Chapter 7: Drunk

Twist of Fate

Kyuhyun grunted when he felt Yoona almost slide off his back and readjusted his posture, throwing her into the air for a second whilst keeping a tight hold on her to help her get into a more comfortable position. Kyuhyun carried her to her apartment since he deemed her as a handicap when she tripped not twice but thrice on air when they were heading to the elevator. And that was when the floor was flat and smooth; there were no stairs or anything.

The drunk male banged his head against the cold, silvery surface of the elevator doors when he realized that he didn’t know her floor number, nor did he know which flat she lived in. Kyuhyun glanced over his shoulder with the intention of waking her up to ask where her floor was but stopped when he saw her peaceful expression. She was sleeping soundly on his back, her eyes were shut and her lashes shadowed over her red cheeks that was still warm due to her intake of alcohol. was slightly parted and Kyuhyun could feel her soft breaths hit his nape, making the tiny hairs on the back of his neck stand up.

“Yoona, Yoona.” He softly called but his speech was slurred due to him being drunk. Yoona stirred but did not open her eyes, instead, she tightened her hold around Kyuhyun’s neck and nuzzled into his thick coat, enjoying the warmth his back was radiating even though she felt hot enough (body temperature wise). “What is it?” She mumbled, her speech was also slurred due to the alcohol and her sleep. “I don’t know your floor number.”

“207.” Yoona garbled and shushed him, trying to get him to stop talking when she felt a sharp pain pound her head after speaking.

The long legged male nodded and pressed the button and smiled in satisfaction when the button lit orange, indicating that an elevator was heading down to where they were. Kyuhyun stumbled through the elevator when he heard the elevator ding, announcing its arrival. Kyuhyun adjusted his back yet again when he felt Yoona start to slide off. He tapped his feet to the boring elevator music –a habit of his- while waiting for the elevator to bring them to Yoona’s floor until Yoona shushed him by unintentionally slapping his nose with the back of her palm; she meant to hit his forehead, but got his nose instead. Yoona didn’t even bother apologizing; she just wanted to hit him to make her point. Kyuhyun’s head slightly fell backwards from the impact and he swore he saw stars when he the pain wouldn’t reside. “Ow!” Kyuhyun exclaimed in pain.

“Shhhh!”

Kyuhyun gave her a side glare but kept his mouth shut and exhaled a sigh of relief when the elevator doors opened. He walked out and scanned the doors to look for door number 207 while occasionally stumbling on imaginary rocks. He adjudged Yoona as a handicap but he wasn’t that good at walking when he was drunk either. Hypocrite, Yoona mentally insulted, not having the guts to speak out loud knowing the pain that would come after her in her head if she did.

Kyuhyun’s face lightened up when he found the door. “I found you!” He whispered to himself. Kyuhyun stood proudly on the brown fuzzy welcome mat and leisurely raised his finger, taking his time to ring the doorbell since he wanted to soak in the feeling of accomplishment as much as he could. He waited outside for five minutes. Those 5 minutes soon turned into ten and it eventually turned into fifteen minutes.

Kyuhyun groaned out of frustration, thick beads of sweat raced down from his forehead to the side of his face. He’s been standing outside her door for fifteen minutes with a fully grown woman -and not to mention grumpy- sleeping on his back. The now sweaty male was annoyed since his coat was suffocating him and he couldn’t take it off since a person was using his back as a freaking pillow. “Yoona.” He violently shook his shoulders, waking Yoona up from her not-so-deep slumber.

“What?” She mumbled, still half awake. “No one’s answering your door.” Surprisingly, he was still drunk, judging from the way he misarticulated his words.

“That’s because I’m outside and not inside so I can’t answer the door, you dumbo.” Yoona retorted, her speech no longer seemed like she was jumbling words since she was just a bit drunk. She jumped away from Kyuhyun’s comfortable back to open her door but fell when her limbs weren’t ready to handle her light weight. Yoona was still drunk so there was no room for embarrassment in her body, just confidence, something she sort of lacked when she was sober. Once Yoona got back up, she shoved Kyuhyun aside and let her head hang low while she scrambled through her bag and looked for her key.

“Damn it. It’s not opening. Why won’t it go in? Stay still!” Yoona yawped, frustrated. Her head kept lolling back and forth since she couldn’t keep still, thus making her unable to properly see the keyhole and unlock the door. Kyuhyun nudged her aside, making Yoona stumble a bit before catching herself by leaning on the cold, smooth wall. “Let me do it.” He boasted before grabbing the key and confidently raised both his hands acting like he was about to do something major. He kneeled down until he was eye-to-eye with the silver inanimate object that was preventing them from entering Yoona’s apartment. He eyed the key hole with such concentration that it momentarily convinced Yoona that it would soon melt under his gaze. Yoona soon snapped out of it and realized that he needed the key so she handed him the silver sharp edged metal, “Here’s the key.”

