Chapter 11

It's all the Angels' fault!

‘So, what are we going to do?’ Sungyeol let out a tired yawn. It was freaking 5 a.m. and he was standing in front of his home, wearing a sport attire with Woohyun in front of him.

 

‘We’re going to jog to the Han river. Come on. If you don’t get started, you’ll never make it and you’ll be late for school.’ Woohyun was getting a little impatient. Sungyeol’s eye widened when he heard Woohyun mentioning about Han’s river.

 

‘Are you kidding? Han river is like 3km away from here!’ Sungyeol almost yelled but he didn’t as the whole neighborhood were still asleep.

 

‘Do I look like I’m kidding?’ Woohyun smirked and started jogging. ‘if you don’t’ catch up, you’ll get lost and I won’t know where to find you. So you’d better hurry.’

 

Sungyeol, having no choice, jogged, no, more like ran behind Woohyun. Hey, you couldn’t blame him. He was never the sporty type and he barely exercise. He could do really well in his studies but his physical test would just fail. He had tried to put in effort, but he couldn’t even do 2 pull-ups so what could you expect? And now, Woohyun was demanding him to run 3 km? You had to be kidding him. Woohyun played basketball, so his stamina was really good thanks to all the practice he had. Woohyun’s so-called ‘jogging’ was more like running at a fast speed.

 

Within just 15 minutes, Sungyeol was already slowing down and he was panting heavily, while Woohyun was still breathing normally and maintaining the speed.

 

‘H-Hey! W-Wait! I can’t… Catch… Up.’ Sungyeol huffed and puffed as he slowly changed from running to walking.

 

‘Goodness. You’re weaker than I thought. Fine. You’ll be joining me at the gym on Saturdays as well. It’s barely 500m and you’re already complaining.’ Woohyun clicked his tongue in annoyance. Sungyeol was immediately labelled as weak in his mind as he jogged back to Sungyeol’s home or else the poor male would be lost and god knows what Myungsoo would do to him when he goes back to his own body.

 

Myungsoo was still sleeping. He wasn’t aware of what was happening and when he woke up, he only saw a grumpy Sungyeol stabbing at the salad as though the salad offended him.

 

‘Morning Yeollie. Why are you playing with your food?’ Myungsoo asked. He frowned slightly as he didn’t like anyone playing with food.

 

‘Because.’ Sungyeol replied grumpily.

 

‘Seriously, stop. The salad is innocent. It didn’t sin against you and you’re going to eat it.’ Myungsoo was irritated.

 

‘What if I don’t? And Kim Myungsoo, you know I DON’T work out and yet you made Woohyun drags me to exercise, what logic is this?’ Sungyeol glared at Myungsoo angrily. Oh. So that’s the reason that made his Yeollie angry, huh? Myungsoo smirked.

 

‘So you’re angry because I didn’t wake up to work out with you, is it?’ Myungsoo asked. Sungyeol was too cute.

 

‘No! What I mean, is, why on earth, in the first place, you ask Woohyun to train ME?’ Sungyeol threw his hands up in frustration in his mind.

 

‘Aw, babe. I know you’re upset because I didn’t wake up just now. Don’t have to be shy.’ Myungsoo thought it would be fun to mess with Sungyeol, so he did.

 

‘You’re nut.’ Sungyeol decided to ignore him.

 

‘Right. Let’s get serious here. Do you know that you have to have an awesome body shape in order to enter the competition? If you enter with this bamboo figure of yours, you’ll just get eliminated by the first round.’ Myungsoo looked serious now.

 

‘And it’s definitely your fault that you took up Hyuna’s challenge.’ Sungyeol grunted.

 

‘Earth to Hyung!’ Someone shouted into his ear and Sungyeol jumped, almost stumbled to the ground.

 

‘What the hell?! Lee Daeyeol! Are you trying to give me a heart attack or something?’ Sungyeol yelled back.

