Chapter 13

It's all the Angels' fault!

Refresh (For those who has forgotten what has happened which includes me haha)

 

Sungyeol could no longer talk to Myungsoo since he had chased him away, with the competition in a week’s time. Myungsoo’s parents were planning to remove Myungsoo’s feeding tubes in a month’s time. On the angel’s side, Hoya had found the reverse of the soul exchange spell but Dongwoo had fallen sick.

 

Okay, now proceed to the update~

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

Time flies. It was already the first round of the competition. It had always been Woollim High’s tradition to carry out such competition. Occasionally, parents were invited to watch as well.

 

The first round of competition was fashion. The judging criteria had three categories. First, the clothing that the participant chose to wear. Second, the look, such as the body build, the face and makeup. Lastly, the temperament of the person. This category is based on how the person carried him or herself, how confident the person look etc. The first round would be carried out as a fashion show, where participant would be walking a runway set up by the competition committee.

 

‘Whoa.’ Sungjong looked around, dazed by the lighting and the decoration in the school hall. ‘I never knew that our school hall can be this pretty! It really looks like one of the runway show carried out in the Europe!’

 

‘Jongie, I thought you’re always a fan of fashion? Why didn’t you watch the previous competition?’ Sungyeol looked a little confused.

 

‘Tsk, hyung, think about it. Why would I come here to watch those fakers? It is because of you that I came to watch so be honored!’ Sungjong patted his own chest proudly while Sungyeol could only smiled helplessly.

 

To be really honest, Sungyeol had no confident in this. Especially when he could no longer feel Myungsoo’s presence, he just felt like chickening out, run home and hide in his bed. But he had made his promise to Myungsoo, although Myungsoo seemed to have broken his promise, Sungyeol didn’t want to break his own. He wanted Myungsoo to feel proud of him and not all his hard work gone down the drain.

 

‘I will make you feel even guiltier for abandoning me, Myungsoo ah.’ Sungyeol whispered to himself.

 

‘Hyung, did you just say something?’ Sungjong asked.

 

‘Nothing. Just mumbling to myself. Let’s go to the changing room, Woohyun must be waiting.’ Sungyeol quickly offered a half-hearted smile.

 

Woohyun had picked out an outfit for Sungyeol the other day. A blue shirt with some stripes at one side and plain white on the other side. A pair of khaki skinny jeans and a pair of light brown boat shoes. Simple, but it looked casual enough and comfortable enough for Sungyeol to wear, unlike some participants who chose to wear suits. Woohyun asked Key to help with Sungyeol’s makeup. Since Sungyeol no longer had any outburst on his face and Myungsoo had done his best in removing all those acnes scars, Sungyeol had almost perfect complex now so Key didn’t have a lot of work to do. With only some eyeliner and foundation, Sungyeol had been transformed into one of the most handsome participants.

 

‘Wow, hyung, you’re so handsome that I regret not asking you out.’ Sungjong laughed while hugging Sungyeol’s arm. ‘I bet a lots of girls out there will faint if you wink at them!’

 

‘Stop it Jongie, it is embarrassing enough.’ Sungyeol blushed and looked at himself in the mirror.

 

He himself, couldn’t believe how much he had changed. It was just like Cinderella becoming a princess which only occurred in the fairy tales.

 

‘Number 8! Please get ready!’ Someone called out Sungyeol’s number.

 

Sungyeol stood up and the rest of them gave him a fist bump to encourage him. After taking a deep breath, Sungyeol walked towards the T-stage.

 

Keep cool, stay chest up, Lee Sungyeol, you can do this. Sungyeol cheered for himself in his own heart.

 

Each step he took was confident, just like how he had been trained by Sungjong. Chest out, stomach in, with one of his hand tucked in his jean’s pocket. He heard some of his classmates screamed and yelled his name, but his eyes were no longer darting right and left timidly. They were fixed at the front, even when the flashy camera light flashed. There were only determination left in his eyes.