“I don’t need the key.”

Yoona raised her right brow, “Then what are you going to use to open the door?”

“Just watch.” The kneeling male spoke, his tone cocky and full of arrogance.

“Open, Sesame!” He chanted, his eyes wide and his palm were open, looking like he was a man who was waiting to catch a ball. When it wouldn’t work, he tried again, “Open, Sesame!”

“It’s not working.” Yoona yawned, her tone bored.

“That’s because two people have to do it!” He pulled her down and forced her to face the door. “Together.”

“Open, Sesame!” He chanted, doing the same motion with his hands, believing that his open palms would do the trick. “Do it with me!” He whined and continuously shook Yoona’s arm. “Alright! Alright!” She gave in to his request when her head started to ache due to his constant whining and pestering.

“This is so stupid.” Yoona said in a boring manner when she was kneeled down beside Kyuhyun but nevertheless, she followed Kyuhyun’s request -or as she would like to put it, command- in order to get him to stop talking. “Open, Sesame!”

“With feeling! You need to have feeling! You have to be sincere!” He whined.

“You don’t know anything!” The drunken male screamed right in Yoona’s  face and stomped his feet on the welcome mat, still in a kneeling position.

“Okay! Okay!” Yoona screamed back, making their breaths which stunk of alcohol hit each other’s faces. They backed away from each other when the stench travelled to their noses.

“1..2..” he counted, “…3”

“Open Sesame!” Both of them yelled and paused for a second to see if the door would open.

“It’s not working. You’re stupid.” Yoona claimed after she realized how ridiculous it was to wait for the door to open by itself by shouting ‘Open, Sesame’.

“You’re stupid for believing me!” Kyuhyun cackled while rolling on the floor with his hand on his stomach. His laughs reverberated across the hall, probably disturbing the neighbors from the sleep. Surprisingly, no one had come out of their apartments to scream at the two bickering adults who were disturbing their time for sleep.

Yoona grew irritated with Kyuhyun’s laughter and kicked his hip with the sole of her foot. She set herself down in front of the door and looked at the metal door hole and kept her gaze on it. Slowly, she picked the key back up without tearing her gaze away and stealthily inserted the key. She grinned in victory when she heard the familiar sound of the door being unlocked. Yoona jumped up and raised her hands up, cheering. “I told you so!” She hopped around Kyuhyun, dancing her victory dance and chanted the four words all over again. She stopped when she felt like a wrecking ball had hit her head over and over again and clutched the side of her head.

Kyuhyun didn’t notice the way Yoona clutched her head in pain  and instead waved her off with a submissive hand wave. “Whatever.” He said before proceeding to stand up, which he took his time with, making him look like an old man getting up from the chair and headed inside Yoona’s apartment. Yoona followed and fumbled with the light switch before flipping it and turning it on, inducing a bright light in the once dark room and made them squint at the intense glow.

Yoona staggered to the couch while Kyuhyun walked behind her like a lost puppy since he was unaccustomed to the environment, even though he’s been there once.

“Ah. It’s hot.” Kyuhyun commented. The thought of this apartment not being his disappeared with the wind when he proceeded to remove his coat and polo, showing his milky white skin. Yoona was clueless to Kyuhyun’s stripping since her head was lying at the top of her couch with her face faced towards her white ceiling with her eyes closed. Kyuhyun sighed in satisfaction when he felt the cool air hit his warm unclothed upper body. A soft smile played on his pink lips when he saw Yoona laying her head on the couch with her eyes shut in a serene mien.

“Stop staring at me.” Yoona murmured, her face was still slightly red from the alcohol. Her lower lip was slightly jutted out and made her look like she was pouting a bit, which Kyuhyun found enchanting.

“Okay,” he absent mindedly said while moving closer to Yoona’s face. Their faces were inches away now, Yoona’s eyes were still closed while Kyuhyun stared at Yoona’s plump pink lips that seemed to be inviting him in, drawing him closer.

