SEQUENCE 9

Truth and Lies

SEQUENCE 9

 

“I’m happy to meet the couple of the hour.” Said the general manager of Yonex Korea as he has finally met Nichkhun and Victoria, their newest endorser.

 

“It’s nice to meet you too.” They both replied as they paid respect and had a handshake with him.

 

“You can now head to the clothing rack as your stylist choose your clothes.” Said the general manager as they both nodded.

Just recently, they both signed a two year contract with the brand as their official endorser after they showed skills in playing the game.

 

“Please show us 100% of your chemistry.” Said the photographer as he approached them which just made the two chuckle… they’re actually both excited over this endorsement… as finally Caribbean Bay is followed by this.

 

Nichkhun can’t help but glance at Victoria from time to time while her make-up is being applied as he can’t believe that they’re actually doing an endorsement together…. This whole thing has actually brought them a lot of good things.

 

 

-

 

 

“This whole pretentions brought good profit not only to Victoria and Nichkhun but to 2PM and f(x) as well.” Minjae said as he gave a folder to JYP.

 

“It’s expected as Nichkhun and Victoria got a huge fanbase…. But how about the two?” Jin Young asked as he glanced at Minjae.

 

“what do you mean?”

 

“their relationship?”

 

“Pretentions.”

 

“I don’t think so.” Minjae suddenly glanced at Jin Young when he said such statement.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I know how Nichkhun feels towards her from the very start.”

 

Minjae was caught off-guard with Jin Young’s declaration. He was also aware of it… but he didn’t want to meddle over it since he trusts Nichkhun that he knows what he is doing.

 

“Nichkhun is a smart guy… for now, I’ll trust him and believe that everything is still under control… I’m just afraid that if SM suddenly decides a declaration of break up between them.” Jin Young continued which kept Minjae quiet. He wasn’t aware that his boss is this observant of things.

 

“I’m not saying that I don’t have a say if they suddenly decide to declare a break up… or I decided to declare a break up… but what I’m trying to say is I just hope that they’ll be able to accept it if that time would come.”

 

Minjae just nodded as he perfectly understands what his CEO trying to imply.

 

 

-

 

“Victoria do a jump smash!” the photographer directed Victoria on what to do as she diligently follow his instructions…

 

As Nichkhun can’t help but observe her every move. He has done his part in this set and now is Victoria’s turn. Ofcourse he didn’t miss a chance to watch her pose as he again, admires everything in her. He’s just too lucky to have her…. despite of all the pretenses and stuffs.

 

In the middle of her part to shoot, Victoria suddenly had a glimpse of Nichkhun and she can perfectly feel that he’s staring at her… which suddenly made her feel conscious.

 

“Victoria smile…” the photographer instructed as she followed… but still she can feel his stare.

 

“It seems like boyfriend is making Victoria conscious…. Then let’s have boyfriend join Victoria in the center.” The photographer said which obviously made Victoria blush. Even though Nichkhun has long been addressed as her ‘boyfriend’ still she can’t forget the fact that it’s all… pretenses.

 

-

 

“I’m afraid that Victoria will eventually fall for him.” F(x) manager said as Soo Man nodded.

 

“I’m aware of that… ofcourse we can’t escape that fact.” Soo man agreed.

 

“And how are we going to act if that time comes?”

 

“Then let’s do the usual thing… cross the bridge when we get there.”

 

F(x)’s manager just looked down upon hearing his response… as he was afraid if how will Soo man react if that time really comes… as he can feel that it’s already happening though he also feels that they’re still both under control.

 

 

-

 

“Put your hands around her…. that’s it… turn to your left, show profile… that’s it….” The photographer kept on instructing as they both do what he was saying. They’re now on their last set and the photoshoot is done.

 

“Very nice… now let’s have a five minutes break before we do the last poses.” He said as he needed to change his battery making Nichkhun and Victoria have some retouch.

 

“Where are you going after this?” Nichkhun can’t help but ask… as he was also aware that they’re stylist and make up artists are around.

 

“Ugh… I’m off to for rehearsals in KBS, you?” Victoria replied naturally.

 

“I need to visit JYP to check on my schedule for next week.”

 

“I’m leaving to China next week.” Victoria unconsciously blurted which made Nichkhun look at her.

 

“For how long?”

