In Another Lifetime I (YoonYul)

The Wonders Of Love

Yuri remembered when being an idol was amazing. When her dream came true, with the support of her friends, although they were more like sisters. Except one person. The one with the doe-like eyes. The one who had the alligator laugh but Yuri found it cute. Her partner in crime. The second Shikshin. Her dongsaeng. Her best friend. Her twin. It all changed though. When she started to get butterflies in her stomach when the younger girl smiled at her. When her heart would race when they hugged. When she would smile brightly when Yoona whispered to her at concert. Then maybe a year later, she figured it all out. She was definitely in love with the goddess. She also found out many things. Like how Tiffany would give the brightest smile when she was around Jessica, and how her eyes would have a much bigger spark. She noticed that Sunny was much more brighter and you could even say cuter when she was around Taeyeon, like she was trying to flirt with the girl. She noticed that Hyoyeon danced more confidently and fiercely when Sooyoung was dancing with her or when the taller girl was watching her. Of course the other three girls found out about her too. They would have confessed but they weren't dumb. They wouldn't ever risk their friendship and sisterhood with the one they are in love with for their selfish reasons that may or may not be requited. So they waited. Maybe they could find a hint, just one hint telling them that their crush loved them back. but a year passed, and another. Yuri saw how Tiffany would sink into the sofa when Jessica was heading out to have her "just friends" date with Taecyeon. Everytime the two would greet each other, after the poor boy turned around, Tiffany would glare at him and clench her jaw. Even biting her lip until it bled one time just so she didn't spit any rude comments at him. Hyoyeon was also starting to get worried. Sooyoung was starting to show some interest in a specific actor. And even Sunny was freaking out sometimes, when Taeyeon had a flirty look towards a guy. That wasn't even it. They didn't have it as bad as Yuri did. She had to watch Yoona's dramas, and you know what is in them? Love. Love, love, love. It made her sick to her stomach but it wasn't Yoona's fault. So she just stared at the drama that was playing, and at one point letting one lone tear silently slide down her cheek, because she knew it was hopeless. It wasn't all that bad at least. Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Tiffany were way more closer. They spent a lot of time together, to the point where Taeyeon even joked around about Sunny being with Tiffany and Yoona joking about me being with Hyoyeon. Yuri wanted to believe that there was a strain in Taeyeon's voice. So maybe if she couldn't be happy at least maybe Sunny could be happy but the moment Yoona said what she said, all of them froze. Sooyoung looked at them weirdly.

"Wow, maybe you guys really are dating."

"Yeah! Fany if you were dating Sunny why didn't you tell me?"

The four oblivious idiots smiled at them but the maknae.. The maknae was smart. She nodded towards the four frozen girls before butting in.

"Unnies, you are blinding me."

"Huh?"

Yuri looked to Hyoyeon and she bit her lip. Yuri then looked to the other to girls. Tiffany was clenching and unclenching her fist, and Sunny.. She was.. Lost. Her eyes were dark and had no spark. Now that Yuri noticed, Tiffany's didn't either. Hyoyeon had a slumped position, and her eyes were dull. And Yuri. She felt like her world exploded. She wanted to go hide under the bed sheets and cry her eyes out. Or even better, she wanted to dig a hole and jump in and just die. Tiffany grabbed Sunny's hand and gave a squeeze before ubrubtly standing up.

"I need to go somewhere."

Hyoyeon stood up after and nodded blankly.

"Yeah me too."

Hyoyeon and Tiffany turned different ways after they reached the doors but Sunny and Yuri knew exactly where they were going to go.

"I'm gonna go check on Tiffany."

"Yeah, I'll check on Hyoyeon."

Yoona looked at Yuri astonished. Never had she heard Yuri be that serious. Yuri thought she saw a slight wince, but it was probably her imagination. It wasn't possible. Sunny and Yuri hurried after the duo that had went out already and went to the rooftop. Tiffany and Hyoyeon were staring blankly at the floor. Yuri looked to Sunny and Sunny frowned. Yuri walked up to Hyoyeon while Sunny walked up to Tiffany. That was when the waterworks were let out. Hyoyeon, the one who would always look strong and hold her tears back, immediately let her tears flood out and Yuri hugged her. Tiffany, who no one had ever seen her break out because of personal reasons, had immediately hugged Sunny and let out her tears. Yuri saw Sunny start to cry herself, and that was when she knew she could let it out. She sobbed with her three sisters and pulled all of them in for a hug, knowing that everyone needed one. Yuri was hurt. She thought that maybe she had a chance with Yoona. but after all of the waiting, there was no progress. She wanted to hate the girl, spit the worst insults at her and watch her cry. She wanted to make Yoona feel the pain Yuri felt but inside she knew that she couldn't. Because she was madly in love with Yoona. Because seeing her cry would tear Yuri apart. It would make Yuri guilty forever. So that night, the four girls came back as new people. Tiffany wouldn't be the bubbly and clumsy girl like before. Tiffany would be the calm and attentive girl that would never become the person she was before, unless a miracle happened. And that miracle would be Jessica. Sunny wouldn't try her aegyo as much. She wouldn't joke as much and she wouldn't even play her games as much. The only one who could ever change that was Taeyeon. Hyoyeon.. Hyoyeon would dance confidently, but her feelings would be of a robot's. She wouldn't show her true feelings anymore and she would not joke around as much, unless somehow Sooyoung could become hers. And Yuri.. Yuri wouldn't ever be the same. She would be more serious, make sure to watch her image more. She would be the mature Yuri that she had rarely shown. And the only one who could bring the old Yuri back was Yoona. The four were cold, serious and mature. They would not play around as much. They would act on tv or at a concert, pretend that everything was okay, but it wasn't. And it will probably never be. So when Yuri entered the room, Yoona looked up and frowned.

"Yul are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

Yuri saw Yoona's eyes widen at the coldness of her voice. She turned around to close the door while taking a breath, but she did not notice how Yoona winced. Yuri turned around and was met with a pale faced Yoona and almost frowned but she kept a blank face.

"Go to sleep Yoona, you don't look well."

Yoona shook her head.

"Why are you acting like this?"

Yuri stared at Yoona while the younger girl threw a her a hurt expression.

"So I can save myself."

Yuri turned around to head to the bathroom but surprisingly, Yoona grabbed her arm.

"What do you need to save yourself from huh? What kind of danger are you in that you need to act so cold to me?"

Yoona gave a hard stare to Yuri but the latter didn't flinch.

"You.. You would never understand."

Yuri saw Yoona's face become even paler. She looked into Yoona's eyes and saw the confusion turn into anger.

"Really?! I don't understand! I've been through so much, that maybe YOU don't understand! You've been avoiding me Yuri! Only me! What did I do that made you avoid me?!"

Yuri flinched at the shouting and felt her heart break. She could hear Yoona still panting after the loud commotion she caused.

"You're going to wake everyone up."

Yoona immediately felt hopeless and felt her leg shake.

"W-what did I do.."

Yoona's voice cracked and her knees buckled. Yuri quickly caught her.

"Yoona? Yoona?"

Yuri lifted her up and laid her on Yuri's bed, before getting a wet cloth and putting it on the unconscious girl's head. She moved a strand of Yoona's hair and sighed.

"You made me fall in love with you."

Yuri whispered before setting herself in a chair next to her bed and succumbing to sleep.

 

AN: oh no worries, I'm making this a good ending so get ready. :P I'm a fan of YoonHyun but YoonYul is just soooooo awesome. Thanks for the read!