“I told you to stop staring.” Yoona whispered when she felt Kyuhyun’s gaze on her even though her eyes were closed, her warm breathe hitting Kyuhyun’s face. “Don’t be so conceited. I’m not staring at you,” Kyuhyun’s eyes were still fixed on her lips, wondering what it would taste like. Yoona slowly opened her eyes that were still thick with sleep and was taken aback when she saw Kyuhyun’s face up close but remained stoic as to not let him know that she was surprised by his prank. “Then what are you staring at?” Yoona said in a challenging tone. Kyuhyun smirked and said, “Your lips,” before swooping in and holding her lips captive Yoona’s lips with his own, solving his curiosity at the same time. Her lips tasted sweet and addictive, something Kyuhyun would never get bored of even if a hundred years had passed.

Yoona’s dark brown bambi eyes doubled in size when she felt something soft touch her lips. She raised her hands to push him away, but Kyuhyun wouldn’t budge. Instead, he raised his arms that were resting at his sides and brought one hand up to cup Yoona’s soft cheek while the other was tightly wrapped around Yoona’s slim waist, bringing her closer and minimizing the space between them. They were so close together that even a thin paged comic book wouldn’t be able to escape if you placed it between them. That is, if you could even separate them to put it there in the first place.

 Yoona’s hands were awkwardly trapped between their chests, she squirmed uncomfortably and tried to wriggle her hands free but Kyuhyun wouldn’t allow it. Yoona resisted and attempted to move away from him, trying to convince herself that she hated his warm embrace. She gave up when she realized that Kyuhyun wasn’t going to let her go any time now and succumbed to him when she started enjoying the feeling of Kyuhyun’s sloppy lips on hers.

Yoona slowly brought her hands up to wrap around Kyuhyun’s neck and closed her eyes to savor the moment. It started out with a simple peck, but Yoona’s taste was so moreish that Kyuhyun couldn’t get enough of it and wanted more, so he started moving his lips against hers with more force this time but not too much. Kyuhyun was being gentle with her since it was their first time and he didn’t want to freak her out.

Yoona’s mind was hazy and she felt light headed, she didn’t know whether it was due to the lack of oxygen that Kyuhyun was stealing or if it was due to the alcohol. All Yoona knew was that she wanted to bask in this moment because all her worries and pain and everything she was struggling with seemed to disappear. She felt safe and warm in Kyuhyun’s embrace. Despite having a boyfriend before, Yoona was still a complete novice to this situation and didn’t know what to do so she hesitantly moved her lips and tried to follow his movements.

A smile tugged on Kyuhyun’s lips when he felt Yoona give in, making him tighten his hold around her, if that was even possible since Yoona was as close as she could get already. Sensing her hesitance, he slowed down his pace and matched Yoona’s, waiting for her to get the hang of it. The latter’s awkwardly placed hands soon reached up to his matted hair out of instinct and tangled her hand in his brown locks, making it messier than it was in the first place. Their movements were soon synchronized at their own pace and eventually, everything had disappeared. Yoona’s apartment and everything else faded away, leaving only the two of them in their own world, filled with complete bliss. They reluctantly pulled away when their natural instincts to do whatever it takes to breathe surfaced back up.

Both of them were gasping for air once they pulled away. Yoona was struggling for air, feeling like she’s fallen off a boat. Her whole body was lurching. If it wasn’t for her sitting on the couch, she would’ve lost balance and fallen to her knees.

Their labored breathing was all that could be heard in the quiet room, no one spoke a word. The words seemed to be spoken through their previous actions and the eye contact they were having right now. Neither of them looked away, nor did they have the intention of doing anything else.

“Yoona,” Kyuhyun heaved, sounding dazed. His fingers were placed on his glossy lips that formed a serendipitous smile. Yoona said nothing; her brain was still in the middle of processing what had just taken place.

The silence shattered like broken glass when Kyuhyun finally found the courage to speak again, “I like you,” each word rolled of his tongue perfectly, as if he had been practicing it, which he probably did being the heedful person he was.

Time seemed to stop for both of them when Kyuhyun spoke those three words. Yoona froze. Kyuhyun was the second person in her entire life for someone to say those words with such sincerity, she didn’t know if she was ready for that sort of commitment again after what happened with Daehyun. Actually, Yoona didn’t even know if she liked Kyuhyun at all, it’s just that her heart seemed to beat erratically every time he was near, her brain would comment on how good looking he was whenever he comes closer and her heart would ache at the thought of them not being together. Right, Yoona didn’t know if she liked him back or not.

“I don’t know what to say.” Yoona looked down when she saw how crestfallen Kyuhyun looked. The guilt was boiling up in , and she wanted nothing but to take those words back and swallow them so that no one would hear it ever again and pretend like it never happened. Yoona couldn’t believe that she had the guts to reject him after everything he’s done for her.

