Choi Sarang

Uri Sarang - Our Love

Chapter 24

 

Sara had woken up a few hours after the boys had left. She was starving, and was looking forward to baking something tasty for them to show her appreciation. She still couldn’t leave the apartment, due to her leg, so she decided to make the best out of her house arrest /kidnapping. But when she tried leaving the room, she found that the door was locked. Did the boys lock her in?

 

She tried looking for a spare key. She even tried picking the lock, but nothing had worked. She soon grew bored, and decided to explore instead. The first thing she did was put on some music. She turned up the stereo and left a radio station on to play. Listening to the voices of so many people on the radio made her feel less lonely.

 

She then found an entire collection of manwha on a bookshelf, and sat down to read. When she was done with a few chapters, she decided to have a shower. She grabbed a large t-shirt from one of the drawers, and headed to the bathroom.

 

Bathing was difficult at first, but once she eased herself into the tub, the pain became something distant. The hot water and foamy bubbles seemed to really help. She drifted off for awhile and listened to the music streaming in from the room. “Oh my Super Girl…” It sounded good, and she wished that she could dance to it, but her condition still wasn’t good enough for that. She gathered up a few bubbles and blew them from her hand in frustration.

 

She was about to gather up more, but paused when all of a sudden, the door opened, and Lee Donghae walked in.

 

Sara didn’t know who screamed first, but she was sure that both of them did. Donghae yelled, blocked his eyes, and then turned around with his back facing her. Sara didn’t see this, because within seconds, she had plunged her head under the water, pulling her body right to the bottom of the tub.

 

Donghae rushed out, closed the door with a bang, and leaned against it. He covered his mouth, and looked about in confusion.

 

There was a girl…in Eunhyuk’s bathroom…and he had seen her half nake…no wait, he hadn’t seen a thing. She had been in the tub; the water was white with foam. He hadn’t seen anything, but he still covered his face in embarrassment.

 

Was she Hyukjae’s girlfriend? He hadn’t even seen her face properly. What was he supposed to do now? And for Suju’s sake! Why hadn’t Ryeowook told him about her?

 

He held his head in his hands, and sank to the floor. He could run back upstairs and pretend like nothing had happened, but if she knew the other members, then it would be even more embarrassing the next time her saw her.

 

He calmed himself down, stood back up, gently knocked on the bathroom door, and waited for a reply.

 

Sara had gotten out of the bath, and had quickly wrapped a towel around herself. She now sat on the edge of the bathtub, head in her hands, unbearably embarrassed, and wanting to be anywhere else but here.

 

She looked up at the sound of the knock, and hesitantly answered: “Y…Yes?”

 

Donghae nervously cleared his throat, and then said: “I’m sorry for walking in without knocking, I didn’t know you were there.”

 

“It’s…Its ok”, Sara replied.

 

“I’ll be in the lounge, in case you need anything”.

 

Donghae quickly grabbed one of Eunhyuk’s t-shirts from the drawer, threw off his pajama shirt, and rushed out of the room while changing into the new shirt. It wasn’t a big improvement, but he felt better able to face a girl without wearing his sheep-patterned pajama top.

 

Once he got to the lounge, he looked down at himself, and realized his pajama pants had pink and blue elephants all over it. Eunhyuk’s elephant pajama pants…

He hit his forehead in frustration, and ran to Sungmin’s room to grab a pair of jeans.

 

After he was dressed, he walked back to the lounge, and sat down.

 

He tapped his feet nervously and waited. He didn’t have to wait long, because he soon heard Eunhyuk’s door open, and Sara walked out into the hallway.

 

He caught his breath. She was barefoot, wearing nothing but a t-shirt, which fell just below her hips. Her hair was wet, and streamed down the front of her shirt in shining rivulets. Her skin was slightly flushed, and her cheeks shone pink in the morning light; but Donghae thought he had never seen anything as beautiful before.

 

She walked into another room, and came out a few minutes later wearing a pair of three quarter jeans, and the same t-shirt. As she walked back to the lounge, Donghae noticed the bruises on her leg. It was especially bad around her ankle.

 

Sara sat down across from him, trying hard to avoid his gaze. What was she supposed to do? Maybe if he apologized straight away for what he had done the other day, then she could forgive him, and move on. It wasn’t like her to keep grudges, but up until now, she still couldn’t forget what he had done.

 

Donghae decided to break the tension, and then asked her: “I’m sorry to ask…but are you Eunhyuk’s girlfriend?”

 

Sara looked at him incredulously, and then said “Why would you say that?”

 

Donghae looked to the side and then said “Well…you’re wearing his t-shirt, and you were locked in his room…”

 

Sara flushed in embarrassment as she was reminded of the bathroom scene, but gathered up her courage, and said “No, I’m just a friend. The other boys are letting me stay here until my leg heals. I don’t know why the door was locked.”

