Chapter 12

It's all the Angels' fault!

From far, Hoya could here potion bubbling, he urgently banged onto the door which had a sign with ugly handwriting of ‘Chunji’ on the wooden surface.

 

‘Hey, Hoya hyung, pretty rare to see you here but great nonetheless.’ Chunji opened the door with a rather surprised expression on his face.

 

‘I need you to give me the spell to reverse soul exchange.’ Hoya said quickly.

 

‘Eh? That? Hm. I think I have it around-‘Chunji went back to the room and some rummaging noised could be heard, occasionally some noise that sounded like Chunji whining. ‘Here.’ Chunji handed Hoya that dusty and crumpled small book.

 

‘Thank you so much! You don’t know how thankful I am. You saved my life!’ Hoya cried dramatically and threw his arms over Chunji.

 

‘Well, actually, I heard that Dongwoo hyung is sick right?’ Chunji smiled. ‘Here, take this as well. This is a newly-made recovery potion I’ve just brewed. Just give it to him for me and tell him that I wish him to get well soon.’

 

‘No problem.’ Hoya took the bottle with a suspicious looking slimy green liquid in it from Chunji, and literally skipped back to Dongwoo’s room.

 

What he forgot about was, a week had already past in the human’s world while he was hunting up and down for the reverse spell.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Day by day, Sungyeol’s body had change greatly. From the lanky, skinny, awkward boy with outburst on his face, he had become the guy that all girls would drool to have. His face was smooth and white, his body slightly built, and he had gotten rid of his nerdy glasses that he didn’t even need them in the first place. Of course, credits to Myungsoo and Woohyun.

 

‘Seriously?’ Sungyeol was annoyed once again.

 

‘Yep. Hyung, Woohyun hyung did a great job on your body. Look! Your flabby tummy is replaced with abs now!’ Sungjong poked Sungyeol’s stomach lightly and man, it was hard. Sungyeol slapped Sungjong’s hand away.

 

‘But even so, how can you post this onto all the media sources?’ Sungyeol groaned, pointed to his phone screen. A picture of himself, half , taken when he was asleep and the culprit was none other than the diva, aka his best friend.

 

‘Sungjong’s right.’ Woohyun appeared out of nowhere. ‘This can actually boast your popularity, telling others how you are actually doing.’

 

‘See? Even Woohyun hyung agrees with me. Why are you so worked out? I mean, I didn’t’ even post it on your social media accounts.’ Sungjong smiled brightly and Sungyeol’s face only turned grumpier.

 

‘Sungyeol, are you going to visit Myungsoo today?’ Sungjong suddenly asked.

 

‘Yeah.’ Sungyeol replied quietly. Sungjong still hadn’t know about Myungsoo’s soul and it had become a habit for Sungyeol to go to the hospital to actually visit Myungsoo and look at Myungsoo’s body.

 

School ended pretty quickly that day and Sungyeol walked to the hospital and went into Myungsoo’s room. The beeping of the machine indicating that the teenage boy on the bed was still alive, but Sungyeol could see the different. Myungsoo had become skinnier, totally different from the time they first met each other.

 

‘Myungsoo?’ Sungyeol called out, he reached out to hold Myungsoo’s limp hand, wrapping his fingers around it tightly.

 

‘Yes Yeollie?’ Myungsoo seemed to be more tired lately, one of the reason why Sungyeol didn’t zone out too much. Myungsoo had become quieter. Much quieter and it frightened Sungyeol.

 

‘Why are you being so quiet?’ Sungyeol asked.

 

‘Nothing… It’s just… Aish. I’ll sound dumb. Never mind.’ Myungsoo waved it off.

 

‘No, tell me.’ Sungyeol insisted.

 

‘Well, you can’t laugh at me.’ Myungsoo looked at him with sad eyes. ‘I feel I’m dying. Slowly.’

 

‘What? You can’t! You know you won’t Myungsoo. Your heart is still beating.’ Sungyeol felt panic embracing him.

 

‘I just have this feeling lately that I’m going to leave you, check that, your body very soon. I don’t know where I’ll go and it’s not up to me. It is the stupid angle that arrange it.’ Myungsoo offered a sad smile.

 

‘You can’t, you know that right? I need you. Especially when the competition is just round the corner.’ Sungyeol pleaded.

 

‘You don’t. You have Woohyun. He can be a good replacement of me. He’s much better than me because he can actually do something for you, unlike me, just a soul that inhabit in your body temporarily. You deserves someone better.’ Myungsoo seemed to be quite determined in this and this side of Myungsoo was certainly disliked by Sungyeol.