Speaking of swallowing things, Yoona could no longer swallow the bile that was building up in .

The silence that once clouded the room was gone, only the hurling noises coming from Yoona’s throat could be heard. Kyuhyun’s face turned pale after realizing that Yoona had vomited on his chest and turned green a little bit later when he caught sight of Yoona’s vomit. Feeling nauseous from the sight of another person’s bile drip down his bare chest, Kyuhyun turned his head to spew his own share of vomit.

Yoona clutched her stomach and ran to the bathroom with Kyuhyun following close behind. Kyuhyun threw up all of his stomach’s contents into Yoona’s white porcelain sink and felt even sicker when he saw what the food he deliciously ate earlier looked like now. He the sink and splashed the water onto his face and mouth, trying to gargle to bits of half digested food that was left in his mouth. Once he was done washing up, he looked around for Yoona and found her kneeling in front of the toilet bowl with her head inside, disgorging everything she ate earlier. He quietly kneeled down beside Yoona and held her hair to get it out of her way. Kyuhyun softly patted her back and looked away since he knew looking at her vomit would make him want to puke all his insides out.

Kyuhyun slowly turned his head and peeked his eyes open when he no longer heard hurling noises. The slightly sober male looked up at the ceiling and blindly reached for the flush button so that he wouldn’t be able to catch sight of the discharged food waste. Slowly, he brushed Yoona’s stray hair away from her face and chuckled when he found her eyes closed. How she was able to fall asleep right after vomiting her guts out, Kyuhyun didn’t know. All he knew was that he found it cute.

“I guess this is what happens when you like someone, you adore every single little thing about them” Kyuhyun whispered to himself while looking at Yoona’s beguiling face. He effortlessly carried her bridal style and easily spotted her bedroom. He kicked the door open and placed her on her single bed that was situated in the middle of her room. It was the first time he had ever stepped into her room. It was simple and was similar to her living room. The walls had the similar shade of paint to her sitting room. The only difference was that there was a bed instead of a couch and two desks. One was a study desk placed beside her door and a reading lamp placed atop. The other desk was a bedside table. A notepad, pen and alarm clock were sitting on top.

Carefully, he placed Yoona on her bed and paused for a second to take in her delicate, soft features before pulling her covers up and tucking her in. The midnight moonlight seeping through the curtains shone on Yoona’s face, making her seem like she was glowing. Kyuhyun was about to leave when he wanted to take one last look at her before he left. He made himself comfortable on Yoona’s hard floor and cautiously folded his arms on the bed and rested his chin on top. A winsome smile appeared on Yoona’s lips, igniting a spark inside Kyuhyun.

She must be having a good dream, he thought.

He gingerly placed a delicate goodnight kiss on Yoona’s forehead, and closed his eyes before pulling away and leaving her room once and for all. He checked his wrist and was shocked to see that it was three AM. Deciding that it was too late for him to go home, he settled on sleeping on Yoona’s couch but shuddered when a breeze of wind from the air conditioning hit him.

Why is it so cold?, he wrapped his arms around his upper body and was confused when he felt not his polo, but his skin. Slowly, he looked down and jumped when he found out he wasn’t wearing a shirt. “Where’s my shirt?” A horrible thought occurred to him, making his face crumple in horror. He placed his hands on his legs looked down to see if he was wearing any pants. Thankfully, he was.

Another hideous thought struck him. “Did Yoona see me like this?” Feeling insecure, he placed his hands over his unclothed chest and covered himself although there was no one there. With a worried heart, he walked to the couch and picked up his white dress shirt, and put it on. He fastened the buttons with quick hands even though his mind was elsewhere, wondering if Yoona had seen his upper body. He was worried since he doesn’t actually work out and all he had was baby fat.

 In the end, Kyuhyun decided to set the thought aside and just wish that Yoona wouldn’t remember anything the next day. Kyuhyun heaved a heavy sigh and lied down on Yoona’s couch, immediately falling asleep and forgetting his troubling thoughts once his head hit the soft cushion.


A/N: Hello! How are you guys? Are you guys doing fine? ^^

Anyways, is this story getting boring for you? Do you guys have any suggestions or complaints for me when writing the story? Let me know if you do ^-^ I am open to anything! =))

Also, thank you for subscribing to this story! I know it's not that good but still, I appreciate you for reading. Even though I'm still an amateur, I still hope to improve more so bear with me please~ xDD

HAVE A NICE DAY! (: