A Change of Plans

Uri Sarang - Our Love

Chapter 28

 

It had only been a minute or so since Sungmin had left, when the doorbell rang.

 

Sara wiped her hands and ran to answer it. “Could he have forgotten something?” she asked herself.

 

She swung the door open, and found herself facing Ryeowook instead.

 

“Hello!” He said cheerfully.

 

“What are you doing here? It’s still too early!” Sara said disappointedly.

 

“Aren’t you happy to see me?” Ryeowook asked sadly.

 

“Of course I am, I just wanted everything to be ready for you guys first.” Sara replied huffily

 

“That’s why I’m here. I came to help.” he smiled as he brushed past her and entered the kitchen.

 

Sara eyed all of the packets that Ryeowook placed carefully onto the table.

“What did you bring with you?” Sara asked curiously.

 

“Oh...this and that...” Ryeowook said evasively.

“What do you mean? “This and That”? Let’s see.” Sara peeked over his shoulder as he tried to block her view.

 

Ryeowook turned around to face her instead, and spread out his arms to block her way.

She tried to push him aside, but he laughed, and grabbed her in a bear hug instead.

“Oppaaaa!! Why are you being like this?” Sara grumbled while pressed against his jacket.

She couldn’t move an inch, so she decided to try something else instead.

 

Ryeowook immediately began giggling as Sara tickled him across his ribcage.

“Yah!”

“Don’t!”

Stop it!”

“I. Cant. Take. It.”

 

 Ryeowook gasped helplessly, and attempted to step away from her, but with Sara’s weight against him, they both stumbled a few step backwards, and bumped into the kitchen counter, knocking over one of the packets.

Sara heard the unmistakable sound of glass bottles knocking against each other, and turned an accusatory eye on Ryeowook.

 

“Soju?” You tried to hide soju from me?” She asked him while placing her hands on her hips.

 

“Well...it’s not a party if we can’t have a little fun right? The boys and I all agreed to each bring along one thing. This was my choice.” He said while grinning at her.

 

“I guess it can’t be helped then. Let’s put it all away until later.”

 

Sara was abit nervous. She knew that Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Sungmin drank quite often. During her stay at their apartment, whenever they had taken out a bottle to drink, Eunhyuk had made her stay in his room for the night.

 When she had asked him why, he had simply said “They are still men, and men alone can’t be trusted. But when you mix men and soju together, you never know what can happen, so just stay here for awhile.”

Sara had laughed it off at that time, but now she wished that Eunhyuk was coming for the party too.  She realised that all of the heavy drinkers would be here tonight. What was she going to do if things got out of control?

“Oooh! You baked a cake!”

Sara snapped out it and turned her attention back to Ryeowook.

 

“Oh, yeah, I hope it turned out ok.” She said.

“It looks beautiful!” Ryeowook praised her while eyeing the cake.

 

Just then the doorbell rang. Ryeowook ran to answer it, and was unceremoniously pushed aside by Kyuhyun, Donghae and Yesung as they walked in.

Yesung walked up to Sara, and put a mask onto her face.

Kyuhyun rushed to her room, and brought back her jacket.

Donghae took it from him, and put it around her shoulders.

 

“What’s going on? Are we going somewhere?” Sara asked in confusion.

The boys all looked at each other, and Donghae spoke up.

 

“Heechul hyung said that we cant start the party without him, so we decided to have it somewhere else before he gets back from work.”

Kyuhyun put an arm around her shoulder, and said “You just had to let him find you, didnt you Sarang-ah? I told you to stay away from him.”

“It doesnt matter now. We have four hours before he gets back. Lets get her out of here.” Yesung pushed them all out of the apartment. Ryeowook was still standing by the doorway, and got pushed out of the way again. He hurriedly ran behind Yesung and asked: “Hyung! Where are we going?”

 

Yesung shook his head, and didnt reply, but Kyuhyun whispered back: “Hongdae”