Sleepless Night

Uri Sarang - Our Love

Chapter 22

 

After supper, Sara changed into a pair of pajama shorts, and a sweater. She still had her knee and ankle bandaged. She walked into the lounge, and found them competing over whose room Sara could sleep in.

 

“If you don’t mind, I’d like to sleep in Kyuhyun’s room.” Sara said.

She was already familiar with the room, having slept there before, and the bathroom was close by.

 

Kyuhyun smirked, and said “Sungmin hyung can just move out then. Sarang and I will be fine in my room, since there’s two beds.”

 

The boys all immediately began arguing over this. Eventually, they agreed to leave it up to chance. Whoever won through rock paper scissors would get to sleep in the extra bed in what was now Sara’s room.

 

In the end, it was Sungmin who won.

 

Sara gulped, and put on a smile for them, then walked back to the room. She was really nervous sharing a room with Sungmin, but she didn’t want to show it. What would he think of her then? She said goodnight, and then went to bed. She tried sleeping, but her mind kept her awake.

 

A short while later, she heard Sungmin enter the room. He stopped by her bed to check on her, and she pretended to be asleep. He then got into his bed, and left his bedside light on.

 

Soon Sara heard him breathing easily, and let herself relax. Her medication was beginning to work, and she felt herself drifting off…

 


 

Yesung was lying awake in the lounge. He had given his bed to Kyuhyun, and was just falling off to sleep, when he heard the creak of a door open. He got up, and peeked around the corner of the hallway.

 

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were tip-toeing towards Sara’s room, carrying their pillows and blankets. Yesung watched them enter the room, and then picked up his own pillow. He didn’t trust the maknaes one bit, and if they were going to sleep in the same room as Sara, then he might as well join them.

 


 

It was close to 2am. Eunhyuk had spent the past few hours with Leeteuk and Donghae. He had heard all about what had happened at the photoshoot, and had sympathized with Donghae. But at the same time, he admired Sungmin for acting the way that he did. Donghae had finally come to realize that he needed to move on. Sungmin’s actions had caused him pain, but in Eunhyuk’s opinion, he had needed it.

 

He entered the dorm, and made his way towards his room. He noticed that it was unusually quiet in the dorm for this time of night. Ryeowook should be watching his dramas, and Kyuhyun should be playing on his computer. He wondered where everyone was, and walked through each one of their rooms, only to find them empty.

 

He reached Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s room, the light, and then covered his mouth in surprise. Sungmin was on his own bed, but the rest of them were all on the floor surrounding Kyuhyun’s bed. And on Kyuhyun’s bed, was a girl.

 

Eunhyuk couldn’t make sense of the situation, but he quietly walked towards the girl. Maybe she was someone he knew. One of their sisters, or cousins. He stopped in front of her bed, careful not to step on anyone, and gazed down at her.

 

Her blanket covered half her face, so he gently pulled it down abit. She moaned a little in her sleep, and then to her back, throwing her hands above her head. The blanket got pulled down further, and Eunhyuk couldn’t stop his eyes from roaming down her body. He gulped, and then grabbed the blanket to pull it back up. He was bent over her, his face not even 10 inches away from hers, when she opened her eyes.

 

They both stared at each other in shock for a few seconds, and then, before she could yell out in alarm, he quickly covered with his hand and pressed his finger to his lips, indicating for her to be quiet.

 

Sara nodded, and slowly moved his hand from . She recognized his face from all the pictures she had seen.

 

“Lee Hyukjae?” she whispered. He nodded, wondering who she was, and what she was doing in their dorm,

but as soon as she smiled at him, he didn’t care, because he found himself smiling back.