The Snow White Coat

Uri Sarang - Our Love

 Heathrow airport.  It was mid-February. The airport was busy as usual, with people coming in and out, all bundled up against the cold. It hadn’t snowed in London in quite a while, but the temperature right now was past freezing. A tall gentleman made his way towards the ticket counter, followed by his attendants. There was not much for him to do, as his manager had already booked and settled his flight for him. He would leave within the hour. That left him with enough time to relax and grab a cup of coffee before he left. He made his way towards the coffee shop, and sat down at the nearest table. His manager joined him, and they made their order.

Their coffee arrived within minutes, and they both let out a sigh of appreciation after their first sip. They were exhausted, but were looking forward to going home after a week of endless photo shoots. “Well done on another successful shoot Siwon-ah, I think we got some really good shots this time”. His manager smiled.

 Siwon nodded. He had thoroughly enjoyed himself this past week. London was his type of city. Granted, the people were somewhat aloof, but he liked that about them. While they waited for their bill, Siwon shifted his gaze to the crowd. “It’s so different from home’, he thought. He was about to turn away from the view, but something caught his eye from among the sea of black-clothed people.

It was a lady. There was no other word to describe her. A lady in a snow white coat. She had on a red hat, gloves and matching heels. Her dark hair was flowing loosely down to her waist. She had tickets in her hand, and she briskly made her way towards the ticket counter, completely oblivious to the multitude of stares and whispers headed her way. Siwon forgot to breathe, and quickly gasped at himself in surprise.

His manager noticed his enraptured face, and followed his gaze towards the girl. ‘Hmm, she’s a beauty all right, and she knows it. Look at the way she walks, she must be a model or something.’ Siwon nodded. He had seen many girls like her. He had even modeled with some of them. But she was an enigma. Her very presence demanded attention.

“Its time to go Siwon-ah’, his manager tapped his shoulder, and pointed towards the boarding gate. Siwon sighed. He was dying to talk to her, but that probably wouldn’t work out. She looked like a capable business woman, and his English wasn’t good at all. He would just make a fool of himself.

“Arasso, let’s go” he said softly. “London, I am going to miss you”, he tweeted a picture of himself and typed a quick message under it. “I really need to improve my English skills”.

-Sara’s POV-

“Thank God I made it here on time! Ah! I’m so excited! I can feel my heart thumping! Whew! Breathe….just breathe… Sara, this is it! This is your time to shine!”

I made my way towards the boarding gate, and crossed my fingers for luck. I checked my seat number again. I was flying business class for the first time in my life. Ah, happiness, if you had a name, then you would be seat number 114 J. The agency I was working for arranged it all for me. My flight, my apartment, and all my travel expenses for the entire month!

I hadn’t been on a plane in awhile. I easily get nauseous, so I tend to avoid them as much as I can. I entered the plane, and was greeted by the flight attendants. “Welcome miss, may I take your coat?” A handsome man with a devilish smile offered me his hand. I couldn’t help but smile at him. “Thank you, could you show me to my seat?” I asked him. “Right this way miss” he offered his arm again, so I took it.

My seat was spacious. It was like my own private lounge! I tried not to look too happy, but the flight attendant noticed my grin. “We hope you enjoy your flight miss, if there is anything that you need, then just let us know”. He gave a small bow, winked at me, and then left. I giggled. “Oh, he’s too cute” I thought, as I watched him walk away.

I took my seat, and breathed a sigh of relief. “I’m finally on my way”. It was approximately 9 pm London time. I would arrive at my destination at 4pm Seoul time in about 11 hours. I took off my hat and gloves, and placed them on the counter beside me. I noticed that the seat next to me had an occupant, though there was no one there at the moment, just a grey scarf and gloves. I laid my head against the backrest, and closed my eyes hoping that I wouldn’t get too sick on the take off.

 

_Author’s POV_

Siwon went to make sure that his staff  Noonas and Hyungs were comfortable before he sat down. He was really grateful to them for coming along with him on this shoot. As he walked towards his seat, he saw a male flight attendant walking towards him, while holding a white coat in his hands.

Siwon’s heart skipped a beat, but it was just for a moment. “Yah, why are you getting so excited? It’s almost impossible for you to see that girl again, just calm down now”…he mentally hit himself on the head and continued walking, but he stopped in his tracks when he reached his seat. A red hat and gloves were on the table next to his seat. And in the seat next to his, was HER. The lady from the airport, apparently asleep.

Siwon’s first instinct was to run away. But he changed his mind in an instant. ‘If it’s meant to be, then it’s meant to be” he told himself. He looked down at her. She was wearing a red long sleeved dress, stockings and heels. She looked like an ordinary girl, not as intimidating as when he first saw her. But he still couldn’t figure out her nationality. She wasn’t Caucasian, that he knew. Her features were somewhat asian, but not completely. Was she Spanish? He wasn’t sure.

As he stood there contemplating this, the pilot sent out a welcome message followed by a request to strap on all seatbelts. Siwon looked up at the sound of the pilot, but when he looked back down, her eyes were upon him.

He was startled, but he didn’t let it show. Her eyes were beautiful. It was as if she could see right into his soul. He shifted his gaze and then smiled. “Hello”…he said softly, trying to use every ounce of confidence that he had. “Im in the seat next to you”, he added. She nodded. “Hi, nice to meet you”, she said, and gave a small smile. Siwon tried hard not to stare at her, and quickly made his way to his seat. He put on his seat belt, and waited as the sounds of the plane began to pick up.