Murder Mystery

Uri Sarang - Our Love

Chapter 31

 

It was 1am, or it could have been 2am. Not a single person in the apartment was aware of the time. The lights were all off, and the only bit of luminance came from the starry night sky sparkling through the window.

 

There was a sinister feeling in the apartment. Sara felt as if something was bound to creep up on her at any moment.

 

She crept along the hallway, barely able to see a thing in the dark, when she nearly tripped over something on the floor.

She muffled her shout of surprise by biting her knuckle, and bent down to inspect the thing that had tripped her.

 

It was a body.

 

She reached out a hand, and realised that it was Eunhyuk. She went closer to his mouth and heard him whisper.

 

“It was Donghae….”

Donghae killed me…”

 

Sara got up shakily and gulped in fear.

The killer could be waiting just around the corner.

She could be the next victim.

 

Unexpectedly, the front door opened, flooding the passage with a line of light.

 

 

“Sarang-ah? Are you here?” Sungmin’s voice called out.

 

Someone, Kyuhyun maybe, shouted “Its Sungmin!"

 

“Hyung! Go hide! There’s a murderer in here! Nobody is safe!”

 

Sungmin chuckled and quietly closed the door. He soon disappeared into the darkness, and Sara couldn’t see him any longer.

 

She was about to turn around, when someone grabbed her hand.

She spun around, and felt a kiss upon her cheek.

“Heechul” she whispered knowingly.

He snickered. “Hey, one of us is going to die soon, we might as well have some fun before it happens.”

 

They both froze as they heard footsteps hurrying towards them.  

Sara broke free of Heechul, and ran towards her bedroom. She nearly tripped over another body on the way there.

 

She crept inside, and was about to hide behind the door, when someone grabbed her hands and pinned her against the wall.

 

He leaned in closely, and Sara could feel his body against hers. The sensation was so familiar.

“Sungmin?” she whispered questioningly.

He paused, as if hesitant on what to do next.

Sara tried to see his face through the darkness, but couldn’t make him out. She tried to break free, but he hastily held her tight against the wall again.

“Stop playing with me” she said jokingly.

“Ok.” He said.

 

Sara was about to say something else, but he moved in swiftly and kissed her full on the lips.

 

Sara wasn’t prepared for it, but she soon lost herself in his embrace. His kiss was so sweet, but passionate and urgent at the same time. She felt herself melting while encircled by his arms.

 

He stopped, and began to move away, but Sara reached out for him. “Don’t…don’t go away…kiss me again.” She pleaded.

 

He did so once more, and Sara felt her world spinning, but then he quickly retreated into the darkness, leaving as quietly as he had come.

 

Sara felt her way to her bed, and threw herself onto it. She breathed in deeply, and tried to calm herself down.

 

Sungmin had just…kissed her. And it had been perfect. She wanted the game to end now so that she could spend more time with him, but she also blushed at the thought of facing him once the lights came back on.

 

Out of the darkness, she heard someone shout “Turn the lights on! I caught the killer!”

 

Sara flew off her bed, and hurriedly made her way to the nearest light switch. She gasped when she saw almost all the boys pretending to be dead on the floor. It was really a scary sight. Sungmin was amongst them.

 

Sara ran to the passage way and the light. Heechul was there, and he was holding onto Donghae’s hand.

 

“Looks like we caught him Sarang-ah.” Heechul smiled.

 

Sara called over the other members, and they came over one by one to confirm that Donghae had been the killer.

 

Eunhyuk grabbed him by the collar and said disbelievingly “You actually killed ME?! How could you Donghae?

 

Donghae laughed, but brushed him off. ‘Hey, it was a game, and it was dark. How was I supposed to know who you were?”

 

Donghae glanced at Sara and smiled shyly. She smiled back, glanced at Sungmin, and said “How did you get to Sungmin oppa? He disappeared as soon as he got in.”

 

Donghae lifted his eyebrows and said quietly “I got him right after he entered.”

 

The other members all let out exclamations of annoyance and praise for Donghae, but Sara was looking at him in shock.

 

If Sungmin had been out of the game right after he had entered, then who had she kissed?

She stared around at all of the Super Junior members.

Who was it? She needed to know. Because with just one kiss; that person had shaken her entire world.