Chapter 18: It's Not Stalking

Twist of Fate

Yoona still hadn’t called.

Kyuhyun fidgeted and continuously checked his handphone, waiting for her name to appear on his wide LED screen. But it never did, no matter how many times he stared down his phone. It just wouldn’t ring. The shrill tone just wouldn't blast from the speakers of his gadget. He let out a groan of frustration and huffed as he leaned back into his brown leather recliner.

He was vexed. He was mad.

He was mad at the fact that he couldn’t get himself together to concentrate on his work because his mind would constantly wander back to when he embarrassed himself that day. Maybe he made a mistake by confessing to her. Kyuhyun allowed his head to fall and collide with the glass table, the cold flat surface contrasting to his normally warm body temperature. He closed his eyes and allowed his thoughts to wander for the hundredth time that day.

Kyuhyun doesn’t know when he’s become this paranoid man who checked his phone every second. He was never a big fan of highly advanced technologies anyway; he was just in it for the cool games and applications that they constantly developed. He lazily checked his phone that was lying beside his head, a frown etched on his face and his eyebrows crossed as he stared at the plain wallpaper of his device.

No new missed calls.

Kyuhyun makes a mental note to himself to never trust his friend’s advice. Ever. He’s made the mistake of trusting his friend once when he was told to stop being a coward and confess to Yoona, and look how that turned out. But maybe this is his lesson and would serve a remainder to never believe any crap that comes out of his friend’s mouth.

 

“Oh, come on! Grow some balls, Kyuhyun. Just confess to her.”

Kyuhyun scoffed at how light the subject seemed to his colleague. “That’s easy to say when you’re not the one doing it.”

“Look at it this way. You’re the one worrying about it, right?” Kyuhyun nods. Somehow, his friend’s words seemed to convince him. “You don’t know whether you should confess to her. Well once you confess, the worry will be lifted off your shoulders! Instead, she will be the one worrying, constantly wondering whether she would like to go out with you or not. And all you’ll have to do is wait. If she says yes, then good for you. If she says no, then it’s fine. Think of it as an experience. At least you tried,” his friend shrugged.

 

It seemed credible when the words flew out of his mouth that time, and Kyuhyun just remembered that his friend was a lawyer too. How the obvious thought slipped from his mind, he didn’t know. It’s no wonder that his friend was able to convince him easily. Kyuhyu was a fool.

But his friend’s word made it seem so unproblematic, so laid-back, something that seemed like he could achieve with a sharp snap of a finger. He wasn’t supposed to worry about his confession; he wasn’t supposed to be distracted at work because of a certain slim female named Im Yoona. He was supposed to go with the flow and just wait. But he wanted to know the answer now; he didn’t want to wait forever for an answer, for something that might never come. Kyuhyun did not want his confession to Yoona to be an experience, something he tried.

He wanted it to be the mark of the start of their relationship. He was about to let out another worn-out sigh and check his phone when he heard his boss’ voice calling his name, efficiently snapping him out of his stupor. Kyuhyun scrambled to fix his appearance and calmly pretended to look like he hasn’t been slacking off this whole time. He adjusted his tie before burying his fingers into his jet black locks with his elbow on the table, trying to act busy and stressed by scribbling a bunch of tornadoes and unreadable words in a blank paper.  But nothing could leave behind the obvious indented marks left on his left cheek from the files that were lying on the table.

“No lounging around, Cho. I do not pay you to sleep in your office all day.”

“No, sir,” Kyuhyun immediately replied with a strained voice because he hasn’t been conversing with anyone for the past few hours. His boss nodded approvingly before giving him a smirk and tapped his cheek and left Kyuhyun’s office. The disoriented man was left in a state of confusion when the door finally closed, his thoughts muddled when he tried to wonder why his boss would tap his cheek.

Was he asking for a kiss on the cheek or –oh. Crap, Kyuhyun cursed when his eyes met the reflection of his disheveled state on the glass frame standing proudly in front of his desk. He hisses and rubs the side of his face as an attempt to get rid of the marks left lovingly by the paper but his attempts were proved futile when he was left with a red left cheek.

 

“Sehun-ah, she isn’t calling me,” Kyuhyun complains to his friend with his face buried in the boy’s pillow. The lawyer decided that he needed someone to talk to and seeing how everyone was busy with their own hectic world and he hadn’t seen Sehun in a while, he decided to visit his trusty friend.

“Have you tried calling her?”