 

Sungyeol completed walking the runway in just 7 minutes, but it was far more than enough. He dared not look at the score board but he knew he had done a good job when he saw Sungjong’s reaction.

 

‘Hyung! You’ve gotten a full mark for temperament! Awesome! I bet Hyuna will be fuming mad! You’re in the lead and I am sure you’re going into the second round of the competition!’ Sungjong exclaimed and turned round and round.

 

Sungyeol was grateful to have these friends with him, and he was really happy that he had done a good job. He smiled as he faced the only few friends he had.

 

‘You smiled.’ Woohyun blurted out.

 

‘Sorry?’ Sungyeol turned to Woohyun.

 

‘The smile you just had, was the true smile. It has been disappearing after Myungsoo had gone…’ Woohyun’s voice trailed off.

 

Myungsoo. The moment Sungyeol heard Myungsoo’s name, he just felt his heart sank. Had Myungsoo really gotten chased out by him? Maybe he was back in his own body?

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

‘So did you manage to find the spell?’ Kyungsoo asked Hoya.

 

‘Well, yeah. Chunji gave it to me. But I had made Dongwoo hyung sick by giving him the potion that Chunji had made. What should I do?’ Hoya was on the verge of crying.

 

‘Don’t worry, I’ll go and take a look, you can continue with what you have to do. Soul exchange is serious business and you should always monitor the two souls in that particular body or else something may goes wrong. That will be a nasty mess to take care of.’ Kyungsoo reassured Hoya before rushing into Dongwoo’s room.

 

Hoya went back to his crystal ball, and he cursed the moment he saw what was happening,

 

‘! Why is Myungsoo’s soul trapped? Damn.’ Hoya flipped the book Chunji gave him quickly and found the problem immediately.

 

Myungsoo could no longer communicate to Sungyeol was because he was ‘blocked’ out by the mental body of Sungyeol’s, this situation was due certain words or emotion that Sungyeol had with Myungsoo. Also, Hoya found out that he had to get Myungsoo’s soul out of Sungyeol’s body as soon as possible or else, Myungsoo would die for sure. Hoya checked the time funnel of Myungsoo’s. Damn, he was only left with 3 days of human time for Myungsoo to be saved and for the reverse magic of soul exchange to take place, one day of human time will be occupied.

 

Hoya accessed the situation with a huge frown as he looked at the competition rounds. The second round coming up was talent time.

 

‘That’s it!’ Hoya thought of an idea and carried out immediately.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

‘Ladies and gentlemen, since this year is the 5th year since the birth of this competition, we will be doing something special!’ The emcee of the competition announced. ‘for talent time, everyone will be singing! You can sing whatever you want, just any song. There will be professional judges who are judging your performance so all the best, participants!’

 

‘Singing?’ Sungyeol frowned.

 

‘Hyung! What song will you be singing?’ Sungjong asked, really curious about what song Sungyeol was going to sing.

 

‘I don’t know.’ Sungyeol was troubled, really troubled. He was never good in singing. Neither did he know what the popular songs were. He couldn’t go onto stage and sing Gangnam style, right?

 

After 20 minutes of preparation time, the emcee called for the participants to draw lots so as to decide who would go first.

 

‘Hyung, if you really don’t know what to sing, just sing Mary has a little lamb. I’m pretty sure you won’t go out of tune for that song.’ Sungjong gave him a ‘fighting’ sign.

 

Sungyeol groaned when he saw the number he had taken. It was one. He would be the first one to go and sure, he would be the first one to be eliminated. Oh, why, must there be singing?

 

‘Now, let’s welcome our first participant, Lee Sungyeol!’ the emcee announced.

 

Sungyeol slowly went up to the stage, where the spotlight was on, his palms getting sweaty. The moment he saw the mic, he felt so nervous and dizzy, because he was really planning to sing ‘Mary has a little lamb’. Before he could open his mouth, the long gone but familiar voice spoke. It was Myungsoo.