 

‘Well, being a nice brother, I’m just trying you tell you that if you don’t leave in five minutes, you’ll be late for school. But you ignore me like 10 times? Fine. I’m not reminding you in future.’ Daeyeol shrugged as he opened the fridge for his daily dosage of milk. Sungyeol looked at the clock and quickly, he abandoned his abused salad and wore his shoes, running out of the house like a mad man.

 

‘Bye umma! I have to go now!’ Sungyeol called out and ran to school in the speed of light with his gifted long legs while Daeyeol stood by the door staring at the back of his rushing brother while drinking his milk casually. He had never seem Sungyeol running in this speed before. Well, maybe if he ran like this for physical tests he would pass without any problem.

 

Dammit. Sungyeol cursed in his mind. He made a mental note to ignore Myungsoo for the whole day. He made it to school, sure, but he was panting as though he ran a marathon and he was sweating like a pig. He straightened his uniform a little as he stepped into the school, his blazer made his body felt like he entered a sauna.

 

‘Oppa, do you want to eat some chocolates?’ A cute girl came up to him, holding a box of heart shaped chocolates, her eyes slightly twinkling.

 

‘Erm. No thanks, I’m on diet.’ Sungyeol only wanted to get into his class quickly so that he could complain to Sungjong how horrible this morning was. But it seemed to be impossible as the girl started trailing behind him like a lost puppy.

 

‘Wow. Oppa, you have a nice body, why are you still on diet?’ She persisted and Sungyeol almost scrunched his nose in disgust, this girl was creepy. Just plain creepy.

 

‘Yeol hyung!’ Sungjong called out. Thank goodness. His savior was just here in time.

 

‘Morning Jongie.’ Sungyeol made a pained expression as he gestured towards the girl with his eyes. Sungjong understood, of course because he just went over to the girl and the girl immediately went off. Looked like everyone knew how scary Sungjong could be and how protective he was over Sungyeol. ‘Thanks by the way.’

 

‘You looked dead, hyung. Did something happen this morning?’ Sungjong tilted his head, asking while tearing a sweet wrapper, he popped the sweet into his mouth after that.

 

‘Long story. I’ll tell you when we’re in class. It’s seriously ridiculous and my bag is heavy.’ Sungyeol said, already walking ahead.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

‘Have anyone seen Leetuek hyung?’ Hoya asked the angles near the gate of heaven, but almost all replied him with a shake of their heads.

 

‘Why are you finding Leetuek hyung?’ Kyungsoo, one of the angles who perform in the choir, asked Hoya cutely.

 

‘I’m desperate for his help.’ Hoya groaned in despair. ‘Have you seen him?’

 

‘Well, yeah, I’ve seen him this morning but if you’re finding him now, it’s a little too late. He has been sent for a mission in the human’s world and won’t be back ‘till a month later.’ Kyungsoo replied.

 

‘What should I do then?’ Hoya screamed. ‘Do you know any angle who has experience in soul transfer or anything related to that?’

 

‘Well, actually, yes. Sunggyu hyung is the one. But I heard that you’re having your cupid exam right? So it’s a big no to find him. Hm… Let me think. Aha! You can find Chunji! He’s also an expert but you hav-‘

 

‘Thanks Kyungsoo ah! Bye! I’m off to find him now!’ Hoya blew a fly kiss to Kyungsoo and ran off.

 

‘Yah! I haven’t finish talking! You have to be careful not to drink anything he gives you! He’s weird! Yah! Did you hear me?’ Kyungsoo called after Hoya and jumped around desperately, but the latter seemed to be out of sight already.

 

‘God bless you if you drink any of Chunji hyung’s potion, Hoya ah.’ Kyungsoo offered a silent prayer for Hoya before going for his choir practice.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: An update that's not too short but definitely not long either. I'm so sorry for the long wait. Seems like I'm updating less frequent now. But I'll make up to you guys after my exams. Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. :)

 

Thanks for subbing, reading, voting and commenting! ^^

Please do leave me a comment. :) <3

 

I'll be back! Kekeke