Chapter 10

It's all the Angels' fault!

‘Oh damn. Where can I find the books related to soul transfer?’ Hoya was on the verge of crying.

 

Seriously, he didn’t have anyone to blame as he was the one who came up with the outrageous idea, he had to clean up his own mess, especially now that Dongwoo was weak and he hadn’t learnt anything about moving back the souls to their original place.

 

‘Howon. Something wrong?’ A warm and tender voice called out to him. It was the Angel of Empathy, Taemin.

 

‘Taemin! Help me! I totally mess up with my Cupid examination!’ Hoya just broke down and he threw his arms over Taemin and sobbed loudly.

 

‘There. There. I’ll try my best to help you. Regarding souls, I think you’d better speak to Leetuek hyung, he’s one of the most senior and wisest angel around. I’m sure he can help you. If you continue to remain in the library in this progress, I can assure you that even by the time your examination is due, you’d never find the book.’ Taemin smiled.

 

‘Thanks Taemin ah. You’re such a great help.’ Hoya broke into a teary smile, sniffled and then sped off to find Leetuek for solution to his mess.

 

What Hoya and Taemin didn’t know was, someone had heard their conversation.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sungyeol was alone in the dark street, as he walked, he got more panicky. He reached the dark alley, the same one that Myungsoo saved him when they first met each other. Myungsoo was there, emotionless, face pale and staring at him straight into his orbs. Sungyeol could feel himself gulping before calling out the younger’s name.

 

‘M-Myungsoo?’

 

Myungsoo just stared at him, not even opening his mouth and slowly, he walked backwards. Sungyeol hurried in front, trying to grab Myungsoo’s hand but Myungsoo was retreating faster than he thought, and he was then stuck at the ground, as though someone was pulling his legs downwards. Sungyeol panicked even further as he tried to struggle out of whatever was grabbing onto his legs and ran to Myungsoo, but Myungsoo disappeared into thin air and everything went dark before the ground below swallow him whole.

 

‘Ack!’ Sungyeol bolted up, sweating and panting heavily.

 

‘Sungyeol? Are you alright? I heard you screaming.’ His mum rushed into the door, still dressed in her night gown.

 

‘I-It’s just a bad dream. It’s okay, umma, you can o back to sleep. I’ll go and have a hot shower and I’ll feel better. Don’t worry about me.’ Sungyeol flashed Mrs Lee a not-so-convincing smile as he climbed out of his bed and went into the bathroom.

 

As Sungyeol felt the warm water pelted onto his skin, he thought about the nightmare he had. It was really scary. But why it was Myungsoo? Why not others like Sungjong, his brother or his parents? What exactly was his fear?

 

‘Morning Yeol.’ Myungsoo woke up and yawned, rubbed his eyes cutely as he stretched. ‘How’s sleep?’

 

‘It’s not too bad.’ Sungyeol lied.

 

‘Why are you up so early? It’s only 6 in the morning you know.’ Myungsoo looked tired.

 

‘Just because. Yah! I’m bathing now so go back to sleep you ert!’ Sungyeol didn’t want Myungsoo to find out about his dream since being a jerk he was, Myungsoo would definitely make a joke out of it or become some cheesy bastard and say ‘Aww! I didn’t know you love me that much’ or something like that.

 

Sungyeol turned off the tap as he dried himself and changed into his uniform. Well, he felt better of course and refreshed, ready to start his day again. He went downstairs to make his own breakfast, since he had been starting to do that when Myungsoo inhabit into his body temporarily, Myungsoo kept saying that he should loss some fats and build more muscles to look attractive so that he could be the ultimate boss of kingka/queenka competition or some like that.

 

His breakfast had changed from scramble eggs and sausages plus a cup of milk to a small bowl of non-fat yogurt, a salad and a protein drink that could help to develop his muscles. At first, Sungyeol didn’t want to do it because, who would want to abandon their nice breakfast to disgusting stuff like that? But Myungsoo threatened him if he didn’t follow what he said, he would have to do the ‘Warrior Diet’ instead. Sungyeol, being the smart , did a little research on that and decided that following Myungsoo’s instruction was much better.

 

‘Good morning Hyung.’ Daeyeol groggily went to the kitchen and pulled out a carton of milk.

 

‘Morning. How’s your exams going?’ Sungyeol asked as he chewed onto the leaves lettuce.

 

‘Not very well done. Come on Hyung, you know that I aren’t smart like you.’ Daeyeol pouted and Sungyeol laughed at the sight since it was really funny when Daeyeol still have traces of milk surrounding his mouth.

 

‘If you need help, ask from me okay? I don’t want my reputation of a top student to go down too.’ Sungyeol controlled his laughter when he saw Daeyeol frowned as Daeyeol wiped of the milk with his sleeves.

 

‘Okay. Hyung, I heard that you’re in for the annual Kingka/Queenka competition held in your school?’ Daeyeol looked at Sungyeol who just nodded in reply after a little hesitation. ‘Hyung, I’m pretty sure you’ll win the competition. You’re very handsome now, if you don’t know. I’ll go there to support you on the actual date.’

 

Sungyeol was a little surprised that Daeyeol would want to support him. Maybe his brother loved him more than he had known it himself. Sungyeol quietly chuckled to himself before finishing all his food and placed his plates and bowls into the basin so that he could go to school.

 

‘Hey.’ Someone tapped his shoulder, Sungyeol turned and found a smiling Woohyun.

