I Love You

That Bastard

"Your application number isn't here.." The taller boy said nervously as he stared at the notice board, looking back and forth at the paper in his hand to the board again. Try to make sure that he didn't overlook the number.

"Yeah... You're right.." The shorter boy said, feeling quite nervous as the elder. He read all the number again and again but unfortunately, his number is not there. Now, more than nervous he feel sad.

"Don't just 'yeah, you're right' me! Search for your number once again. I'm sure it here somewhere..."

Fourteen years old Lee Seungri fix his glasses as he stares down to his feet. He felt like crying to think that he didn't make it after all the hard work he had done. Not that he put so much hope but he don't want to dissapointed both of his parent. Maybe he just the type who won't get smart even he studied hard. Seungri takes a deep breath.. at least he did try his best and his parent know that too. Losing when you've fighting hard doesn't sound that bad after all.

"Yah! What that smiles for? You've failed!". Sixteen years old Kwon Jiyong slaps Seungri on his head, earning a low groan from the younger boy.

"Ouch! What's that for hyung?". Seungri glared at Jiyong, rubbing his poor head softly.

"What that's for?". Jiyong ask back, clearly feeling annoyed. "You've failed! Why you still smiling like that?!". He stares at Seungri, clenching both of his hand into a fist.

"Stop saying 'You've failed! You've failed' at me! I know it already. It's not like I can change anything about it! You making me depressed!". Seungri yelled back, greeted his teeth. People around them start to look at them weirdly.

"Be depressed you idiot!!". Jiyong was feeling frustrated toward the younger because the truth is, he was disappointed.

Seungri bite his lips hard, face redden in anger. "Jiyong hyung, you are mean! Why would you care about me anyway? You've already qualified and even studied there now. It doesn't really matter to you right?!".

"Of course I care! Why did you think I spend my time teaching you everyday? and why did you think I ask your mother to register you to take this exam?!".

Seungri stares at Jiyong questionaly, trying to understand what the older mean by this. He thought Jiyong was forced to come to his house and teach him every weekends by his mother. Even Jiyong said that himself. Why would he be bothered now?... and why Jiyong cover his face? and why his face was red? Does this angered him so much?. Seungri continue to stare at the elder face, blinking his eyes as he try to find the answer for all question in his mind right now.

"Seungri, you... you..." Seungri feel more confused than he is now when he see Jiyong's eyes somehow glistening.. as if he was about to cry. He want say something but before he could, Jiyong turn his back and run away.

"Seungri, you idiot!!"

Seungri was dumbfounded when Jiyong left him behind. "Hyung! Wait!". He try to call but Jiyong already gone.

That day, it was the last time Seungri ever sees Jiyong.

Seungri and Jiyong goes to the same night tuition class. Back then, he didn't like the older. Not even a bit because Jiyong loves to bully him everytime they met. Seungri wore glasses because he can't see well without it and that's make him look like a nerd while Jiyong was the popular guy. He cloths always up to date and he's genius too. Everyone wants to be his friend unlike Seungri.

Seungri didn't really care about that because he don't want to be friends with someone like Jiyong either but then, one day his mother told him that her friend will come to their house. Seungri was excited because her mother told him that her friend will bring her son too. Maybe they can be friends but unfortunately, that boy was none other but that famous Kwon Jiyong.

Seungri excuses himself to his room because he don't want to see Jiyong. He remember how his heart feel like it going to explode when his mother suggested that Jiyong be his tutor and Jiyong's mother immediately. After all, Jiyong is a genius. He was shaking in fear as he notice Jiyong devilish smirk.

The next week, Jiyong start his home tutor and Seungri was praying hard that nothing bad will happen. Their studies sessions turn out to be better than Seungri think and to his suprise, although that Jiyong is a little bit cocky... he is a nice boy. Just like an older brother that he never had. Little by little Seungri start to enjoy Jiyong presence in his life until that little argument happen and Jiyong disappear completely. Just like he never exist in the first place. Seungri feels bad, to think that maybe Jiyong started to hate him.

As for Seungri, after he failed the exam... he enrolled into community high school. He makes new friends but sometimes he did think about Jiyong. And now, a start of summer with an exam nearing soon makes his remember Jiyong even more.

Seungri taps his pen gently on his lips, staring at the clear blue sky from his classroom's window. 'Jiyong hyung... I wonder what are you doing now?'. Seungri whisper softly..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~****~

Meanwhile...

