Yesung's Resolve

Uri Sarang - Our Love

 

Chapter Eleven

 

 The next few hours felt like a dream to Sara. Her emotions today had been on such a rollercoaster, that she was amazed she was still functioning normally. She had never been so happy from the time she had gotten here. And all that happiness was due to the guy sitting in front of her right now.

“Our Sara is going to laugh~” Yesung taunted her while keeping a straight face.

“I wont, Oppa looks like he’s the one in danger”, Sara replied.

“Omo, she’s really tough huh? What if I did this…?”

Yesung puffed out his cheeks and made a face at her.

Sara wanted to laugh so badly, but she also didn’t want to lose, so all she could do was raise her eyebrows and bite her lips.

Yesung knew that he was getting to her, any minute now, she would be giving in. He wasn’t the funniest of persons, but he had done some pretty ridiculous things in the past few minutes in an attempt to make her laugh, and he was so close to success, he could see it. Her inner struggle to keep a straight face was so adorable; he was in danger of losing the game himself.

Just then a waiter came by to ask them if everything was fine. They both said yes, but when Sara turned back to Yesung, she found his face inches away from hers, and all he said was “Boo”!

Sara jumped back with a yell and then burst into uncontrollable laughter. Yesung joined in, and they couldn’t control themselves for a while after that.

As they walked home, Yesung didn’t fail to notice that Sara lived really close by to their dorm. It started thundering again, and it was really cold, so they huddled under their coats and didn’t say much as they walked.

Sara breathed in the fresh night air and smiled. Today had been so unpredictable, but it had all turned out for the best. She glanced at Yesung and was surprised at the new found affection she felt for him. He had been witness to her weak side, which she rarely showed to anyone, and he had completely taken control of her situation earlier on. She was grateful, definitely flattered, and not just a little taken by him, especially when he spoke. His voice was so melodic, even when he was just speaking.

 Yesung looked over at her and smiled warmly. “We’ll be there soon, just a little longer, you must be cold”, he said to her.

Her cheeks suddenly grew hot, so she turned her face away from him and focused on the weather instead. “Yeah, it’s really cold”, she mumbled in reply.

Yesung looked her over. . “A girl like her needs more than just one person to take care of her”, he thought. “I can trust Ryeowook, but I can’t let any of the other guys meet her, it would be chaos”.

It started raining again, and with such force that they had to run. Yesung took her hand in his again and led the way. He knew the area, and they were really close to her apartment. He looked down at their hands as they ran. It was a perfect fit.

 

They finally made it to her building. They spent a few seconds catching their breath, and then looked at each other and grinned. They were soaked to the skin. Yesung reached out to Sara, wanting to move some of her hair away from her face. But he stopped himself. “Yesung, don’t get too attached. She’s just a little girl, you can’t take advantage of the situation”, he reminded himself.

Sara didn’t notice his conflicted state; she was taking off her coat and rubbing her hands together, trying to get warm. “Thanks for everything today oppa, if it wasn’t for you, I don’t know where I’d be right now”, Sara said to him with a smile.

“Its ok”, Yesung said softly while looking at her. He sneezed suddenly, and his body shook in a shiver. He should get out of his wet clothes soon; he couldn’t afford to get sick with so much work to do in the upcoming weeks.

“I should get going now, will you be ok? You have my number, so just call if you need anything ok?” he said to her.

“But the weather is still bad, how will you get home?” Sara asked in concern.

“Its ok, I live nearby”, he replied.

Sara hugged him, and gave him her thanks again. He wanted to hold on a little longer, but he let her pull apart first.

As he walked outside into the rain again, he couldn’t help not laughing at himself.  “Ah, Siwon would be proud of how noble I’m being”, he chuckled. “For now, she’s just a little sister, I have to think that way, otherwise, I’ll end up like Heechul.” he said to himself. He nodded, not entirely happy, but settled with his decision.

“A man has to learn how to be dependable”, he said to himself. “I won’t give her any reason to worry from now on, I’ll be a true oppa to her”, he said with conviction.Sara wasn’t like any of the other girls he was used to hanging around with. Compared to her, they were all shallow and self-serving.

She was the first genuine person he had met in a long time, apart from the members of course, those guys were as real as you could get.