Fiction and Fact

Uri Sarang - Our Love

 

Chapter Three

 

They had been flying for about 5 hours when Siwon opened his eyes. He immediately looked down and then next to him when he realized that Sara wasn’t there. “Was I dreaming? Where is she?” he turned his head about in alarm. A nearby attendant saw him looking about and approached him.

“May I help you Sir?” she asked him.

“Yes, do you know where my…” he began.

“Where your girlfriend went?” she asked with a smile.

“Yes, I mean, no she’s not…” He cleared his throat, and then asked again. “Where did she go? Did she seem ok? She wasn’t feeling too well earlier on.” He said while looking up at the attendant.

“Oh, she’s fine. She woke up a few minutes ago. I think she’s in the restroom now”, she said. “Is there anything else that I can get you?” The attendant asked.

“Uhm, yes, could you bring us some sandwiches please? Any type will do.”

“Right away sir”. The attendant then left.

Siwon rubbed his eyes and then looked at his watch. “7 hours left”, he sighed. He then saw Sara walking towards him. She had her hair in a ponytail, and she was smiling at him. She sat down and then said “Siwon oppa, its 2am London time, you should be asleep”.

“You should be asleep too”, he replied. “How are you feeling?”

She held up two thumbs. “I’m better now, thanks to you. And I’m wide awake for some odd reason”. She giggled.

 

An attendant then came over with the sandwiches. It was the same attendant who had helped Sara with her coat. “Here you are Miss”, he said with a smile while placing a platter in front of Sara.

“Are these for me? Did you order them?” Sara asked Siwon in surprise.

Before Siwon could respond, the attendant said: “I was told to bring them to you Miss, I can get you anything that you want. You just have to ask”, he said with another wink. “Is that all?” he asked.

“Yes, thank you, that will be all”, Siwon said in a stern manner.

The attendant raised his eyebrows, grinned at Sara, and then left.

Sara and Siwon looked at each other and then burst into a fit of suppressed giggles.

“I think he likes you”, Siwon said while holding his stomach.

“I think you scared him away”, Sara replied, similarly trying to stop herself from laughing too much.

 

“Are you hungry?” Siwon asked Sara.

“I am if you are”, she replied.

“Im starving”, he said with a chuckle.

“Then let’s eat” she laughed in reply.

While they attacked the sandwiches, Sara the monitor in front of them. She browsed over the movie and TV series list. “Oh! They have Vampire Diaries! Do you mind if we watch that? I’ve missed a few episodes.” She said excitedly. Then she blushed in embarrassment when she looked at Siwon. “It’s ok if you don’t want to, I just like Damon a lot”, she laughed and hid her face in her hands.

Siwon thought she was adorable. “I like Vampire Diaries too”, he said. “And it’s ok, because I like Elena”, he laughed.

“Really? Then let’s watch!” She set the episode to play from where they had both stopped last.  

 

As the episode progressed, Siwon expected Sara to be afraid when they came to the gory parts. But she just sat still and absorbed it all.

“Arent you afraid Sara”? he asked. “No, are you?” she asked in return, while still keeping her eyes on the screen. “Of course not!” he quickly defended himself. “Haha, I can tell you are, it’s ok oppa, I’m here for you”, she giggled.

 

“Yah, Oppa isn’t afraid of vampires”! Siwon said raising his eyebrows at her. Sara looked at him and then burst into laughter.

“Yah! Stop laughing! I’ll have to punish you if you continue!”

Sara laughed even harder at that. “Ok, I’m being bad. What’s my punishment?”she asked while still giggling.

 

“Hmm…let’s see...Ah! I got it. Sing me a song” he said to her. “Do you know any Korean songs Sara?”

“Korean songs? I don’t think I’ve ever heard any before…” she said uncertainly. “Im sorry Oppa”.

 

“Really? Well, it can’t be helped. But I’m your oppa now, so you will have to learn”, he said with a smile. Then he handed her his earphones and took out his ipod. “Let’s see, what should I play for you…” Sara waited expectantly. She had known about Japanese music from her little sister, but she had never heard of Korean music. She should have checked it out herself, but her tutor had her so focused on the language in her 5 months of study, that she hadn’t thought of it.

