Chapter 14

It's all the Angels' fault!

Myungsoo… He was really gone, wasn’t he? Sungyeol only felt numb, he wanted to cry, but he couldn’t.

 

‘Hyung, did you see the score that the judges gave you?! Oh my gosh! I can’t believe it! It’s 97! All the other participants are going to have a hard time beating your score- hyung! Where are you going?’ Sungjong yelled as Sungyeol ran off.

 

‘Don’t, Sungjong. Let him be. Leave him alone for a while and he will be fine.’ Woohyun pulled Sungjong back.

 

‘But…’ Sungjong looked at the direction Sungyeol ran off to with worry in his eyes.

 

Sungyeol wasn’t sure where he was going but before he knew it, he had ran to the hospital where Myungsoo’s body was. He panted heavily and after he had calmed himself down, he took the lift to 14 floor. He stood outside of the door with the tag ‘Kim Myungsoo’ on it and his finger traced along those bold black kanji. He watched from the glass on the door, where Myungsoo’s parents were inside the room. They must have rushed here after the performance.

 

Mrs Kim was crying hard, with Mr Kim patting her shoulders to provide some comfort. There was a doctor present in the room. He couldn’t hear what they were saying but he could make out a few words like ‘won’t survive for long’ and ‘nothing can be done’. Sungyeol could no longer bear to watch what the doctor was going to say, he ran to the staircase and ran all the way up the rooftop.

 

‘Ah!’ Sungyeol yelled out while grabbing the railing.

 

Nothing can be done.

 

Those were the most hopeless words Sungyeol had ever heard in his entire life. As though knowing Sungyeol’s sorrow, raindrops started pelting down from the sky and onto Sungyeol face.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 ‘I have to find hyung. He must be in the rain.’ Sungjong ran out with an umbrella once he saw rain started pouring.

 

Where would Sungyeol hyung be? Sungjong wondered. And what had just happened? Why was Mrs Kim hugging Sungyeol? Following his instinct, Sungjong went to the hospital and asked for Myungsoo’s room number.

 

‘Sorry, erm, did you see Sungyeol?’ Sungjong asked Mr Kim politely.

 

‘Nope. We didn’t see him at all. Did something happen?’ Mrs Kim looked worried and her eyes were puffy and red.

 

‘No, no. Nothing has happened. It is just that he ran off after the competition and I am a little worried for him.’ Sungjong quickly waved his hands in front of him and shook his head. ‘Thank you!’

 

Walking to the stairs, Sungjong wondered to himself as he looked at his phone. Strange. Sungyeol’s phone was connected with Sungjong’s so that in case of anything that happened Sungjong would be able to help him. But right now, it showed that Sungyeol was in the hospital as well. Humph. Where could he be?

 

Sungjong kept himself calm as he tried to think of the possible area that Sungyeol could be hiding. Oh yes! How could he forget about the rooftop?! Sungjong ran up and flung opened the rooftop door, finding Sungyeol hugging his knees and staring blankly ahead.

 

‘Yeol hyung!’ Sungjong ran to Sungyeol and opened up the umbrella. ‘Are you alright, hyung? Come on, let’s get out of the rain or you will fall ill.’ Sungjong attempted to drag Sungyeol onto his feet.

 

But Sungyeol wouldn’t bulge at all.

 

‘…He‘s gone.’ Sungyeol mumbled.

 

‘What? Hyung did you just say something?’ Sungjong couldn’t hear what Sungyeol had just said since the rain was pouring.

 

‘He’s gone. I said, Kim Myungsoo is gone!’ Sungyeol yelled and grabbed Sungjong’s arms. ‘What should I do now? Jong, tell me! What should I do now?’

 

‘Hyung, calm down. Why would Myungsoo be gone?’ Sungjong was trying to understand the situation. ‘Come on, let’s get you back home first, okay?’

 

‘You don’t understand. I can’t live without him anymore… I need him. Jong, is there any way for Myungsoo to come back?’ Sungyeol pleaded.

 

At this point in time, Sungjong was totally confused about what Sungyeol was saying. Since when Sungyeol got so close with Myungsoo? That was really weird. But luckily, Sungyeol was already worn out so Sungjong didn’t had to use up all his strength to get Sungyeol out of the rain and get into a taxi.

