’s funny, I know and it’s weird as well because I have no mutual friends with these three. I accepted the three requests; anyway, I’m not a fan of SNS so there’s no harm if they’ll gain a ‘friend’ for whatever their purpose is.

I scrolled my home page trying to lay my eyes on something worthwhile but, nada! I can’t find anything interesting. But thanks to Facebook, it took my mind elsewhere. Suddenly, the Goldfish

Just then a message popped in the screen from Goldfish.

[A/N: I changed the fonts to differentiate normal conversations from chats and etc.]

Godlfish: Hi ^.^

 With nothing else to do, I decided to chat with him.

Daralicious Park: hello.

Alright, I know, you might be laughing at my name. It has been my name when I was y and all. Might as well change it to my real name because, ah--- it bothers me now.

Goldfish: Keke~ Daralicious?

Dara Park: SO?

Goldfish: Sorry if I made you mad. :/ Can we be friends?

Dara Park: We’re friends in Facebook.

Goldfish: I know but I want it to be true to life! ;)

Eeew. Did he just gave me that wink smiley? If I was the Dara back then, I’d really love to indulge myself in flirting but now, nuh-uh, I am not like that anymore.

Dara Park: Not interested. Back off.

It took about 5 minutes before Goldfish replied.

Godlfish: You’ve changed. I thought you’d give in, well, not in a bad way though.

Dara Park: Did you just insult me? Sorry to inform you mister but better call the country’s emergency number and find yourself a e in the streets to satisfy your needs and mind you, I am not the hotline number for that.

Goldfish: Hahahahahahaha! You’re funny.

I was infuriated. Gosh! My dilemmas are replaced by anger towards these stupid goldfish.

Dara Park: You add me as a friend to be your clown? Better unfriend you.

Goldfish: Hey! I was just kidding. You don’t have to be grumpy and all. You’re not like that before. Why have you changed?

Why I have changed? It’s because of that---

Goldfish: Do you still remember me?

WHAT? What is this goldfish talking about? No common sense. As if I’d know the person behind the name goldfish if I can’t see the true face. Duh?!

Dara Park: How would I know? Bye.

And before he can even reply, I logged off. I lay flat on my bed and before I knew it, I doze off to bed.

 



Aigoo~ Is it a short update? kekeke. I have so much in mind because it's our finals week. Well anyways, I hope you enjoyed my update. Please do leave comments so I'll know you're insights. ;)
Kamsahamnida! *bows* Cheers!


- Gracefuldiva