 

‘No! What bull are you saying? How can you ask me to like Woohyun? How could you?’ Sungyeol choked out. A tear slipped out.

 

‘See? You’re crying now and what can the body in front of you do? Am I able to wipe your tears away and offer you a comforting hug? No! I can’t give you promises, because I’m not even sure whether I can promise to stay alive, Sungyeol. Accept the fact that I’m as good as dead.’ Myungsoo snapped, irritated. ‘So just go with Woohyun, okay? He can take better care of you.’

 

‘Fine! Get out of my life then! You only say these things because you’re sick to put up with all my nonsense aren’t you? I don’t need you anymore!’ Sungyeol yelled out loud and ran out of the hospital, sobbing.

 

Myungsoo disappeared from that day onwards, Sungyeol couldn’t feel another being in him anymore, but nonetheless, Myungsoo’s heart was still beating when he peeked into the ward that Myungsoo was in. Sungyeol couldn’t help but feel a pang of guilt consuming him. He had let his anger get better of him. Again.

 

Sungyeol looked out at the window, he had stopped eating, even if he did, he would only take a few bites and announced that he was full. His cheeks were getting skinnier each day. Everyone was worried and almost no one knew what happened. Except one particular person who was walking towards Sungyeol’s table with a bottle of milk and a sandwich in his hands.

 

‘Thinking of Myungsoo again?’ Woohyun’s voice clearly startled Sungyeol, who jumped a little and tore his eyes from the window.

 

‘Not really.’ Sungyeol sighed.

 

‘Eat. I believe he’ll kill me for not taking care of you when he’s not around. Have you look at yourself into the mirror? The competition is just next week and you look horrible. At least make him feel proud that you have win the competition.’ Woohyun looked at Sungyeol with a half smiling and half serious face.

 

What Woohyun had said made him recall about what Myungsoo told him exactly the day Sungyeol chased him away. Sungyeol felt his eyes getting watery again and decided to grab the sandwich and kept stuffing into his mouth, until his mouth was full of food and tried his best to chew it, looking onto the ceiling to prevent tears from dropping.

 

‘You know, if you want to cry, I can lend my shoulder to you.’ Woohyun offered quietly. ‘Don’t have to keep everything to yourself, or else it’ll make it worst.’ Sungyeol stubbornly ignored him and drank the milk, forcing the food down his stomach with even chewing it properly.

 

Woohyun let out a sigh. Sungyeol reminded him exactly of his friend who was still in coma. Woohyun walked over and pressed Sungyeol’s head firmly down onto his shoulder. A few sniffles could be heard and Woohyun could felt his shoulder getting wet. He patted Sungyeol’s back softly and waited till the sniffling could no longer be heard and the bell had rang.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Dongwoo hyung! Look! I’ve gotten something for you!’ Hoya said excitedly and handed Dongwoo the small bottle of liquid Chunji handed to him earlier.

 

‘What is this?’ Dongwoo shook the bottle a little and narrowed his eyes at it. ‘It is not some of your stupid pranks again, is it?’

 

‘No! Of course not! It’ll help with your recovery! By the way, I’ve found the way to get Myungsoo back to his body!’ Hoya continued babbling excitedly. ‘Look at this book! I got it from Chunji!’

 

‘Oh, Chunji is one of the top students in the soul exchange course after Sunggyu. One of the best. It is pretty wise of you to turn to him for help.’ Dongwoo gulped down the potion and his face scrunched in disgust. ‘Yah! Lee Howon! What the hell is this? Why does this taste so weird?’

 

‘I don’t know. Chunji said it is to help you recover.’ Hoya looked a little worried. ‘Hyung, are you alright? You look a little funny…’

 

‘WHAT?! Why didn’t you tell me earlier that this bottle of thing is from Chunji? Oh my goodness. You better pray hard that I won’t die. Chunji failed his potion making class!’ Dongwoo’s eyes suddenly turned white and he just collapsed back to his bed with his tongue hanging out slightly.

 

‘Hyung! Hyung! Dongwoo Hyung! Are you alright? Help! Someone help me with Dongwoo hyung!’ Hoya stared at Dongwoo’s unconscious body in horror and started yelling, he ran out of Dongwoo’s room and crashed into Kyungsoo, once again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Hyung, are you going to visit Myungsoo hyung again?’ Sungjong asked when class ended.

 

‘I… I don’t know.’ Sungyeol said quietly. Ever since the fight, Sungyeol had stopped visiting Myungsoo, Sungjong didn’t know anything about it, no one did, except Woohyun.

