Ice-SCREAM

Uri Sarang - Our Love

 

Chapter Eight

 

 

The atmosphere in Taiwan seemed to have spread over to Seoul as well. It was heartbreak season all around, and not just for the guys. Heechul had to keep answering the dorm’s main phone line, all the while explaining to four different girls that it was over between them and his friends.

 

“No, Jungsoo oppa isn’t here right now”

 

“Yes, Yesung-shi is away for the weekend”

 

“I understand that he ended things badly, but you need to move on”

 

“Ok, stop calling here now; it’s not good for your health”

 

“I’m sorry you met up with such a bast#$d, next time choose someone better”

 

“You again? Lady, just give it up!”

 

Heechul slammed down the receiver in frustration. What was wrong with all the girls nowadays? Weren’t there enough men around to distract them?

 

“And what the hell is wrong with these boys?! I TOLD them not to give out the dorm number!”

 They would have to change it again. For now, he just pulled out the plug to save his sanity, or what was left of it. “On to better things”, he smiled slyly.

 

Youngstreet was over for the night, Sukira and Shimshimtapa still had to air, which meant that he was alone in the dorm until midnight at least. He took off his coat and made his way to the fridge. After grabbing a bag of pretzels, and taking out a pair of binoculars, he walked over to his newly found stalking-spot.

 

“My ballerina…where are you...” He said in a sing-song voice. He finished his pretzels, but she still didn’t show up. “Maybe she’s sleeping”, he thought disappointedly. He leaned his back against the window, and closed his eyes. He was really tired as well. “I’ll rest too, just for a few moments…”

 

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************


 

Leeteuk let out a yawn as he entered the dorm. “Why are all the lights off?” he thought. He switched them all on, and then spotted Heechul on the floor. “Again”? he asked himself. “But why only this area?”

 

Then he spotted the binoculars near Heechul’s hands.

He picked them up, and moved the curtains abit to look outside, but he didn’t need the binoculars, he could clearly see what Heechul had probably been looking at.  He put his fist in his mouth to keep himself from laughing, and glanced at Heechul again. “ert”, he mouthed.

 

Then he promptly sat down and put the binoculars to his face. “Oh, she’s cooking”, he muttered. He looked at his watch. It was after 12 am, why was this girl awake?

 

All of Leeteuk’s muttering had woken Heechul up from his uncomfortable position. He shifted a little, and then saw Leeteuk grinning with the binoculars in front of his face.

 

“Yah!” He quickly made a grab for them, but Leeteuk was too quick.

“So this is what you’ve been doing every night Chullie”, Teuk laughed while holding the gadget at arms length.

 

Heechul instantly shoved off his embarrassment at getting caught, and responded with: “So what? I’ve seen you do worse! Let go of those, you’re not allowed to see her!”

“Why not? Her entire apartment is open to us! Should I call over the other members to come see?” Leeteuk was bating him.

 

Heechul looked at him in shock. “You wouldn’t…” he said in fear. Usually, he wasn’t afraid of anything, but the thought of losing his new-found hobby was torturous.

 

“I could, but I wont if you let me watch with you”, Leeteuk said craftily.

Heechul sighed in defeat. “Fine, but give me the binoculars. They’re mine”.

“Sure, I don’t need them anyway”, Leeteuk replied.

Heechul gave him a dirty look and then turned his gaze to the apartment across from them.

 

“Ohhh…she must be hungry…” he said. “Wah, she has flour all over her face, how cute!”

“Give me that”, Leeteuk grabbed the binoculars and took a look. “Ah, she’s really pretty, no wonder you’ve been so lost these past few days, I figured that it must be because of a girl, but this…this is more interesting”.

 

“Just remember Jung Soo, I saw her first”, Heechul snapped at him.

 

They watched her get something from the fridge. Then she picked up a plate and made her way to the T.V.

 

“What’s she eating?” Leeteuk asked him.

“It looks like…Ice-cream and pancakes”, he replied. “Look, she’s watching a movie, go find the same channel here”, Heechul said while tapping Leeteuk’s arm.

“Fine, but go get some ice-cream for us too”, Leeteuk replied.

“Fine, we both get up at the count of three”, he said. “One, Two…”

 

They both dashed off to complete their tasks. Heechul ran to the kitchen, and Leeteuk ran to fetch the remote.

 

In a few seconds, they were both back at their spot. Heechul was opening the ice-cream box, and Leeteuk was speeding through channels, trying to match the picture that was on her screen.

 

“Try and figure out what she’s watching”, Leeteuk said exasperatedly.

Heechul focused on her TV screen for a few moments, but couldn’t make out what she was watching. Just then he let out a gasp of shock. “It’s ‘Scream’! She’s watching a horror movie!” he said in a chocked up voice.

 

Leeteuk found the channel, and put the volume up. They both sat still, and watched the girl across from them as she sat cross-legged in front of the T.V.

The first murder scene was about to come up. The boys felt their heartbeats quickening with the scary music. Just when it was about to happen, a number of things occurred in quick succession.

 

The girl covered her face as the killer made his appearance on screen.

Leeteuk and Heechul grabbed each other’s arms, horrified at the thought of something creeping up on all of them.

The killer slashed.

The girl jumped up, screamed, and hid behind her couch.

The boys screamed when she screamed and hid behind each other.

Then all three slowly looked up from their hiding places, clutching their hearts.

 

“Is she really going to watch the entire movie?” Leeteuk asked in a whisper.

“I don’t know, either way, I’m not going to leave her alone”, Heechul responded.

“What are you talking about? She IS alone! Leeteuk argued.

“You know what I mean”, Heechul snapped.

 

Leeteuk went to the other room and brought back some blankets and pillows. He noticed the girl had done the same, and she was settled on her couch. All three of them watched the movie until the end, and all three fell asleep with the lights on, afraid at what might jump out at them in the dark.