 Sehun was sitting on his rotating chair by his wooden desk, a hot cup of seafood flavored instant noodles warmly embraced by his hands. He slurps a bundle of noodles and chokes when the noodles accidentally slither into his throat without being chewed. The clumsy man scrambles for a glass of water and when he doesn’t find any, he rushes to the kitchen to soothe his burning throat.

Meanwhile, the solemn man lying down on Sehun’s twin bed was still weeping, his whines come off slightly high pitched and plain annoying.

“I didn’t want to bother her,” he says gravely. When he hears no replies or the occasional loud slurps of instant noodle, he raises his head to peek at his acquaintance and is disappointed when he sees the black chair empty.

“Everybody leaves me!” he wails dramatically, and stands up to sluggishly walk over to the desk and eat the now bloated instant noodles, he needs some carbs to fulfill his empty heart and this was the best he could get.

“I’m sorry, what were you sayi- hey, that was mine!”

Was,” Kyuhyun emphasizes and sips the concentrated soup left in the styrofoam cup. “And my heart is broken, leave me alone.”

Sehun sighs, “excuse me while I make another one.”

“No,” Kyuhyun pleads and latches on to the boy’s frail wrist. “Don’t leave me.”

“But you just ate my dinner!”

“I’ll get you dinner, anything you want,” he states firmly with big reassuring eyes. “But in one condition.”

Sehun was this close to exploding. His stomach was grumbling and when he gets hungry, he gets grumpy. What’s a guy got to do to eat some food around here?

“I can buy my own food, thanks you very much.” He releases his frail wrist from the desperate man’s strong grip. “Why do I have to follow your conditions just for you to get me dinner when I can get my own?”

“No, instant food isn’t good for you.” Sehun mentally scoffs, says the person who just ate my instant noodles. “I’ll get you real food, come on.”

The heart broken mean places the now empty cup of instant food full of formaldehyde and drags the frail man with him without giving him a chance to even look at himself before they leave the apartment.

“Wait wait wait, I need to get my keys and my jacket. Hyung, wait!”

 

“This is stalking,” Sehun states with his pale bony arms crossed over his stomach as an attempt to try and ignore the constant pleadings of his tummy for some grub.

“Oh, please. You can barely call this stalking. It’s… watching,” Kyuhyun replies as he leans back on the driver seat, his eyes trained on the entrance of Yoona’s apartment building. It is evening, and the light emitting from the light post reflects in the man’s eyes, giving his orbs a sheeny twinkle. “Yeah,” he says to himself and nods, as if trying to convince himself.

“I can get you arrested for this.”

“No you can’t. I’m hardly doing anything illegal.”

Sehun shoots a bullet through Kyuhyun’s cranium a fair amount of times in his head to make up for the hunger in his tummy. “Can we go eat now?”

“Not yet. I just need to see her for a bit then we can go.”

“We’ve been waiting her for hours, hyung! Face it, you’re not going to see he-“

“Look! There she is!” Kyuhyun points excitedly. “Isn’t she a beauty?”

“Dude, you’re making me throw up,” he groans. “Open the windows, I think I’m going to suffocate from the love you’re emanating right now.”

The love struck male pays no heed to the sarcastic starving man and keeps his eyes trained on Yoona and lets out a dreamy smile when he sees her enter her building safely, completely oblivious to the male staring at her from afar and the effect she has on him.

“Alright, let’s go.”

“Wait.” Sehun holds the older man’s arm to stop him from backing up the drive way. “That’s it? We waited for this long –I waited this long in the cold for this long just so you can see her walk for five seconds?!” he exclaims with rage and annoyance.

Kyuhyun nods and backs up anyway before driving to the main road. “Yeah.”

Sehun cries out with indignation, “you better get me something real good or you’re going ot have a hard time contacting me in the future.”

All Sehun got was a jumbo hotdog that night and some money for the cab fare for his ride home. Needless to say, the tall famished man was pissed and the two buddies would not be talking for a long time.


A/N: This chapter is unedited. I am so so sorry for not updating for so long. I've gotten lazy (scratch that i've always been lazy) and this story has gotten off track. So I was sort of confused with what to do and I am so sorry for presenting you guys with these crappy chapters. .___. Hopefully, i'll know what to do with them soon.

On another note, HAPPY NEW YEAR! (In advance). I hope you guys have a great year! /(^o^)/

I am so glad 2014 is ending. This was a y year.