Chapter 1

It's all the Angels' fault!

Ringggg~

 

Swamp of students rushed out of their classrooms when the school bell rang. Sungyeol, on the other hand, took his own sweet time to pack. He wasn’t planning to go home at all since he had a habit of studying in the library until five or six.

 

‘Hyung, you’re going to the library again?’ Sungjong tapped Sungyeol’s shoulder.

 

‘Yeah. I have to study.’ Sungyeol said and pushed up his glasses.

 

‘Aish hyung. You’re such a bookworm. Anyway, I’ve got to go home already, my piano teacher’s waiting for me. See you tomorrow. Bye!’ Sungjong waved and ran off.

 

Sungyeol hold onto the straps of his school bag and walked past the basketball court. Unfortunately, today seemed to be his unlucky day, the basketball flew in his direction and hit his head so hard that Sungyeol fell down.

 

‘Are you okay?’ someone squatted beside him, but Sungyeol couldn’t see his face since the sun was shinning, Sungyeol got up, feeling a little dizzy.

 

‘Ye-yeah.’ Sungyeol answered.

 

‘I’m so sorry. I’m Nam Woohyun by the way.’ The guy offered his hand to Sungyeol but Sungyeol ignored it.

 

‘I-It’s okay.’ Sungyeol hurried away while his face blushed furiously.

 

‘What a weird guy.’ Woohyun thought aloud as he picked up the ball and ran back to the court.

 

‘Yah! How can you hurt Sungyeol?!’ Dongwoo said, clearly irritated.

 

‘What? I was just letting him meet one of the kingka so that he can be a small step closer to Myungsoo.’ Hoya said. ‘Don’t interrupt. I still have more things to carry out.’

 

‘Aish… I wonder how you even become an angel in the first place.’ Dongwoo snorted.

 

Sungyeol stretched after studying for two straight hours in the quiet library. He yawned and started to pack his stuff, then walked out of the library. Instead of walking his usual way back him, for no reason at all he wanted to take the shortcut, which is the dark alley that he wasn’t fond of at all, but he regretted immediately after seeing a bunch of hooligans at the end of the dark alley.

 

‘My. My. Look who we have here.’ One of the gangster smirked while looking at Sungyeol.

 

‘Uh-oh. It’s too late to run back now. I’m in big trouble.’ Sungyeol thought as he took a few steps back since the gangsters were getting closer.

 

‘A nerd boss.’ One of them laughed.

 

‘No! The ugliest being on the entire earth!’ The other one, who had a lot of tattoos on his forearm replied.

 

Sungyeol counted mentally, and prayed hard.

 

‘God! Please! I know I’m not good in my physical being but please, just this time that you allow me to run fast. One, Two, Three.’ Sungyeol made a dash with the hooligans chasing him in the long alley and Sungyeol made a turn to one of the exit.

 

‘Damn. This is a dead end.’ Sungyeol’s palms were getting sweaty.

 

‘Hehehe. Where is our sheep going? Find your owner Mary?’ The hooligans stopped running upon realizing that they had trapped Sungyeol. ‘Look at his face, it’s so chubby and there are so many acnes like volcanoes erupting. Hahaha!’ All of them laughed mercilessly while Sungyeol was panting heavily.

 

‘ACKKKKK!’ Sungyeol let out his famous, um, infamous high-pitched dolphin scream.

 

‘How dare you scream? Huh?’ The ‘boss’ of the group grabbed Sungyeol’s face roughly.

 

‘What are you all doing?’ A voice could be heard.

 

‘Oh! Seems like we have another visitor! Since when we buy one get one free?’ The ‘boss’ let go of Sungyeol and smirked at the newcomer. ‘Not bad, You look quite handsome. I think you worth around a hundred bucks for one customer?’

 

‘What did you just say?’ The handsome boy seemed to be provoked. ‘Don’t you dare to touch me. I’ve already call the police so you better get your out of here or you’ll get jailed for harassing underage teenagers.’

 

‘What? Police? Puhahaha! Hey kid, do you think we’re five?’ The ‘boss’ signaled the others to pinned down the handsome boy and the ‘boss’ took out a sharp knife. ‘How about some nice tattoos on your face then?’

