A Quiet Christmas (OT9)

The Wonders Of Love

Taeyeon smiled and crossed out the 24th on the calendar in their dorm. She heard a small knock on the wall and turned to the right to see Sunny and Seohyun smiling at her. She put the marker down and walked to the Christmas Tree with the two girls. In a couple of hours, it would be Christmas day and although it was a mostly happy day, they all felt a bit sad. After Jessica was kicked out, nothing was really the same. Tiffany being the person who still kept a somewhat decent connection to Jessica had messaged her asking if she wanted to spend Christmas with them but there was no reply.

You couldn't really expect much from someone who was kicked out of the group by her company.

Still Tiffany smiled brightly as if Jessica was there and Taeyeon hurt seeing how the girl would always look back at photos of them. It was obvious that unrequited love hurt. Sitting down next to the smiling but sad girl, Taeyeon patted her head with affection and gave a small smile. The other girls looked at the Tiffany with the same expression but went on and brought the mood up. Sunny grabbed Taeyeon's hand and squeezed it gently before leaning on the girl.

It was warm inside the dorm, but for some reason Seohyun felt a bit cold. As they get older, a lot of things change and that's what saddens Seohyun the most.

"2014 could have been a better year." Sooyoung finally speaks up after a couple of minutes of silence and Hyoyeon agrees.

Another minute of silence and Tiffany finally takes a deep breath before speaking.

"Bad things happen I guess, but I just think that maybe this year wasn't that good on us. Fate sort of.." She leaned back and thought to herself for a little longer as Yoona looked at her.

"Maybe next year will be a better year. Maybe we can redeem ourselves as a KPOP commnity then." Always taking the leader role, Taeyeon tries to ease up the mood and smiles.

Yuri nods and sighs. There was that feeling again. Girls' Generation is almost at it's end and all of the girls knew it. Tiffany just wished that they would disband as nine and not eight. She peeked at her phone to see if Jessica messaged anything back but to no avail, there was no reply. She was most likely spending Christmas with her family. Trying to feel happy for the girl, she placed her phone down and muttered a nearly silent 'Merry Christmas' to Jessica.

It was so much quieter. All of the girls were just running through memories of the year. A knock on the door broke Sunny, Seohyun and Tiffany out of their thoughts. Getting up silently, Tiffany walked to the door and opened it.

A girl about the same height at her was in front of her smiling softly and holding many giftbags and boxes. Tiffany's tears streamed down and she launched herself onto the girl and sobbed.

Sunny and Seohyun heard sobs and started to get up. Before Sunny walked off, she kicked Taeyeon gently and ponted to the door. The eldest girl stood up and followed the shorter girl. The three girls were not ready for the sight in front of them.

Jessica and had dropped all of her gifts to steady herself and Tiffany as the younger girl cried into her shoulder. She smiled sheepishly at the three girls in their shocked state. Sunny broke out of her reverie first and nudged Seohyun to grab the gifts and bring them to the Christmas tree while Taeyeon closed the door behind Jessica. She then lead the girl to the living room as Jessica continued to comfort the crying Tiffany with small yet reassuring whispers.

Sooyung was the first to notice the 3rd body that entered the room and immediately jumped up.

"Jessica!" After hearing the familiar name, the remaining girls finally paid attention.

Girls' Generation was back even if it was only for a small while.

--

The rest of the night was spent talking about the past. When they debuted and when Gee was a hit. They talked about their debut in Japan and "The Boys" era. After everyone had quieted down, Jessica pulled Tiffany's hand and brought the girl to someplace quiet. Taeyeon smiled at the two retreating figure before feeling a head lean on her shoulder.

"I wonder what they're doing.." Sunny sounded tired yet somehow she still managed to stay awake and entertain the rest of the girls. Taeyeon patted her head and chuckled.

"Maybe they're confessing their undying love to each other." The other girls had heard the small childish comment and laughed softly.

It might've been true, but maybe they were just catching up. Seohyun walked to the kitchen to grab a cup of orange juice but while she walked there, she heard soft voices. Being the curious one, she listened to as much as she could.

"Remember when you told me you loved me?" Jessica's voice was soft yet clear as day. Seohyun felt something good coming from their conversation.

"Yeah.. It was a while ago." Seohyun peeked over to see if she could spot anything but nearly had a heart attack when Yoona tapped her shoulder.

"Whatcha listening to?" Yoona playfully smiled and Seohyun pointed over to the two older girls.

Tiffany looked at her fingers and played with them while Jessica watched in adoration. The next scene had surprised the younger girls and they walked away giggling softly.

Seohyun forgot about her orange juice.

--

"Three, two, one!"

"Merry Christmas!" The girls smiled and hugged each other as the clock struck midnight.

Sooyoung smiled brightly as she engulfed the girls into a hug. This Christmas,they were back to nine. Even if it was just for a couple more hours.

For a couple more hours, they could forget about the bad luck that was upon them.


AN: Ayo! Merry Christmas (belated) I was out all day yesterday and I got home at about 10-ish and I immiediately jumped onto my bed with my laptop. I was gonna try to finish writing this before midnight but that failed ;-; Hope you enjoyed!