 

‘Sungyeol, I will take over from here.’ Myungsoo said, with a smile. A smile that was so soothing that Sungyeol almost burst into tears.

 

‘Myungsoo!’ Sungyeol cried out.

 

‘Yes, just this one last time, I will take over your body.’ Myungsoo gave him another yet sad smile.

 

Before Sungyeol could say another word, Myungsoo gained the full control.

 

‘Today, I will be singing ‘Somewhere over the rainbow’ Please enjoy.’ Myungsoo said through Sungyeol’s body.

 

The soft melody started and Myungsoo started to sing, using Sungyeol’s body.

 

‘Somewhere over the rainbow

Way up high

And the dreams that you dreamed of

Once in a lullaby

 

Somewhere over the rainbow

Blue birds fly

And the dreams that you dreamed of

Dreams really do come true ooh oh

 

Someday I'll wish upon a star

Wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Where trouble melts like lemon drops

High above the chimney tops

That's where you'll find me

 

Oh, somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly

And the dream that you dare to,

Oh why, oh why can't I?

 

Well I see trees of green and red roses too,

I'll watch them bloom for me and you

And I think to myself

What a wonderful world

 

Well I see skies of blue

And I see clouds of white

And the brightness of day

I like the dark

And I think to myself

What a wonderful world

 

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky

Are also on the faces of people passing by

I see friends shaking hands

Saying, "How do you do?"

They're really saying, I...I love you

 

I hear babies cry and I watch them grow,

They'll learn much more than we'll know

And I think to myself

What a wonderful world world

 

Someday I'll wish upon a star,

Wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Where trouble melts like lemon drops

High above the chimney top

That's where you'll find me

 

Oh, somewhere over the rainbow way up high

And the dream that you dare to, why, oh why can't I? I?’

 

The whole hall was in dead silence before the crowd stood up to clap and cheer. Standing below the stage near the staircase, was Mrs Kim, Myungsoo’s mother.

 

‘Sungyeol… No, you’re-you’re Myungsoo, right?’ Mrs Kim said in a trembling voice. ‘Myungsoo, come back to us. I won’t stop you from singing anymore, please, come back.’

 

‘Umma, I am not angry that you don’t allow me to sing or anything, but I don’t have a choice over where I will be going. I am so sorry that I didn’t tell you I have been here along. But I will no longer be in Sungyeol’s body, I can feel it. Goodbye umma, I love you.’ ‘Sungyeol’ hugged Mrs Kim, who was muttering Myungsoo’s name over and over again while tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

‘Ahjumma.’ Myungsoo was gone. Completely gone, but Sungyeol continued hugging Mrs Kim.

 

‘I’m sorry Sungyeol ah, you’re really a good kid. Thank you for taking care of Myungsoo for so long. Even if it meant to come to the hospital everyday.’ Mrs Kim finally let go of Sungyeol and wiped her tears away.

 

‘No, ahjumma, it is actually Myungsoo who has been taking care of me.’ Sungyeol replied.

 

‘No matter what, thank you. Thank you.’ Mrs Kim couldn’t help but started tearing up again.

 

Sungyeol tried consoling Mrs Kim and found that he could not do that. Myungsoo was gone. Totally gone. Not coming back anymore. Did this means that… Myungsoo was… dead? 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

 

A/N: Hey guys!!!! Touching that I updated? I am glad to announce..... I will be updating this FF at least once a week! Yay! I am sorry for neglecting this FF for such a long long time (a year, almost) and just left that cliffhanger there. QAQ I finally no longer have camps or exams bothering me! YES! Means I am back on AFF. So please continue to support this FF if you like it. I am sorry if my writing is a little funny since it has been a while ever since I write and update. (Right now on my mind is anime, triple sciences and double maths. Oh god) Hope you have enjoyed this though.

 

Really appreciate it if you leave a comment, it will push me on. :)

 

Last but not least, a big thank you for those who sub, voted and commented!