 

Siwon smiled to himself, and then played Super Junior’s ‘No other’ for Sara.

After a few verses, she started swaying in her seat. She gave Siwon a brilliant smile and mouthed “It’s so sweet!” Siwon was happy that she liked their song. He didn’t know why he hadn’t told her who he was yet. He didn’t want to put any pressure on her just yet. He liked the way she treated him like a normal guy. It made him feel at ease.

 

When the song was over, she looked at him expectantly. “More?” he asked her. She heartily nodded her head. Siwon smiled and then moved closer so that he could share the earphone with her. He didn’t want to be biased towards his own group, so he played B2st’s ‘Fiction’ for her. After a few seconds, she closed her eyes and leaned her head against his shoulder. Siwon smiled and did the same. As the song reached its end, Siwon felt droplets fall onto his shoulder. He looked down at Sara and saw her wiping away her tears. She got up and reached for a tissue.

 

“Are you ok? What’s the matter”? he asked in concern.

“Im sorry”, she said while stifling her tears. “It was beautiful. You could actually feel the pain in their voices”.

“Sara…” Siwon was lost for words. It had been awhile since he had seen someone being so moved by music. He reached out for her and held her in his arms. “You’re a very special person, you know that? Just try not to cry, I don’t think my heart can take it”, he said with a soft smile.

Sara’s eyes went wide when Siwon hugged her. But she returned the hug. She couldn’t believe that she had only met him a few hours ago. He already felt like someone whom she could trust.

 

They pulled apart and Sara looked down in embarrassment. Siwon bent down to look into her eyes. “Are you ok now”? he asked her. Sara looked at him and bit her lip. She hoped that she wasn’t blushing too much. “Mmm, Im fine, just abit tired now”, she replied.

Siwon looked at his watch. “We’ll arrive in Seoul in another 4 hours. You might as well get some sleep”, he said.

“Ok, but can you lend me your earphones?” she asked him hopefully.

Siwon chuckled and handed them over. “Here you go, sleep well”, he said.

The next song on the list was “One fine Spring Day”. Sara lay back, closed her eyes, and fell asleep wondering who this heavenly voice belonged to.

 


Ryeowook looked up at his alarm clock. He smiled when he saw that it was 3 in the afternoon. He had been blissfully asleep for the past 9 hours. He looked over at Kyuhyun. As expected, his maknae was still asleep. They had flown back from Taiwan the other night for the upcoming KRY concert. Their manager had allowed them to rest today in order to save their strength for the concert in Busan. After that, they would be flying back to Taiwan.

 

Ryeowook sighed and got up to go to the bathroom. He noticed his reflection in the mirror and pushed back his fringe to take a closer look. His eyes were still puffy. “I need more sleep”, he thought. He made his way to the wardrobe, and paused when he realized that he was looking at Sungmin hyungs clothes. “How did we get in here? I thought this was my room”.  He was still too tired to find answers, so he just shrugged his shoulders, took off his t shirt, and went to look for one of Sungmin’s T shirts instead.

 

He paused at the mirror again. This time he smiled at his reflection. All those hours of working out was paying off. “I just wish I wasn’t the only one to appreciate this right now”…he thought regretfully. He looked over at the sleeping Kyuhyun. “Yah. Kyuhyun-ah, tell your hyung that he looks good!”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t budge from his sleep. Ryeowook looked down dejectedly, sighed, and pulled Sungmin’s shirt over his head. Then he grabbed his own pillow and made his way to Kyuhyun’s bed instead. He was just falling asleep when he heard Kyu say “Ryeowook-ah…Im hungry”…

 

“Im sleeping Kyu”…he replied in an uninterested voice.

“But you’re talking”…Kyu replied in a muffled tone.

“You’re talking too”, he voiced in argument.

“Ryeowook-aaaahhhh….Kyu whined while pulling onto Ryeowook’s t-shirt.

“Aish!” Ryeowook got up and went to make something to eat for the brat. “Kyuhyun! Just go get married quickly so I don’t have to cook for you anymore! I’m not your wife!” Ryeowook snapped as he went out of the room.

Kyu smiled whole heartedly as he snuggled into his pillow. “I’ll marry her if she can cook like you Wookie”, he mumbled as he fell off to sleep again.