Chapter 2

Saranghaeyo, Sonsaengnim!

 

Later that night @ Soo Hyun's residence

 


KIM SOO HYUN shut down his laptop and walked towards the balcony of his apartment, facing the busiest city in Seoul. He had just done uploading the online quiz for his students, thus finishing his task for the day. He rests his arms on the balcony rail, his hands holding a cup of hot chocolate. He took one sip from the hot chocolate while enjoying the night city view which is filled with neons and city lights. The city is busy as always, with continuous honks from the vehicles. But luckily he was at the 30th floor of the apartment and so the noises are indistinct from his house. 

Across the apartment where his balcony faces there is a large animated billboard that puts up advertisements and sometimes breaking news. He rarely pays attention to that billboard but somehow the advertisement on the billboard that night has caught his attention.

It was a highly branded cosmetic products advertisement. He knew very well that the products were made in Korea and was promoted at international level. But that was not the case here. What really caught his attention is the model for the products. The ambassador of the product. 

Kwon Yuri.

That name somehow rings the bell. No, that name has been kept in his mind for so long... and in his heart too. 

Are you doing well?

Looking at her even in the billboard is enough to make his heart aches upon recalling the past memories.

 


Meanwhile, later that night @ Young Hee's residence

 

LEE YOUNG HEE threw herself on the bed and looked at the ceiling. There was stars sticked on the ceiling which would glow in the dark. When she was little, those stars would help her doze off to sleep and that was how she gets used to not having a mum's lullaby before going to sleep. She stared blankly at the ceiling while pulling herself into deep thoughts of recalling the incident that happened earlier that afternoon. 

Kim Soo Hyun. Kim Soo Hyun. Kim Soo Hyun. Kim Soo Hyun. 

She had the name repeatedly in her head. She couldn't help herself from thinking about the incident that happened early that afternoon. Within just an hour, the nightmare of having herself scolded by Soo Hyun was dissolved when he personally came to her and offered to discuss the questions she wished to ask. Within an hour, he had made her like him even more. Within an hour, he could make a nightmare turned to be the most precious memory ever. She still couldn't believe her eyes that Kim Soo Hyun was standing in front of her, staring directly at her eyes and then looked away, his adam's apple moved up and down. She couldn't believe her eyes to see him walking towards the seat next to her and sat down and even pouted his lips while giving her a death glare, asking her to sit down just to give her the chance to ask him the questions. She still couldn't believe the fact that he had dragged his stubborn ego and his cold self to sit next to her and had a discussion with her. Although that was for a short period of time, it meant a lot to her. It is enough to drive her madly insane. 

She took a pillow and covered her face and screamed inside and shook her legs in excitement. 

And then she heard the 'Dream High' song playing from her phone. 

Young Hee picked her phone up and saw the person calling her.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Yah, how much did you get for the quiz?" Sulli speaks from the other side. Did she just say quiz? She jumped up in shock.

"Damn it! I haven't done the quiz yet! What time is it now?"

"Boyaa, it's almost 11pm, palli do it now!" 

"Damn it! I gotta go! Talk to you later!" she hung up the phone and rushed to the desk and switch on her laptop.