 

‘Oh goodness! What happened?!’ Mrs Lee opened the door when the doorbell rang and got a shock out of her life after seeing both Sungyeol and Sungjong drenched with rainwater. ‘Come in! Quick!’

 

‘Thank you ahjumma.’ Sungjong thanked Mrs Lee politely after getting a towel from her.

 

‘Well, what has happened? Sungyeol look like hell. I rushed him to take a bath. Is he upset over something?’ Mrs Lee asked Sungjong, gravely concerned about her son.

 

‘I am not sure as well. I found him at the rooftop of the hospital and he said things I can’t understand. I will ask one of our friend about it. Maybe he has an answer.’ Sungjong immediately thought of Woohyun, Myungsoo’s best friend.

 

‘Please do so. I don’t want to see Sungyeol depress again. I was so happy when I see his transformation.’ Mrs Lee gave Sungjong a grateful look before going into the kitchen to prepare some hot lemon honey water for the both of them.

 

Meanwhile, Sungjong took out his phone to call Woohyun.

 

‘I want to know everything, what exactly has happened to Sungyeol hyung.’ Sungjong said, eyes deepening.

 

‘Let’s meet up at the café near school at 8pm and I will tell you everything I know.’ Woohyun let out a sigh before hanging up.

 

‘Yeol hyung, are you done showering?’ Sungjong went into Sungyeol’s room and knocked onto the bathroom door.

 

There was no reply. When Sungjong was getting really anxious that Sungyeol had fainted in the bathroom, Sungyeol opened the door abruptly.

 

‘Stop yelling Jongie.’ Sungyeol walked to his bed and wrapped himself up with his blanket. ‘I just want to sleep. I am tired.’

 

‘Okay. I will leave the drink here. I’d better take a shower as well. Can I borrow the bathroom?’ Sungjong still felt he was sticky all over.

 

‘Go ahead.’ Sungyeol closed his eyes and turned to face the wall. As he heard Sungjong locking the bathroom door, he opened his eyes once again. A tear silently slipped out from the corner of his right eye, leaving a dark mark on his pillow case.

 

________________________________________________

 

On the other hand, Hoya was busy finding Myungsoo’s soul as Myungsoo’s soul had disappeared into thin air after exiting Sungyeol’s body.

 

‘Damn! Where did Myungsoo’s soul goes to?’ Hoya could only helplessly look at the crystal ball, searching frantically.

 

Behind Hoya’s back, a pair of eyes observed him and let out a sigh as the mysterious person walked away silently with a long wand, the huge emerald gem glowing brightly.

 

_____________________________________________________

 

It had been three days since the result for the winner of the competition was released. Sungyeol, without doubt, had won the first place with the nearly perfect marks.

 

‘You’ve lost. I know you won’t stand a chance in winning Sungyeol hyung.’ Sungjong stuck out his tongue at Hyuna when she walked towards Sungyeol.

 

‘I know. I didn’t expect that you will win at all. I just want to apologise for what I have done to you before.’ Hyuna said sincerely.

 

‘It’s alright.’ Sungyeol just waved her off. It wasn’t him who won the bet. It was Myungsoo.

 

But Myungsoo…

 

‘Anyway, I think you can stop being so crazy over Myungsoo already. His parents had decided to give up on him and most probably, he will be gone by tomorrow.’ Woohyun said with a blank face.

 

‘But I thought I just saw-‘ Hyuna began.

 

‘You guys can carry on talking. I want to go to the bookstore nearby to get pen. I am running low on that.’ Sungyeol cut off Hyuna and walked off.

 

‘Hyung! Wait for me!’ Sungjong called after Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol felt as though he couldn’t breathe. The mention of Myungsoo is just so suffocating that Sungyeol had decided to run away from the fact that Myungsoo was no longer with him. He had made a lame excuse to get away from anyone who would remind him of Myungsoo.

 

‘Hyung, are you alright? You look pale.’ Sungjong asked while they were queuing up at the cashier area.

 

‘I’m fine.’ Sungyeol quickly replied but dizziness began to take over and the whole world turned upside down.