 

‘You have to go there today.’ Woohyun appeared again. ‘His mother is visiting him today. It’ll be better if you’re there. No matter what Myungsoo had done, you should go there.’

 

‘Fine. I’ll go.’ Sungyeol sighed, defeated by Woohyun’s determination.

 

Sungyeol slowly walked to the hospital. He was worried, Woohyun seemed to know something that Sungyeol didn’t know. Well, it wasn’t new. The Kim family and the Nam family had been friends since almost forever, and it wouldn’t come as a surprise that Woohyun did know something. Sungyeol pushed opened the door to Myungsoo’s ward quietly and he was greeted by Mrs Kim, who was crying badly.

 

‘Ahjumma.’ Sungyeol greeted Myungsoo’s mum, who hugged him tightly when she saw him entering.

 

‘I’m so touched that after so long since the incident, there is still classmate of his that will come and visit Myungsoo.’ She finally released Sungyeol. ‘But it won’t be necessary anymore, Sungyeol ah. Thank you for visiting and taking care of Myungsoo for so long, but I don’t think you have to come here anymore.’

 

Sungyeol almost blurted out ‘Myungsoo’s the one who took care of me ahjumma.’ Then he realised and managed to let his slow brain to processed what Mrs Kim had just said.

 

‘Why… Why wouldn’t it be necessary for me to come here anymore? I’m his friend, I have the responsibility, don’t I?’ Sungyeol looked confused. Mrs Kim dabbed away her tears using a handkerchief.

 

‘Myungsoo’s appa and I decided that it is best for Myungsoo and us, to remove his feeding tubes. Myungsoo’s brain activities have been decreasing, even the doctor say it is not a good sign, it is a sign that he might be in coma forever.’ Mrs Kim explained with her hoarse voice. ‘We’re planning to do that next month.’

 

‘Wh-What? Ahjumma! You can’t do that!’ Sungyeol cried in horror.

 

‘Yes, we can and we are going to. Myungsoo will be suffering if he remains in this state. See? He’s getting skinnier and skinner. It doesn’t look like him anymore. Sungyeol ah, it’s time to let go of him so don’t visit him anymore, okay? He’ll leave next month, that's for sure.’ Mrs Kim said a little more firmly and with more force this time.

 

The memories of Myungsoo and him spending time together sharing a body came flooded into his mind as he stumbled out of the room and walked down the corridor of the hospital, earning stares from the patients.

 

‘Myungsoo, how do you bathe when you’re like this?’ Sungyeol asked during one of their visit to the hospital to take a look at Myungsoo’s body.

 

‘I guess the nurse will give me sponge baths. Why?’ Myungsoo looked at him with a weird look.

 

‘Oh. Nothing. I’m just curious. I was wondering why you didn’t smell since you have been lying there so long.’ Sungyeol said.

 

‘Haha! How about you help me in future?’ Myungsoo winked at him.

 

‘Ew! No! I don’t want to!’ Sungyeol screeched.

 

‘Sungyeol’s all shy now, are we? Aw come on, I’ve already seen yours so I don’t mind you seeing mine.’ Myungsoo laughed and Sungyeol really wanted to threw a few punches onto that gorgeous face.

 

‘I don’t want to!’ Sungyeol cried.

 

‘Fine. I’ll do it myself. Let me take over then.’ Myungsoo laughed again and Sungyeol took a step back, so that Myungsoo could gain full control of his body. Sungyeol covered his eyes while Myungsoo cleaned his own body using Sungyeol’s hands. Myungsoo just kept on laughing and teasing him on that day, it happened a few times after that incident, but every single time, Myungsoo would help himself to clean his own body with Sungyeol covering his eyes.

 

 

Sungyeol groggily walked out of the hospital and decided to return home.

 

 

‘Yah! Sungyeol ah! Look!’ Myungsoo whispered. They were eating in the cafeteria. Sungyeol looked up and saw Hyuna’s best friends walking past them. Without warning Sungyeol, Myungsoo took over Sungyeol’s body and called out.

 

‘Girls!’ “Sungyeol” called out. Hyuna’s clique looked around, confused and pointed to themselves. ‘Yes you! Come here.’

 

‘What do you want, Lee Sungyeol?’ One of them narrowed her eyes at “Sungyeol” but “Sungyeol just smiled charmingly.

 

‘You girls look like you need some help to deliver Hyuna’s lunch, how about I help you? I’m about to finished my lunch and I’m going back to class anyway.’ “Sungyeol” offered.

 

‘Hm. Alright. We haven’t have our lunch yet. Thanks Sungyeol!’ They thanked him and walked off, leaving a box of bento and a large cup of drink on the table.