"Jiyong! Kwon Jiyong!". The teacher yell and now everyone turn their head to the back, staring at the cherry red headed boy who seems lost in his own world.

Jiyong ignore them all and continue to stare at the clear blue sky. It's beautiful and somehow the skies remind him of someone. That person like to stares at skies too because blue is his favourite colour. 'I wonder what are you doing now...' He whisper softly.

"Kwon Jiyong!". The teacher's voice snaps him out from his thought. "Do you ever listen to the lesson seriously?".

Jiyong smirk. "So you're telling me that I'm not serious?". He said, turning his head lazily to the white board. "The answer for question number three is x = -5 and the answer for question number four is y = 2."

As he finishes, the whole class was filled with whisper and even a soft squeal from the girls. The teacher was silenced for a while before he fake a cough. "Well then, being a genius is not enough. Your grade can still being held back by your class participation." The teacher said annoyingly before he continue teaching the class.

Being a genius in school make Jiyong as their precious assets. It was Jiyong who make the school name well known with his good grades and participation in quiz, match or something like that. He also good at sports and these is the reasons why they don't expelled him no matter how many rules that he'd breaks.

The school close their eyes when Jiyong change his hair colour twice a month. The student also hailed him, so no one complain but acctualy Jiyong did all that on purpose. He want to be expelled because no matter how good this school is, it's not that he cares anyway,... it just that, he don't want to keep on studying here. That's why he acted like a diva, spoiled brat or whatever but they still want to keep him instead.

Jiyong ruffled his red hair in frustration, letting a deep sigh that have been building up inside his lung before he put his head on the table and stares back at the blue sky.

 

It's not like I want to attend this school... maybe I used to... but now..

Jiyong close his eyes as his mind picturing an image of a boy with cute panda eyes and chubby cheeks. Lee Seungri.. He miss how that boy whine everytime he .. how the boy would smiles everytime he gave him strawberry candy. How he miss his Seungri.

But then, as much as he miss that kid. He don't have guts to go and meet him after he ran away two years ago. He doesn't mean to run away that time. It just that it make him frustrated when Seungri clearly don't care if they don't attend same school. The younger hates him, why would he care.. but then, Jiyong was in love. He falls for Seungri since the first time they met at their tuition class. At first he don't want to admit it, that's why he bullied Seungri.. just to get rid of the feeling but the more he try, the more he fall for that boy and Jiyong is the person who when he fall, he fall so hard.

But now, everything seems so impossible.. maybe Seungri had already forget about him and worst maybe he's in relationship with someone. Jiyong sighed heavily, silently praying that time will go faster. He still has to spend another one and half years at this school.

'Five years in this school feels like crap...'

"Eherm... Jiyong, you did realize that we can hear your thought right?". The teacher cleared his throat and some of the student chuckled softly. Jiyong couldn't care less. "We understand your misery but please.. don't speak your 'thought' out loud and please stop sighing."

"I want to sleep... Wake me up when the class is over." Jiyong said nonchalantly before closing his eyes. The teacher just could shake his head and continue teaching.

After the time that feels like eternity, school finnaly end. Jiyong yawned as he walk toward the main gate. Today is just like yesterday and all the day before... boring and dull. If only Seungri was here.

"Jiyong hyung!". A loud cheery voice call him from behind but Jiyong choose to ignore and continue to walk. However, as he predicted that person won't gave up.

"Hyung! Wait up!". Daesung, his energetic dongsaeng run to his side, wrapping his arm around his neck. Jiyong continue to pretend like Daesung is invisible.

"Eyy~ hyung.. How could you ignore me when I'm right here beside you?". Daesung cling on Jiyong more, hoping that he could gain the older attention but to no avail.. Jiyong continue to ignore him. "Jiyong hyung, if you don't stop and talk to me.. I'll start singing trot right at your ears."

Jiyong rolled his eyes annoyingly as he stops and turn his face toward the younger. "What you want? Make it quick.."

Daesung smiles brightly that Jiyong could swear it could almost burn his eyes. "Well, next week we're having a party at The Avalanche and we're inviting the girls from Dongwan highschool too.."

"Not interested." Jiyong said flatly as he turn his back and try to walk away but Daesung hold his arm tightly, preventing him to do so.

"Hyung.. Please. If you don't come, than the girl won't come too. I've invited Seunghyun and Youngbae hyung. They agree and now It's only you left. You know when four of us together, we almost unstoppable!". Daesung pumped his fist to the air excitedly.