 

‘Police! Freeze!’ A bunch of police just in time and arrested all the gangsters, after the police made sure that the two boys are okay, they left.

 

‘Thanks.’ Sungyeol bowed at the handsome boy.

 

‘No problem. You’re from Woollim high school too? Hey! I’m too! My name is Kim Myungsoo. Nice to meet you.’ Myungsoo gave him a smile but Sungyeol hung his head low, remained silent. ‘Hello? What’s your name?’

 

‘M-my name is Lee Sungyeol.’ Sungyeol stuttered.

 

‘Oh I see. Don’t walk here next time, it’s pretty dangerous since this alley is isolated and dark. You’re lucky that your scream is loud enough for my ears to pick up.’ Myungsoo flashed him a bright smile. ‘See you in school!’ He ran off.

 

‘Myungsoo? How come it sounds so familiar?’ Sungyeol wondered but he shook it off and walked him.

 

‘Aigoo! Sungyeol! What happen to you?’ Mrs Lee looked at her son worriedly, sure, she knew about the bullying in school but she couldn’t do anything about it, but Sungyeol looked like he had been, ahem, .

 

‘Nothing mum. I walked the wrong way today and I was clumsy enough to trip for a couple of times.’ Sungyeol lied.

 

‘Be careful in future Sungyeol. If you’re hurt you know that all of us will be sad right?’ Mrs Lee knew her son was lying but pretended not to know since Sungyeol seemed to be reluctant to tell her.

 

‘Sure. I will. I’ll go and shower now.’ Sungyeol went into his room and closed his door softly.

 

‘I only went to attend to my missions and you did what?!’ Dongwoo yelled at Hoya angrily, gone was the usual patient Dongwoo. ‘You could get Sungyeol and Myungsoo killed do you know that? It’s so dangerous!’

 

‘But hyung, don’t you know that this type of situation allow the both of them to remember each other better right?’ Hoya said with a smile on his face.

 

‘No! I’m reporting what you did to Sunggyu right now!’ Dongwoo stormed away but his grown was pulled by Hoya, who looked at him with teary eyes.

 

‘Hyung, I’m really desperate, that’s why I did that. I have to past this exam you know?’ Hoya allowed a tear to roll down his cheek.

 

‘I know. I know. But don’t you know that what you did may resulted the both of them to report to heaven early?’ Dongwoo sighed and pulled Hoya into a hug. ‘Fine. I won’t tell Sunggyu this time. This time only.’

 

‘Thanks hyung!’ Hoya smiled through his tears.

 

‘Myungsoo! Omo! What happen to your uniform? Did you get into a fight?’ Mrs Kim asked Myungsoo.

 

‘No, mum. I didn’t. I was trying to help out a kid from our school. He got into trouble with the hooligans.’ Myungsoo explained while drying his wet hair.

 

‘What? You even get yourself involved with the hooligans? Who is this kid? I’m going to your school tomorrow to complain about having a gangster in the school!’ Mrs Kim jumped up from the sofa and yelled.

 

‘Mum! Clam down will you? He’s not even a gangster. He was bullied by the gangster. You never let me finish my sentence.’ Myungsoo was irritated by his mother’s behavior.

 

‘Thanks god!’ Mrs Kim placed her right hand over her chest. ‘So are you hurt? Is that kid hurt?’

 

‘Nope. I was smart enough to call the police beforehand so everything was fine.’ Myungsoo sat down on the dinning table. ‘I’m starving after being a hero to save the day. Mum, can we start to eat?’

 

‘You hungry ghost. Yeobo! Moonsoo! Come down and have dinner already!’ Mrs Kim yelled.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys! I just found out that I made a mistake on the 'epilogue' thing so I wanted to change it, but it'll show as though I update wouldn't it? So I forced myself to update. How do you find the first chapter? Do you guys like how they met and knew each other? No? Oops. Anyway, thanks for Subbing and reading! Do leave me comments. :) I'll try my best to reply them. See ya~