 

‘Yah, Kim Myungsoo, what are you planning to do?’ Sungyeol hissed.

 

‘Shh. Keep quiet and just watch. Hehehehe.’ Myungsoo took out a tube a wasabi, a small bottle of soya sauce and a small bottle of tabasco out of nowhere.

 

Sungyeol could only helplessly looked at Myungsoo squeezing the whole tube of wasabi and pour the whole bottle of soya sauce into the coke that Hyuna ordered. Next, Myungsoo poured all the tabasco onto the BBQ chicken in the rice. He used a chopstick to stir the drink a bit so that the wasabi and soya sauce will be of normal colour. He covered back the cup and stood up, going to the classroom.

 

‘Yah, Kim Hyuna, your lunch.’ “Sungyeol” placed it on the table.

 

‘Aw, now you’re planning to kiss my or something? Why all of a sudden you want to buy lunch for me, Lee Sungyeol?’ Hyuna smirked.

 

‘Firstly, I’m not planning to kiss your any time soon, if it is about as kissing, it’ll be you kissing my , not the other way round. Secondly, I’m just pitying your friends who have to sacrifice their lunch for you just to deliver your lunch here, being a gentleman, I decided to be nice. Thirdly, I’ll never buy you lunch so dream on.’ “Sungyeol” returned the smirk and Hyuna ignored him, mixing the BBQ chicken with the rice more thoroughly and took a huge bite.

 

‘Hot, Hot, HOT!!! I need water!’ Hyuna fanned herself and took a long sip from her coke. Only to choked and burst into tears after that.

 

‘Hahaha! Did you see that?’ Myungsoo laughed, stepping aside so that Sungyeol could gain control of his body again.

 

‘Gosh, Myungsoo, I don’t I’ll ever want to cross your path. You’re scary, scarier than Hyuna.’ Sungyeol stared at him with a disbelief look on his face.

 

‘Well, I’ll never do that to you, I’ll only do that to those who treat my treasure as trash.’ Myungsoo smiled.

 

 

Sungyeol arrived home when it was almost evening, his mother was engrossed in watching dramas. Sungyeol didn’t bother to announce his arrival and simply went into his room, and flung himself onto his bed while hugging his pillow.

 

 

‘Look, Myungsoo! There are stars! So many of them!’ Sungyeol looked into the sky in awe. It was during their monthly family outing and Sungyeol decided to take a walk by the sea at night.

 

‘Yeah. I see them when you see them. They’re gorgeous just like you.’ Myungsoo replied.

 

‘Shut up. I’m not gorgeous.’ Sungyeol snapped. Man, Myungsoo just knew how to spoil the moment.

 

‘No, I’m serious.’ Myungsoo sounded serious as well. ‘Promise me, even if I forget about our time spent together, you will not forget about this. You will make me recall everything about you, every moment that we spend together. Of course, I promise to try my best to remember and to wake up.’

 

‘O-Okay.’ Sungyeol stuttered.

 

‘Damn, if I have a human body now, I’ll be kissing you already.’ Myungsoo smirked. ‘You don’t know how adorable you look right now.’

 

‘Way to ruin a beautiful moment, Myungsoo.’ Sungyeol ended up rolling his eyes and blushing furiously, not looking at Myungsoo in his mind.

 

 

‘Stupid Myungsoo. You’re the biggest liar and idiot in the world. What about our promise, huh?’ Sungyeol cried into his pillow, his shoulders shivering vigorously. ‘What can I do without you? You heard what your mum said right? They’re going to give up on you. We don’t’ have much time left. You better wake up, Myungsoo.’ Unconsciously, Sungyeol drifted off to his dreamland tiredly, worn out from all the crying.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: HIHIHI! It's is your lazy writer back here with an update. When is my last update for this FF? Hm. Let me check...*Click* 17th Aug 2014. O.o Okay. I'm not going to come up with any excuse of being busy, because my busy period has already past long ago. I'm just going to apologise for my laziness. I'M SO SORRY GUYS!!! TT^TT Forgive me, okay? >< To make up for it, this chap is almost 3000 words. Hehe. Kinda long don't you think? And lots of emotions going on OMG... I almost cried. JUST KIDDING. Anyway, I do hope you guys are still into this FF despite the long wait (?). Yeah. Hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter. Anyone need tissue? Kekekeke.

 

Thank you so much for subbing, reading, upvoting this, and commenting! (i know this FF doesn't really make much sense but still... You guys are too awesome.)

 

Do leave me a comment about how you feel! <3

 

I'll be back!