 

“Three days? That’s the first information they told me…” Victoria replied which made Nichkhun’s eyebrows crease… so he’s not going to see her next week as he was also aware that they’re off to Japan for their tour and he also needs to go to Thailand next week.

 

“seems like this couple will not be seeing each other next week.” Nichkhun’s stylist can’t help but talk which made Victoria blush as Nichkhun smiled.

 

“We’ll find ways.” Nichkhun replied as the photographer announced that they need to resume.

 

 

“Okay for this… we need to see a sweet scene… Victoria sit on Nichkhun’s lap.” The photographer instructed which made Victoria stop mid-track.

 

“Come on Vic.” Nichkhun whispered as he offered his hand, Victoria just nodded and let him pull her to sit on his lap.

 

“that’s good, hold the racket on your right hand and circle your arm around his neck…” he continued to instruct as Victoria didn’t have a choice but to follow what he says. Nichkhun immediately circled his arms around her waist which made the photographer smile, he feels like he’s seeing a very natural chemistry infront of him.

 

“That’s nice… I need to see an eye contact.” The photographer instructed.

 

Nichkhun turned his face to have them face to face. He then stared at her face which made Victoria blush as she hold on her smile… but he continued to near his face until they’re now doing a nose-to-nose thing, both were smiling sweetly…. Unconscious of what’s happening around them… as they again feel the certain connection between them.

 

The photographer is impressed… indeed the couple infront of him is undeniably sweet and true…. In his own perspective.

 

 

-

 

“One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight…. Two… two… three… four…”

 

Victoria can hear the counting from the stage as one girl group is practicing their dance without music. Her members are busy rehearsing their dance without her as she was to do a stage with other girl group leaders…. And they’re set off to take some rest since they have just finished rehearsing onstage.

 

Victoria was walking along the chairs in the studio when Amber called her attention.

 

“Vic!”

 

“Yes?” she then walked towards her as she noticed that she was with someone.

 

“Vic remember Eunji? The A-pink member who really wants to be your friend.” Amber told her to recall as she nodded… ofcourse, how would she not know her if…

 

“Ofcourse I know her… hi Eunji! It’s nice to meet you!” Victoria greeted her… as Eunji blushed and showed her eye smile before paying respect.

 

“I actually just grabbed the opportunity to let the two of you meet… now I have to go… bye-bye!” Amber suddenly said as she run towards the other f(x) members who were still practicing which made Victoria chuckle.

 

“How are you Eunji?” Victoria asked as she was just staring at her.

 

“I’m fine… you?”

 

“Ofcourse I am… I’m not implying anything but you seemed stressed out… eversince the start of your rehearsals earlier.” Victoria replied as she observes her. Apink practiced on stage before them making her watch them perform… and she can’t take her eyes off her since she notices something.

 

“ah… yes… I’m just stressed out with different performances and activities… but I’m okay.” Eunji replied awkwardly which just made Victoria look at her suspiciously.

 

“You said you wanted me to be your friend right?” Victoria asked calmly… as she feels like she needs to let out her motherly side on the girl infront of her.

 

Eunji nodded.

 

“Then let me be one now… want to talk about it?” Victoria asked which made Eunji confuse.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“I know something Jung Eunji.” Victoria replied as Eunji’s lips fell apart, not having an idea if what is she talking about.

 

 

“Kibum seemed happy.” Victoria noticed as Key was busy with his phone while they’re inside the practice room of SMEnt building. Members of different groups would usually gather to do some random dancing and now, Victoria decided to come over as her members were busy with their won schedules. It’s Key and Taemin who came for Shinee. She was aware that Jonghyun is busy in promoting SM Ballad while Onew is busy with Law of the Jungle… and Minho on the other hand… well… she didn’t have to ask as today is Sulli’s free day…. And if she knows… the secret couple is actually somewhere having their own secret date.

 

“Well…. I am.” Key replied with a smile.

 

“Has this something to do with someone?” Victoria asked in a teasing voice. As f(x) is close to Shinee, they seemed to be one family. She’s also considered as someone to be leaned on by the members of both groups…. And she’s too observant with things.

 

“What are you talking about…” Key sounded different which made Victoria smirk.

 

“Eunji I’m in the practice room now, we’re doing some random dance.” Victoria suddenly said which made Key’s eyes widen as he held his phone close to his chest.

