New Couple?

Uri Sarang - Our Love

Chapter 36

 

The next morning, approximately 5 hours after the convenience store incident, Sara was still asleep in bed when her phone rang.

 

“Yoboseyo...”Sara said in a sleepy voice.

 

“Sara! Wake up now! You’re all over the internet!” Sara’s manager shouted into her ear.

Sara held the phone away from her as her manager continued yelling.

“What do you mean? Of course I’m on the internet, I’m a model aren’t I? Sara responded tiredly.

“Not those pictures child! Pictures of you and Donghae on a date!”

 

Sara sat bolt upright in her bed. “What are you talking about? What date?!” she asked in confusion.

 

“You can’t deny it happened now. There are pictures of you two from last night. Holding hands, even hugging. And there’s a story that you pulled him away from some crazy fans at a convenience store. This story is selling like hot cakes! You two are making headlines as a new celebrity couple!”

 

As Sara listened to her manager as her body tensed up. She felt goose bumps all along her arms.

Was this really happening? How was she going to explain her way out of this?

 

“What should I do now?” Sara asked in a panic.

“Don’t say anything for now. Today is your photoshoot. Its better if we let this story run by itself. If you want, we can have a proper interview later on.”

“Ok, that sounds good. I’ll get ready and meet you at the studio soon.” Sara said as she ended the conversation.

 

She got dressed and headed out. On the way to her workplace, she checked her cell phone, and gasped at the number of messages she had received. She read them one by one, and after each message, her blood pressure seemed to rise.

 

Heechul: “Sweetheart, did you see the news? What really happened with Donghae last night? I know pictures can be deceiving, so I won’t believe anything until you tell me yourself. Call me soon.”

 

Leeteuk: “Sara, I won’t stand for this. The SM bosses are angry, and I’m taking the blame for everything. I wouldn’t have minded if it was you and I who were caught hugging though...T_T Why Donghae of all people? I’m going to send him back to Mokpo!”

 

Ryeowook: “Sarang-ah! All the hyungs are going crazy! Let me hide at your place please!”

 

Kyuhyun: “You...and Donghae hyung...please tell me it’s not true...”

 

Yesung: “Dongsaeng, your pictures are all over the news. Let me know if you need to talk. Love from Oppa”

 

Siwon: “What’s this about you and Donghae? Do I need to worry? I’ll be back in Seoul soon. Hope to see you.”

 

Eunhyuk: “Sara, I like you, but Donghae belongs to me.”

 

Sara breathed deeply in an attempt to calm herself down, and carefully replied to each message.

By the time she was finished, she had already reached the studio.

 

She noticed a few girls sitting on the sidewalk near the entrance of the building, but figured that they must be waiting for somebody or something.

 

“Maybe someone famous is working here today” Sara thought.

But as soon as she got out of the taxi, the girls got up and circled around her.

 

“Sara-si! Are you dating our Oppa?”

“Are the pictures real? What about the sasaeng fan story?”

 

Sara was a bit overwhelmed at all of their questions, and wasn’t prepared to answer them.

She ran inside the building as quickly as she could. Once inside, she took a second to register what had just happened. Super Junior fans? How had they known that she would be here? What was she going to tell them?

 

She turned into a hallway and got a shock when she saw who was standing there. He smiled and said “I’ve been waiting all morning.”

 

 

“Donghae...”

 

Stories about the two of them had been everywhere since the morning, but she was surprised at herself for not really thinking about ‘him’ this whole time. Donghae was in this as well. He probably had to answer to a lot of people for this.

 

He slowly walked towards her.

“Why are you here?” Sara asked once she had gained her composure.

 

He reached her and tilted his head to the side as if taken aback by her question. “To see you.” He said.

 

“Are you in trouble because of the photos?” Sara asked.

He hugged her briefly. “Yes, but not too much. I can handle it.”

 

“I have to work now, but can we meet somewhere later on? We need to talk about this.” Sara said as they moved apart.

 

Just then the staff and crew from Sara’s photo shoot walked in and called her along. Sara had to follow, but looked back to hear Donghae’s answer.

 

“Ok! It’s a date then!” Donghae said cheerfully as she left.

Sara wanted to call out and say that it wasn’t, but he was already too far away, and shouting something like that out seemed too harsh.

 

She tried to focus on her poses throughout the shoot, but her thoughts were so conflicted. Thankfully the photographer seemed satisfied after about 4 hours, and she was free to go.

“I have to end this now”. She thought to herself as she dressed into her normal clothes.

 

It was time for Donghae to know the truth. But how was she going to break it to him? He was the last person she wanted to hurt. Especially when he had been so honest with his feelings. Something which she had failed to do from the very beginning.

 

She picked up her phone and dialled a number.

 

“Oppa. I’m going to break up with Donghae. I need you to be nearby in case he takes it badly.” Sara said to the person on the other side.

 

“Ok, I’ll be nearby. Don’t worry. Just do what you have to do.” He said to her.

 

Sara ended the call and felt more confident. It was time to set things right.