Chapter 4

It's all the Angels' fault!

Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

‘Oh! Yeobo! His hand moved!’

 

‘Shh! I thinks his eyes are opening!’

 

‘Hyung! Yeol hyung! I’m Daeyeol!’

 

‘Hyung! I’m jongie! Can you hear me?’

 

Sungyeol’s eyelids fluttered, and opened gradually and his eyes met up with four other pairs of anxious eyes.

 

‘Thank goodness!’ Mrs Lee yelled.

 

‘I’ll go and get the doctor.’ Sungjong ran out.

 

‘Wh-where am I?’ Sungyeol asked in a weak and soft voice, struggling to get up.

 

‘Son, don’t get up yet. You’re in the hospital.’ Mr Lee answered him.

 

‘It’s all umma’s fault! It’s all umma’s fault that you don’t want to live in this world anymore!’ Mrs Lee hammered her own chest with her hand, crying. ‘I knew something was wrong all along I didn’t stop it from happening!’

 

‘Umma. Stop. It’s not your fault. I did not commit suicide.’ Sungyeol grabbed Mrs Lee’s hand.

 

‘You didn’t? Then why did the witnesses said that you jumped off the building?’ Mrs Lee looked up.

 

Sungyeol recalled how the girls pushed him off the building, he was scared. It was all because of Hyuna. Sungyeol knew those so-called witnesses were the scary fangirls of Myungsoo’s.

 

‘Umma, it’s just that I’m lost balance and fell off. You know how clumsy I am right?’ Sungyeol explained.

 

‘Really?’ Mrs Lee looked at him with teary eyes.

 

‘Yes. So don’t be worried.’ Sungyeol nodded and gave an assuring smile to Mrs Lee.

 

‘Sungyeol ah, if there’s any difficulties in school, you have to voice it out, ne? Or else I’ll be very worried.’ Mrs Lee finally decided to believe Sungyeol.

 

‘Hi Sungyeol. I’m the doctor in charge of you. How are you feeling right now?’ A handsome young man walked into the ward and asked Sungyeol cheerfully, and a nurse helped to adjust the level of the bed so that Sungyeol could sit up.

 

‘I’m fine.’

 

‘Any dizziness? Headache? You remember everything?’ The doctor continued to pester him with endless questions but Sungyeol just shook his head.

 

‘Very good. You’ll be able to go home tomorrow. We will still have to observe your body condition for one more night. Any question for me? No? I shall take my leave then. If there’s anything you need, ask the nurse to call for me.’ With that, the doctor left.

 

‘I think I’d better go home and cook some chicken soup for Sungyeol to drink.’ Mrs Lee got up.

 

‘I’ll send you back Sungyeol, you’re fine right? Do you need us to accompany you?’ Mr Lee looked worried still but Sungyeol just signaled them to go.

 

‘Daeyeol ah, go back home to study. I don’t want you to screw up your test.’ Sungyeol spoke up and when Daeyeol looked up, he was shock. He, Lee Sungyeol, was the weak one in the family and Daeyeol was the strong one, the one who would never shed a tear, not even when he fractured his arm or when the worst thing happened to him. ‘Daeyeol ah, why are you crying?’

 

‘Hyung! Boohooo….’ Daeyeol hugged Sungyeol and Sungyeol hugged back. ‘I-I thought y-you’re gone forever…’

 

‘Silly. If I were gone, you wouldn’t be talking to me now would you? Silly Daeyeol. Go study already. You have a hyung who top the school, I don’t want my brother to be at the bottom.’ Sungyeol was touched by Daeyeol, he had never knew that his baby brother cared for him so much, Sungyeol fought back the tears that were going to rush out in the next minute if Daeyeol doesn't leave.

 

‘Are you sure you’ll be okay here? You won’t run away right?’ Daeyeol looked up, he was a mess.

 

‘Yes. Jongie’s here with me so you all don’t have to worry so much about me.’ Sungyeol wiped away Daeyeol's tears with his own sleeves and literally shooed them away, only Sungjong reamained in the room.

 

‘Hyung.’ Sungjong started.

 

‘Huh?’

 

‘It’s not an accident right?’

 

‘Of course it is. I’m too clumsy, as usual. By the way Jongie, can I ask you something?’

 

‘What?’

 

‘Is there someone who was knocked down by me when I fell? I remembered seeing someone below but I didn’t have time to see his face clearly.’

 

‘H-hyung. You… Remembered?’ Sungjong gulped and stuttered.

 

‘Yes. I’m not suffering from amnesia now, am I?’ Sungyeol rolled his eyes at Sungjong.

 

‘It’s…’ Sungjong was interrupted by a knock of the door.

 

‘Come in.’ Sungyeol said.

 

It was Woohyun, one of the kingka. He was holding a bouquet of flowers and he gave Sungyeol a charming smile.

 

‘What are you doing here?’ Sungjong narrowed his eyes in alarm.

 

‘I’m just paying a visit to someone who is injured.’ Woohyun said slowly, putting down the flowers at the table beside Sungyeol.

 

‘Ha! Like I’m going to believe you! You’re here so that you can hurt Sungyeol hyung because of Myungsoo right? You're here to get revenge!’ Sungjong snorted.

 

‘No. I’m really here to visit a patient.’ Woohyun sighed. ‘I will never blame Sungyeol for what happened since it wasn’t his fault. Well, let’s just say that Myungsoo is unlucky that he was walking there when Sungyeol, coincidently, was falling from the building.’

 

‘So… So the person whom I fell on was Kim Myungsoo?’ Sungyeol’s eyes widened. Everything make sense now, no wonder Sungyeol found the person so familiar. It was someone who had saved him once.

 

‘Unfortunately, yes.’ Woohyun sighed again.

 

‘Oh my god. How’s he?’ Sungyeol asked, still in shock.

 

‘He’s not as lucky as you. He’s still in comma.’ Woohyun looked at him, sadness filled his eyes.

 

‘C-comma?’ Sungyeol’s voice was a mere whisper.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hehehe... Now you guys know who is the 'lucky' guy who was at the ground floor at the point of time when Sungyeol fell off the building yes? Kekeke... Another cliff hanger for you guys. Okay, don't say I didn't remind you all beforehand, from this chapter onwards, all the following chapters might not make sense. So yeah... (Poor Myungsoo... In comma. T^T)

Anyway... Thanks for subbing, upvoting, reading and commenting. ><

Do comment more yes??? ;)

 

See ya in the next chapter!