 

‘Sungyeol!’ Someone called out for him before he felt himself fall into a warm embrace and lost conscious.

 

By the time Sungyeol woke up, he found himself in the hospital, with Sungjong and Woohyun seated beside his bed.

 

‘You haven’t been eating.’ Woohyun broke the silence.

 

‘I am not hungry.’ Sungyeol replied dryly, staring at the back of his hand where a needle had been inserted into his flesh.

 

‘Stop with that I’m not hungry! Sungyeol, Myungsoo is gone, but he won’t want to see you in this state. He had been trying to get you back onto your feet and here you are, destroying every effort that Myungsoo had put in! Do you even care about those who care about you? People like us,’ Woohyun pointed at himself and Sungjong before continuing. ‘Are all dead worried about you! Can you please stop treating as though the world has come to an end?’

 

‘Shut up!’ Sungyeol yelled. ‘You think I don’t care? I do! I am trying my best to cope so not to let you guys worry. I have been avoiding that topic haven’t I? You think I haven’t tried forcing myself to eat? I have but it is just not working! My stomach just turn upside down and all I could do is to throw up everything I ate.’

 

‘Yeol hyung, it’s alright. We are not blaming you or anything. We just want you to be happy and live the rest of your life just like any human being on earth. Woohyun is just worried.’ Sungjong hugged Sungyeol when he saw Sungyeol sobbing. ‘Just ask for help when you need. We’re always here for you and we just want to make sure you’re okay.’

 

‘I know.’ Sungyeol replied with a muffled voice.

 

‘I’m off. I have basketball tournament on Friday. Are you guys coming to watch? I can reserve two seats for you.’ Woohyun offered.

 

‘Sure! We’ll go for sure. Good luck for training.’ Sungjong gave him a little wave while Sungyeol, who had already calmed down, gave him a nod.

 

 

_______________________________________

 

 

So boring. Sungyeol thought. Until now, Sungyeol still couldn’t figure out the chemistry of boys liking basketball as a sport. Well, Sungyeol wasn’t a sporty person to start with so he looked around him. Around him was some of their schoolmates and they were holding a huge banner to cheer their school’s athletes on. Right now, they were rehearsing the cheers. Since Sungyeol had won the kingka competition, some girls passed him a bottle of water, some passed him some snacks while some gave him a few pieces of paper to invite him to join them for cheering.

 

Sungyeol politely thanked those girls and earned many blushed faces when he gave them a small smile.

 

‘Kya! Sungyeol oppa smiled at me!’

 

‘No! He was smiling at me!’

 

Sungyeol was a little helpless as he thought to himself, this would be what Myungsoo was dealing with every single day, wouldn’t it? Geez. Sungyeol wondered how Myungsoo was doing in heaven. He went heaven, right?

 

Yes, Sungyeol had decided not to let his friends and family worry and just two days, he had great improvement and he didn’t throw up if he ate small portions of food. As he scanned the indoor sport hall audience, he felt his heart stopped when he saw a person wearing sunglasses at the opposite sector.

 

That person gave him a smile and signaled him to go to the exit. Sungyeol stood up.

 

‘Hyung, where are you going? The match is going to start and-‘ Sungjong looked at him with popcorns in one hand and coke in another.

 

‘Washroom. I’ll be back real soon.’ Sungyeol ran off.

 

‘Hyung! Bathroom is on the other side!’ Sungjong took a few seconds to react and yelled after Sungyeol, but Sungyeol had already disappeared in the sea of people.

 

‘Hi, long time no see. I see that you had a great change and won the kingka competition? Congrats! It’s a real pity that I couldn’t make it or you may not stand a chance.’ The person took off his sunglasses and smiled at Sungyeol. Sungyeol just froze in his path. It’s not possible. But that face was the most familiar face and that face belonged to the person whom Sungyeol had been so upset with.

 

‘You’re… You’re Kim Myungsoo?!’ Sungyeol’s eyes widen in disbelief.

 

 

____________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Sorry that I broke my promise. I forgot to update before I travel overseas and I didn't bring my laptop. O.o Okay. Just a few more chapters to the end. Hang on there. Thanks for subbing and the votes! <3

 

Do leave me so comment, yes? :)