Missing

That Bastard

(play this while reading)

 

 

- Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.-

 

I open my eyes as I feel the warm yet gentle sunlight as it reach my face. I shift to side to avoid it but then, I can't help but to smile when I heard a soft chuckle beside my ears, followed by a soft brush across my cheek.

 

"Now you're awake..." that voice sounded rasp from the sleep and yet, to my ears... it's sweet enough.

 

"Don't disturb me.. Let me sleep okay.. I'm tired." I whined childishly, pretending that I'm annoyed but he know that I don't. I try to shift to the side but he hugged me tight, preventing me to do so.

 

"What's the matter?". I ask him softly when he hide his face in the crook of my neck. Something is not right because since I know him, I've learnt that he does this whenever he felt venurable.

 

"Are you okay?". I reach my hand and return his hug, running my hand through his smooth hairs. He didn't answer, so I immediately planted a soft kiss on his forehead. The sleepyness that I felt had long gone by now.

 

A moment later, I felt him move and now, his eyes meet mine. He stares at me while grazing his thumb on my cheeks. I put my palm on his hand and leaned into his touch.

 

"I love you.. Whatever that happen, please don't forget it." He whisper softly, together with a soft smile on his face and I return his confession with a small peck on his pink lips.

 

"I love you more that you could ever imagine." I said to him. He already know it, I know but if he want me to tell him everyday... I would do it.

 

"Come on.. Let's snuggled for five more minutes before we go." He said, pulling me close and I can't stop grinning. I put my head on his chest, hearing to his steady heartbeat while he put his hand around my waist. It's wonderful on how our body seems to fit perfectly with each other.

 

There no word need to be said right now because this silences is enough for both of us. It was one of the perfect morning that I had since I know him.. Since I love him. Our presence is enough for us to feed our love and for it to grow.

 

"I need to cook breakfast." He said suddenly but still not moving from where he is now and his arm is still on it's right place, around my waist.

 

"Well, it your turn." I let out a soft chuckle.

 

"What do you want for breakfast my prince?". He ask playfully and I leaned away a bit, staring at his face.

 

"You." I said before I kiss him. He was caught off guard and before he could respond I immediately get up, running toward the bathroom.

 

"Yahhh! Come here you rascal!". I can't help but to laugh when I heard he yell, clearly feeling mad. I know it soon would dissolve into a smile. I heard soft footsteps walking toward my direction and it stops right in front of the bathroom door.

 

"Yah.." I smiled as I heard his soft voice, calling for me. "Don't do that often.."

 

"Why?". I ask him, pretending like I don't know and I could almost feel that he's grinning on the other side.

 

"Cause it bad for my heart." He said simply and then, a silences befall on us. "Anyway.. What you want for breakfast?". He ask and I dissolve into a smile. I walk closer toward the bathroom door and place my hand on it.

 

"I'll eat everything you cook for me."

 

"Alright." He said and I hear his footsteps, walking away from me. From some reasons, I feel empty.

 

*********************

 

As soon as I finish dressing up, I walk down the stairs, heading toward the kitchen. I smile again when I walk passed the hallway where the picture of us was hanged there. I stop in front of the picture in the biggest frame which I loved the most. It's our wedding picture. He's smiling so widely in this, showing his perfect white teeth. His smile is one of the reasons why I fall in love with him because whenever he smile, those smile comes from his heart.

 

I kiss that picture before I continuing my pace. I stop when I saw his back at the kitchen. He seems busy, chopping something on the counter. I sneaked in as quiet as I can before I slips my hand around his waist, taking him my suprise.

 

"Aishh.. You almost gave me a heart attack you know.. Don't do that." He scolded me but I just brushed it off and instead I put my head on his shoulder.

 

"What are you doing?". I ask him when I see him cutting some carrots. I don't know if he do it on purpose, but those carrots is different in size and shape. I have to bite my lips to stop myself from laughing.

 

"Cutting some carrots." He answered and I found it adorable when he looked so engrossed with the carrots. I planted a kiss on his cheek but he didn't notice it. I continue to watch him work but soon it's getting unbearable to watch the way he cut those vegetable, so I decide to in.

 

"It's not like that." I said softly. He tried to protest but calm down instantly when I put my hand on his, guiding them to cut properly.

 

"You should do it like this." I said and he leaned into me. Soon, it become quiet again. Only the sound of me chopping vegetable could be heard.

 

"Hey.." He finnaly break the silences. I just hummed softly as an answer. "I love your hands."

 

"Why?". I ask him and I notice that his attention now is on my hand.

 

"Don't know.." He said softly. "Maybe because it's warm and adorable." He turn his hand and intertwined his finger with mine before he planted a kiss on it. He felt so warm too.

 

"We would starve to death if you continue doing that you know." I joked and he chuckle.

 

"Ah, alright.. Alright.. By the way, I forget my phone upstairs." He said, parting away from me.

 

"Yah.. you just want to escape from cooking breakfast don't you?". He just laughed before he turn and walk away.

 

"Your cooking is better than mine after all." I smiled upon hearing his voice as he rush upstairs.

 

I laughed and continue to chop the vegetable when his voice disappear. I heard a faint crash upstairs and my hand stops moving for a while. Silences befall on me. I look around and I notice that this kitchen somehow look shabby and sad. However I ignore the feeling and continue to cook.

 

/KRINGGG KRINGGG KRINGGG/

 

I move my head to the side, staring at the phone that is ringing on the nearby table. He's still not here.. I need to be here until he comes because he'll be upset if I didn't wait for him.

 

Soon, the phone stop ringing followed by a low beep sound, indicating that the call has been connected to voice mail. I stay at my place as it replaying the caller voice.

 

'Seungriya.. Are you ready? The ceremonies start at 8.15 a.m. Daesung, hyung and I will come to pick you up...' I feel something warm began to welled up inside of my eyes. 'Seungriya.. We know it's hard for you, I.. I can't even imagine but maknae, you have to be strong. He's in a better place now and you still have us by your side. Don't forget that.

'

A single tears rolled down on my cheek but I quickly wipe it. I don't understand what is it for.. I really don't get it. I heard a soft footsteps walking down the stairs and walk toward me.

 

"Sorry I'm late. I can't find my phone." He said as he sits beside me, flashing his beautiful smile. I stare at him and my heart ached. I hurt so much that I can't stop my tears from falling down and I don't even have courage to wipe it away.

 

"This is delicious Ri! Told you your fried rice taste better." He chuckle but it just make the pain worser. He stare at me. "I love you Seungri." and I break down.