"Dae, you know I don't swing that way. Everyone know that.. even the girls.." Jiyong frowned but Daesung just don't want to give up.

"I know but the girls want you to come too.. You know how they love your chick and y image hyung.. No one can resist you hyung... Beside, I kind of told them that you gonna perform." Daesung continue to plead, staring at Jiyong with his puppy eyes.

'Seungri can resist me.."He thought to himself.

"Wait, you what?!" He stares at the younger in disbelieve and Daesung flinched.

"Please hyung.." Daesung said in his tiny voice.

Jiyong rub his face with his palm. Sometimes, having someone like Daesung as his dongsaeng sure is tiring. "Look, I'm sorry Dae but hell no, I'm not going to perform anything... Just tell them I'm sick or whatever.."

Aside from being genius in study, Jiyong also a musical genius. He write his own songs and even held a small concert at their school ceremonies or other event. His talent in music is just undeniable that he has his own fan club. This is one of the reasons why other student don't care if he wear piercing or dyed his hair twice a month.

"Hyung, okay.. How about we make a deal? I'll do anything you want.. You also can leave the party if you feel uncomfortable.. You just need to show your face and perform. Please hyung.."

Jiyong stops for a while to think. It's not like he don't like to go to the club or uncomfortable with the girls. They admire him and of course he loved to be admired but more than being admired by them.. he only prefer to be admired by one person. Lee Seungri.. Wait, maybe this is the great chance to meet that boy.

Jiyong stares at Daesung as he smiles widely at his brilliant idea. "I will come.." He said and the younger yell excitedly. "But! Only if you invite student from YoungHwa highschool too."

Daesung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "That stupid community high school? Why?". He ask innocently but that make Jiyong snaps.

"Don't call it stupid!". He grab the younger by his collar and Daesung began to scream dramatically.

"I'm sorry!". Daesung said, hiding his face behind his hand.

"Kwon Jiyong." Jiyong was about to pull the younger's ear when he heard someone call him.

"What?". He said annoyingly but then when he see who the person is, his face turn expressionless. He loosened his grip on Daesung and finnaly let him go.

He stares at the tall and slim women in front of him. She smiles at him and suddenly, something clicked in his mind. "Seungri's mom." He says softly.

"You must be doing well Jiyong-ah." The pretty lady smiles softly.

"You preferred older girl hyung?". Jiyong snaps out from his thought as Daesung whisper teasingly at his ear.

Jiyong glared at the younger. "On your knees, hands up! Don't get up until I allow you." Like an obedient puppy, Daesung immediately takes his scolding position while Jiyong walk toward the lady.

"Mrs Lee.. It's a pleasure to meet you again." He said, bowing politely to her.

She smiles softly. "You've grown up a lot.. and nice hair you got there."

"Ahh.. it just for fun." Jiyong smiles shyly, running his fingers through his cheery hair. He want to ask about Seungri but he has no strength to do so.

"Jiyongie.. I want to ask you a favor." Mrs Lee's voice snap him out from his thought. 

"Yes ma'am". He said nervously, earning a soft chuckle from her. 

" I haven't seen your mother for a while now, so if she have free time, could you tell her to come to my house this weekend. I have something to discuss about." She smiled and Jiyong just could picture Seungri smile because it same.

Jiyong could feel his heart start to beat faster. He was nervous because maybe, he can finnaly meet Seungri. "Okay.. I'll tell my mother about this."

Mrs Lee chuckled softly, patting Jiyong's shoulder. "Arraso.. See you later. Send my regard to your mother neh."

Jiyong nod excitedly and bow to the for the last time. He couldn't help himself from grinning from ear to ear as he felt incredibly happy. Maybe this is just the beginning of the best day ever in his life.

Now Jiyong need to decide what to wear, also he need a new hair style. He can't go and meet Seungri like this. Although he already handsome and charming like this but for Seungri, he need to be beyond charming. He need to seduce that kid and make him head over heels in love with him. Jiyong just can't wait! He need to go shopping for new cloth now.

"Hyung! How about me?". Daesung ask with his miserable voice as Jiyong about to walk away.

"Come on Dae! I have some shopping to do." He call and the younger immediately get up, running toward him. "By the way, you don't have to invite student from Younghwa high school. I only need one person from that school to go after all." Jiyong smirk.

 

*Maybe continued...