 

‘What do you want?’ Sungyeol narrowed his eyes at Woohyun.

 

‘Well, just a small talk with Myungsoo.’ Woohyun stated.

 

‘You wanna talk to him?’ Sungyeol asked Myungsoo.

 

‘Sure, why not? His my best friend, someone I’ve known since I was in diapers.’ Myungsoo shrugged and Sungyeol took a step back so that Myungsoo would gain control of his body.

 

‘Sup.’ ‘Sungyeol’ smirked.

 

‘Myungsoo, I don’t know why you’re doing this but since you want to help Sungyeol to become a Kingka, I figure that I can step in to help as well, you know, someone who can physically help him.’ Woohyun looked at Myungsoo.

 

‘Hm. I’ll see what you can do.’ Myungsoo tapped his chin. ‘Ah! You can help to train Yeollie so that he can develop some muscles. Geez. Look at these arms. They’re like bamboo sticks that my mum used to cane me when I was younger. (Sungyeol: Yah! Kim Myungsoo!) Ouch Yeollie! Don’t hit me! (Sungyeol: *snorted* You totally deserve that.) Oh! And y abs as well.’

 

‘Not a problem. He’s following the beginner diet?’ Woohyun asked.

 

‘Yep. Don’t worry about his food intake. I’ll take care of that. You take care of the physical training will do.’ Myungsoo smirked again. ‘So you know what to do? I’m going to let Yeollie back now.’

 

‘Hey.’ Sungyeol greeted again.

 

‘Well, I’ll appear in front of your home every morning at 5 since I figure that you’d have to study after school everyday and I have my own basketball practice.’ Woohyun tilted his head.

 

‘What?! 5?! Are you kidding? You can be serious, right?’ Sungyeol’s eyes widened.

 

‘Yep. You hear me. 5. A.M., I won’t be late so get ready before 5, once I reach we’ll start.’ Woohyun walked away after giving Sungyeol a smile, leaving Sungyeol to stone there alone.

 

‘Yeollie, just a friendly reminder that if you don’t go to school now you’ll be late and not mentioning that the first lesson you’re having is taught by Mr Park. I’m pretty sure you don’t want to stand outside the class for the whole day with both hands raised right?’ Myungsoo smiled cheekily at Sungyeol who recovered from his dazing.

 

Sungyeol made it just in time for the lesson and sat beside Sungjong.

 

‘Hey hyung!’ Sungjong said cheerfully and Sungyeol smiled back. ‘Wanna hang out today after school? There’s a new cupcake store opened near school and it looks delicious. Want to go with me?’

 

‘Jongie, you know that I can’t eat sweet stuff now…’ Sungyeol sighed, the thought of cupcakes already made his mouth watered.

 

‘Oh yeah. You’re on diet. I’m so sorry. Anyway, you’re getting really handsome now you know? Look! Some of the girls are peeking into this direction to look at you!’ Sungjong squealed.

 

‘Oh come on Jongie. They’re most likely to be looking at you. You’re so pretty!’ Sungyeol denied.

 

‘Hyung, please. If they are looking at me, their eyes would be burning with the flame of jealousy, not admiration or the early sign of fangirling.’ Sungjong snorted.

 

‘S-Sungyeol oppa, t-this is for you.’ A shy girl came over to his table and handed him a pink envelope.

 

‘See? Confession letters coming your way.’ Sungjong winked at Sungyeol. ‘If you’re aren’t my best friend, I would’ve crush on you but too bad, I have my own goddess.’

 

‘Oh? Who’s that?’ Sungyeol’s brows were raised.

 

‘you know Ren from Class B? He’s so pretty…’ Sungjong said dreamily as he place his cheeks on his palms and elbows on the table.

 

‘Yeah. Yeah. He’s sure a hit. Don’t worry buddy, I’ll never fall for him.’ Sungyeol rolled his eyes and for no reason at all, some of the girls in their class squealed.

 

‘Oh my gosh! Look at Him! He rolled his eyes!’

 

‘I never knew that him rolling his eyes will be so charming!’

 

‘Kya~ I’m going to faint~’

 

‘Shut up!’ Hyuna screamed and silence immediately struck the classroom. Hyuna smirked as she made her way to Sungyeol’s seat, he hip swinging from side to side, which earned a disgusted look from Sungjong.

 

 

‘Lee Sungyeol. You did better than I thought. But! Don’t you even think of becoming a Kingka like Woohyun oppa or Myungsoo oppa. They have awesome six pack abs, unlike you, who only have a disgusting fat tummy.’ Hyuna poked Sungyeol’s stomach with her index finger and her face displayed the expression of disgust the moment she poked him.

 

Sungjong, being a protective dongsaeng, slapped Hyuna’s finger away and immediately took out a piece of antiseptic wipe to wipe his hands.

 

‘At least hyung’s better than you, he’s real and your fake. The perfume you use is a fake Chanel N°5 and the smell of it is making me sick because of the fake smell. Now SHOO.’ Sungjong waved his hands in the air get rid of the awful smell.

 

Hyuna stormed away angrily and Sungyeol covered his mouth with his hands to hide his laughter as the grumpy teacher entered the classroom.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey there! So this chapter doesn't have much Myungyeol, since I want to emphasize on how much Sungyeol had transform. (Yes, I'm a slow author that drag chapters... ><) Nevertheless, hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. :)

 

Thanks for subbing, reading, upvoting and commenting. <3

 

Do hope that you guys comments. :3