 

“How… how did…” Key can’t even complete a sentence with Victoria’s statement… she has just reiterated his text message.

 

“Take care Kibum… don’t tire yourself too much… I’m off to Gimpo Airport now.” Victoria continued which made Key look pale…

 

As Victoria let out a laugh.

 

 

“You should be careful in choosing your place… texting while leaning on the mirror… you’re lucky that I’m the only one near you to actually read it through reflection.” Victoria said as she sat beside him.

 

“I… I….”

 

“You don’t have to say anything Kibum…. I’ve got my lips sealed... don’t worry…. I support you.” Victoria said as she touched his shoulder which somehow made him heave a deep sigh… aside from s, Victoria is the first one to know about his situation.

 

“Hide it while you can, cherish whatever you have now… I’m happy for you.” Victoria continued as she gave him a warm smile. She’s happy that he’s not afraid to take the risk… even though she’s not yet aware of the other informations… but she feels it.

 

-

 

“Vic, can I talk to you?” she was surprised to see Key waiting outside the practice room. It’s been some weeks since Key started to tell her about his status… with Apink’s Eunji. She felt so happy upon learning that they have actually started dating after getting to know each other deeper since they’re stint in We Got Married during Taemin’s married life.

 

“What are you doing here? Isn’t your practice long done?” Victoria asked as she wiped her wet hair. She has just finished doing some routines alone inside the practice room and she has just took a shower, now she’s ready to leave… but Key seemed to have something.

 

“I waited for you.” Key replied sounding lifeless which made her eyebrows crease. In the past weeks that they would randomly talk, she can usually say how happy he is…. And he’s totally different now.

 

“Where do you want to talk then?” Victoria asked as she feels something is wrong.

 

 

 

 

They headed back to the practice room as both sat on the couch. Victoria waited silently for Key to start talking.

 

“I’m going to Japan.” Key started as Victoria adjusted her position to face him.

 

“Because I’m joining We Got Married Global Edition.” Key continued which made Victoria’s expression soften…. Now she knows why he was looking that way.

 

“Does she knows?” she asked softly.

 

Key nodded.

 

“I had no choice but to tell her since I wanted to be honest to her… I actually tried to decline the show saying that I’m busy and they can just choose other idols… but I’m trapped especially when they suddenly brought up the question if I’m in a relationship that’s why I’m rejecting the offer.” Key explained as Victoria nodded for she perfectly understand his stand in the situation.

 

“Then, how did she react?”

 

“she said she was okay with it… but I know something’s not right… and I don’t like the feeling.” Key said as he looked down. He’s just starting with this relationship and he wanted to cherish it, he actually wished that this would be the last for he’s really looking forward for a long lasting relationship with his girl.

 

“I don’t know her personally… but I’ve come to know her through your stories… and I believe she’s a good girl… she just need time… just let her absorb it first… and then ask yourself if you can also do it… if to what extent can you give to the show… since sometimes things can just happen out of your intention… I’m not saying this to scare you or what… but when you start doing the show… always think that there is this someone who’s waiting for you… your real deal.”

 

 

 

“I don’t know what to do.” Eunji said as she looked down as she come to know what Victoria was talking about.

 

“I think you know what to do… you’re just afraid to face it… since you don’t know what might happen if you do.” Victoria countered which made Eunji lift her head to have an eye contact to her…. yes she had her members... but what people say is true. It’s truly different if you get to talk to people who are older than you… its making things lighter.

 

“We never knew if when did Key have his last relationship or when did he last dated… but now… I’m happy that he got a girl like you… I’m confident that you guys will become stronger with time… you just have to give enough trust….” Victoria continued.

 

 

-

 

 

Victoria can’t fall asleep as she thinks about what is happening now with Eunji and Key. She knows that both are inlove… and this We Got Married stint is a challenge for their relationship, and she somehow feels bad for them.

 

A sudden tear escaped from her eyes as she recalled something.

 

 

 

 

“Victoria can I talk to you?”

 

 

“About what?”

 

 

 

“About Nichkhun.”

 

 

 

=======================

end of chapter nine.

 

As the author of this fic, I personally think that I'm writing with a weak storyline.... so I'm trying to do something about it. ehehehehe :)

 

but anyways.... yeah I'm a KeyJi fan...so I just thought that I needed to put this here. ahahahahah! anyways...

how was it?

comments? :)

thank you so much!