 

Donghae was abit surprised, and asked “You know the other members? I haven’t seen you before, are you from around here?”

 

Sara felt like a rush of electricity had flashed through her. He didn’t recognize her. He didn’t know who she was. She thought back to the photo shoot, and realized that the only time that Donghae had actually looked at her face, was when he had tried to kiss her, and even then, he had been looking at her lips. She had also been wearing a wig, and really heavy makeup, so it was possible that he wouldn’t recognize her. Still, she was shocked.

 

She cleared , and replied “I’m from the UK. I moved here a few weeks ago.”

 

“Really? What’s your name?” Donghae asked.

 

If he really didn’t know who she was, then Sara felt like she didn’t have to tell him. It was better this way. They didn’t have to confront each other about what had happened. She thought about a new name for herself, then smiled, and said “I’m Sarang. Choi Sarang”

 

Siwon had been her first real Oppa. So she felt it was alright to use his name. Also, all the other boys had gotten used to calling her ‘Sarang”, so Donghae would never find out.

 

“Choi Sarang? That’s a pretty name”. Donghae said while smiling at her.

 

Sara was taken aback. She hadn’t seen him smile before. He looked like a completely different person when he smiled.

 

Sara didn’t want to believe in his smile. She knew what he was really like. She had seen it all on the day of the photo shoot. She gave a small smile and then looked down at her leg. It was still black and blue all over. She should bandage it soon. She touched it here and there, and winced at the pain.

 

She didn’t notice Donghae get up, but in the next moment, he was sitting on the floor in front of her, looking at her ankle.

 

“How did you get hurt?” He asked her.

 

Sara instinctively shifted her leg away from him, and then said “I…I fell”.

 

“This is bad, you should be more careful. I’ve got something that really helps with muscle pain; it might make you feel better. Should I get it for you?”

 

Sara looked down at him. He was smiling up at her with complete innocence in his eyes. Even the way he spoke was so sweet. Who exactly was he? She was so confused.

 

Before she could answer, the front door opened, and Sungmin walked in, followed by Ryeowook.

 

Ryeowook was his usual smiley self, and greeted all of them first. “Oh Hyung, you found our Sarang”, he said while laughing. “I was worried you wouldn’t wake up, that’s why Sungmin hyung and I came back early”.

 

Sungmin didn’t say anything. As soon as he saw Donghae next to Sara, he stopped in his tracks, and glared at him. Donghae noticed this, and thought that Sungmin must still be angry about his behavior the other day, so he just lowered his head, and turned away.

 

Sara could see that Sungmin was close to attacking Donghae, so she quickly called out to him.

 

“Sungmin…oppa…could you help me with my bandages, I left them in your room.”

 

Sungmin was surprised at being called ‘Oppa’, but he followed Sara back to his room. Once they were both inside, and Sara was seated on the bed, he closed the door, and turned to face her.

 

“What is this all about? Why is Donghae here with you? Did he apologize yet?

 

“He doesn’t recognize me. I told him my name is Choi Sarang.

Oppa, I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t tell him who I really am.”

 

Sungmin was bewildered. “Why? Why keep it from him? He has to know so that he can apologize to you. Don’t you want that?” he asked.

 

Sara shook her head. “In the past half hour, I’ve come to see a different side to him. I don’t know if it’s fake or not, but I want to get to know him better. If I can better understand his character, then it will be easier for me to forgive him. Do you understand Oppa? I was taught to forgive those who hurt me. Now I’m giving Donghae a second chance.”

 

Sungmin sighed and sat down next to Sara.

 

“You really are something, you know that?” he said to her.

 

Sara took his hand in hers, and said “Thank you Oppa”

 

Sungmin chuckled and said “Call me that one more time, it sounds nice”.

 

“Oppa?” Sara asked, turning her head to the side.

 

“Omo! So cute!” Sungmin grabbed her and pulled her into a tight hug. Sara laughed and hugged him back, but they both turned about when the door banged open, and an apron-wearing Ryeowook stormed inside, waving his chopsticks about, and yelling at the top of his voice about how Sungmin wasn’t allowed to be alone in a room with Sara.

 

Sara let go of Sungmin, walked over to Ryeowook, placed her arms around his waist, and hugged him tightly. Ryeowook stood still as a statue, and Sungmin laughed at his shocked expression.

 

Sara looked up at him and said “It’s only a hug Wook Oppa.” She took his hand, and then led him away. “Come on, let’s go cook, I’m starving”.

 

Ryeowook was smiling from ear to ear. He followed Sara out, but turned for a second to stick his tongue out at Sungmin.

 

“She called me ‘Oppa’!” He whispered teasingly.

 

Sungmin gave him the thumbs up, and once they were gone, he threw himself onto the bed, and sighed.

 

“Oh Sarang-ah, what are we going to do?